O-Soul/303Toys/Inflames Toys three kingdoms chinese historical figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info buddy.
About the repeating: tbh, there isn't so much variability within this niche, right? Sooner or later, they are going to repeat themselves all the time... Don't you thing?
Regards,
m.
o-soul is expensive, cheap quality but they give you a lot of accessories
303 toys are pretty good quality but repeat armor and horse designs
inflames are also good but more expensive than 303 toys, their hand ball joints are weak and break easy. Hard to switch hands

Wow... Thanks for the data man. I'll crunch on it.

Totally agree about the horses thing. You can notice from the marketing stuff (even if it is not to be entirely trusted).

Anybody, any other takes on these manufacturers?

Regards,
m.

303 toys figures awesome .
#1There Zhang Fei figure is pretty much perfect in my book . The head sculpt is definitely Hot toys quality .
Unfortunately there later figures do not have the same quality in terms of paint application . The original sculpted must have moved to Coo models or another 1/6 company because the detail is just not there anymore .
#2 There body’s and clothing are top notch and full of details .
#3 There new Steeds/horses are huge improvements over the old versions and are very solid .
If your into this Genre then by all means go for it with 303 toys .
I don’t own any o-soul figures so I won’t judge them but from what I read on these forums , There junk and should stay away .

Inflames Toys - I feel their figures are great quality, especially the Monkey King and Journey to the West versions. Both of their Zhang Fei versions are great too. However, they repeat armor style so many times. Look at their Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Monkey King 6.0, Guan Yu and see if you see the same armor. Inflames has a lot of fans in China and their figures tend to raise up in price quickly in the secondary market. Best to get their figures when they are released or you’ll be roasted on Taobao.

303 Toys / Coomodel - Definitely my favorite of the bunch. Paint app isn’t there with Hot Toys pieces, but their prices are not the same as Hot Toys either. They’re currently producing the best 1/6 horses in the industry and the reason I bought so many.

O-Soul - Great accessories, but quality isn’t there with 303 Toys while being more expensive. They have some questionable designs about Three Kingdoms figures so I can’t say that I’m happy with such decisions. Their Ming King’s Bodyguard figures are decent. Xiu Chun Dao is decent quality for a cheap figure (under $140) that comes with 2 heads and 2 sets of clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey thanks bro.
Wow, that's a lot of info I'll sure crunch on. Thanks again!

As I said, repetition within this niche is almost unavoidable, don't you think? After all, how many strikingly different Chinese armours can you think of...?

Some questions now, if you don't mind:

- Do you own the inflames white horse? Just how good is it? Isn't it a far superior solution than the static 303/Coomodel solutions?

- Monkey King 6.0?? Is that a version number? What does it mean?

- When you say O-soul sells great accessories, what do you refer to actually? And what do you understand as "questionable designs"?

- Do you own any of these?
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/730355136/TB2PgVCdrmI.eBjy1zjXXaq5VXa_!!730355136.jpg
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2018/03/in-flames-x-newsoul-water-margin-series.html

These look like a hell of seamless bodies right? I haven't found any reviews of Yhang Fei (which seems to be already available). Do you know of any?

Regards,
m.

Inflames Toys - I feel their figures are great quality, especially the Monkey King and Journey to the West versions. Both of their Zhang Fei versions are great too. However, they repeat armor style so many times. Look at their Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Monkey King 6.0, Guan Yu and see if you see the same armor. Inflames has a lot of fans in China and their figures tend to raise up in price quickly in the secondary market. Best to get their figures when they are released or you’ll be roasted on Taobao.

303 Toys / Coomodel - Definitely my favorite of the bunch. Paint app isn’t there with Hot Toys pieces, but their prices are not the same as Hot Toys either. They’re currently producing the best 1/6 horses in the industry and the reason I bought so many.

O-Soul - Great accessories, but quality isn’t there with 303 Toys while being more expensive. They have some questionable designs about Three Kingdoms figures so I can’t say that I’m happy with such decisions. Their Ming King’s Bodyguard figures are decent. Xiu Chun Dao is decent quality for a cheap figure (under $140) that comes with 2 heads and 2 sets of clothing.

- Do you own the inflames white horse? Just how good is it? Isn't it a far superior solution than the static 303/Coomodel solutions?
I did own the Inflames white horse, but I didn't like it. The horse legs are flimsy and can't barely stand up on its own without a stand support. For the appearance, the horse has this overall looks of being sick and weak. It's not superior over the static 2.0 horses by 303 & Coomodel.

That means it's the 6th release of the character Monkey King. Like Black Widow from Infinity War is technically the 6th Black Widow released by Hot Toys.

- When you say O-soul sells great accessories, what do you refer to actually? And what do you understand as "questionable designs"?
You have to check out O-soul product photos like Zhuge Liang to see what they came with for extra accessories. What I meant by questionable designs in O-Soul Three Kingdoms figures are the armors more fantasy-like. 303 Toys armor designs are based on the 1994 TV show. O-Soul armor designs feel weird, over the top style like they belong in a video game like Dynasty Warriors.

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/730355136/TB2PgVCdrmI.eBjy1zjXXaq5VXa_!!730355136.jpg
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2018/03/in-flames-x-newsoul-water-margin-series.html

These look like a hell of seamless bodies right? I haven't found any reviews of Yhang Fei (which seems to be already available). Do you know of any?

Yes, I own the Inflames Zhang Fei Battle Damaged version. They develop a new seamless body just for him. I don't watch reviews so I don't know where to point you. I just buy whatever I feel like it. I have thought about making review videos, but they are demanded too much work.

P.S. As of right now, you can still get 303 Liu Bei and Huang Zhong at retail as they got released in the US 2 months ago. All of the Inflames Zhang Fei and early 303 figures are sold out so you’re pretty much out of luck there. eBay might be your only source to get these figures now. Good luck on your decision.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of that, mate.

You just killed me there when you said the white horse is that weak... I loved the idea of it being seamless. I saw video reviews giving it both thumbs up... :-(
I need it for my Gandalf... and I wanted to pose its head... :-((((((
It is true that some of the newer white 303 horses are really impressive.

Regarding the Monkey King: I have just discovered the inflames throne version... Amazing!

Regarding Inflames Zhang Fei: would it be asking too much that you took a bunch of pics of that seamless body for us to see? Just how flexible is it? Can you get nice poses out of it? Skin texture ok?

About the question regarding O'soul accessories: I own one of their armour racks, and it is pretty cool. I'd like to buy the map accessory, too. I find they are quite inspiring diorama accessories, and wanted to have your opinion on them.

Thank you for your heads-up regarding those 2 figures, mate. Problem is that I prefer the older version of Liu Bei, the civilian one. I guess it is already sold out, but if the marketing stuff is something to go about, that figure is awesome: rooted goatee! Just how it is meant to be! And when properly lit (like in the marketing pics), it looks really real! And of all knights, I have always loved https://www.303toy.com/info-118.html more than any other. I guess that they are both sold out, to never return... :-(

My plan is getting a bunch of Chinese figures (Liu Bei, Gengis Khan, https://www.303toy.com/info-118.html, and one of the white armour guys), to combine them with a Sideshow Arashikage Temple that I have (plus other diorama thingies) to do a crazy scene involving Ninjas, Chinese warriors, Kung-Fu practitioners and samurais (you know, some Asian Olympics of sorts). But well... It will have to wait for now.

BUT something I would purchase in a heartbeat is the 303 chariot. With or without horses!
GUYS, IF ANY OF YOU OWN IT AND WANT TO GET RID OF IT, GIVE ME A PM!!!

And talking of rare stuff, does any of you guys own any of the versions of the golden 303 throne? Just how awesome is it?

Regards,
m.

I did own the Inflames white horse, but I didn't like it. The horse legs are flimsy and can't barely stand up on its own without a stand support. For the appearance, the horse has this overall looks of being sick and weak. It's not superior over the static 2.0 horses by 303 & Coomodel.

That means it's the 6th release of the character Monkey King. Like Black Widow from Infinity War is technically the 6th Black Widow released by Hot Toys.

You have to check out O-soul product photos like Zhuge Liang to see what they came with for extra accessories. What I meant by questionable designs in O-Soul Three Kingdoms figures are the armors more fantasy-like. 303 Toys armor designs are based on the 1994 TV show. O-Soul armor designs feel weird, over the top style like they belong in a video game like Dynasty Warriors.

Yes, I own the Inflames Zhang Fei Battle Damaged version. They develop a new seamless body just for him. I don't watch reviews so I don't know where to point you. I just buy whatever I feel like it. I have thought about making review videos, but they are demanded too much work.

P.S. As of right now, you can still get 303 Liu Bei and Huang Zhong at retail as they got released in the US 2 months ago. All of the Inflames Zhang Fei and early 303 figures are sold out so you’re pretty much out of luck there. eBay might be your only source to get these figures now. Good luck on your decision.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of that, mate.

You just killed me there when you said the white horse is that weak... I loved the idea of it being seamless. I saw video reviews giving it both thumbs up... :-(
I need it for my Gandalf... and I wanted to pose its head... :-((((((
It is true that some of the newer white 303 horses are really impressive.
Sorry for that wasn't the news you wanted to hear, but I'm being honest here as a collector, not as a merchant. Inflames horses suck! I sold both the white horse that came with Tang Monk and the black horse that came with Zhang Fei Deluxe. Very likely that I would sell the red horse that comes with Guan Yu next year too.

Regarding Inflames Zhang Fei: would it be asking too much that you took a bunch of pics of that seamless body for us to see? Just how flexible is it? Can you get nice poses out of it? Skin texture ok?
You can get some nice poses out of it, but only time will tell if the silicon quality Inflames used is matched with Phicen seamless body. The body shape is definitely very unique and big. It towers over the Phicen M34 body, and good candidate to custom kitbashed Conan.

About the question regarding O'soul accessories: I own one of their armour racks, and it is pretty cool. I'd like to buy the map accessory, too. I find they are quite inspiring diorama accessories, and wanted to have your opinion on them.
I feel that the first Zhuge Liang offering by O-Soul has better accessories. The second version has the cartwheel and the map, which are cool as well, but the first one is still better.

My plan is getting a bunch of Chinese figures (Liu Bei, Gengis Khan, https://www.303toy.com/info-118.html, and one of the white armour guys), to combine them with a Sideshow Arashikage Temple that I have (plus other diorama thingies) to do a crazy scene involving Ninjas, Chinese warriors, Kung-Fu practitioners and samurais (you know, some Asian Olympics of sorts). But well... It will have to wait for now.
If I'm not mistaken, did you have a thread in OSW with all the ninja and samurai in front of the Arashikage Temple?

And talking of rare stuff, does any of you guys own any of the versions of the golden 303 throne? Just how awesome is it?
The 303 golden throne is great, but you are out of luck to find it at retail now. I currently have Qing emperor Kangxi sitting on the throne. However, when Ming Taizu comes out this year, he and Kangxi have to fight to get the throne. :lol
1c05ed050c6accea2046d11a73fb8ce1.jpg

Hi mate !
Welcome to the world of three kingdoms figure collections.
As I see you have the same interest as ours i will try to help you

* 303 three kingsoms first generation figures are guan yu, zhao yun & lu bu. Be carefull when purchasing these figures. Since some of their armor are made of faux leather they sometimes tend to brittle. This apply to other inflames and o soul figure, basicly any figures with faux leather armor material.
Other thing that I should mention is their armor tends to become a bit sticky after time. I guess its due to plastic material nature to dissolve overtime. Also their body joints tend to become loose so dont put them on poses that require joint strength

* As for white horse for your Gandalf if you want seamless horse the best option is to use Inflames Tang Monk horse. Other best option is to use 303 Zhao Yun 2.0 horse. So far the best horse is 303 Huang Zhong horse. But its brown so wont match Gandalf's Shadowfax colour.

* Inflames Monkey King comes in different version buy the one that you like the most. The newest monkey king on throne is definitely a must have !!! Pre Order yours now before it sold out !!!

* My Inflames Zhang Fei with seamless body just came in, but i havent open it. I will let you know soon

* O Soul newest Three Kingdoms Map backdrop is huge. As you can see, i placed it on the back of my Inflames Guan Yu 1.0
Quality is good

* Older 303 Liu Bei is quite rare now and I agree the rooted goatie is catchy ahaahaahhaha.

* 303 also produced Mongols line up, but not as popular as their Three Kingdoms line up. Combining them with Sideshow Arashikage Temple diorama is not recommended since they come from different line up. Its better to Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes scene battle. I will post mine when I back from holiday

* 303 chariot is much rarer than Liu Bei. I dont have it but have saw it at my friend house. I must warn you that the chariot and horses gonna take some space so you better prepare custom case for them

* As for 303 Dragon Throne I suggest you buy the version 2.0 Its basicly the re-run version with added accessories. So buy version 2.0 instead of the older one. I must say that the throne is one of a kind diorama. Just like Arashikage Temple it need the correct figure to show its beauty. Now the only figure match for it is 303 Kang Xi Emperor

Other things have been said by chipgau. He is reputable member with a lot knowledge in this forum discussion board. I just added my 2 cents.

Hope this helps

19e2b61385a2ab8d7fa40553f3a3e7bb.jpg
3e8414dfe483dc40d768fa232e87e994.jpg
8844ce83fdaad06cfbabf597374169c1.jpg
2cb9606f9cead9f4b86c2d73bbec192d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your honesty buddy. Also for your generosity with your time and knowledge.

Thanks again for the heads up on Zhuge Liang. I like that hugeumbrella for the sun!!

I am afraid the guy from the Arashikage thread was not me. My temple is still in its ginormous box. I expect being able to deploy it in the upcoming months. I own the black, red and green Cobra ninjas (GI Joe).

Yes: not a chance in the world anymore regarding the throne....

You have a very nice collection right there!! Any pics of Zhang Fei's silicone body in a nice pose?
This must also be awesome: https://www.7toys7.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1776

Thanks again buddy!!
Regards,
m.

Sorry for that wasn't the news you wanted to hear, but I'm being honest here as a collector, not as a merchant. Inflames horses suck! I sold both the white horse that came with Tang Monk and the black horse that came with Zhang Fei Deluxe. Very likely that I would sell the red horse that comes with Guan Yu next year too.

You can get some nice poses out of it, but only time will tell if the silicon quality Inflames used is matched with Phicen seamless body. The body shape is definitely very unique and big. It towers over the Phicen M34 body, and good candidate to custom kitbashed Conan.

I feel that the first Zhuge Liang offering by O-Soul has better accessories. The second version has the cartwheel and the map, which are cool as well, but the first one is still better.

If I'm not mistaken, did you have a thread in OSW with all the ninja and samurai in front of the Arashikage Temple?

The 303 golden throne is great, but you are out of luck to find it at retail now. I currently have Qing emperor Kangxi sitting on the throne. However, when Ming Taizu comes out this year, he and Kangxi have to fight to get the throne. :lol
1c05ed050c6accea2046d11a73fb8ce1.jpg

Nice collection as always, Similikiti.

Are you going to get the 6.0 Monkey King with throne?

Thanks for your time and knowledge bro! Your generosity should put many *******s in SSF to shame, who have criticized me for asking knowledgeable people like you to summarize threads as you and the other nice blokes in here have just done!!
THANK YOU ALL GUYS!!

To the point:

1) Pleather accounts for almos 99% of faux leather used in 1/6 figures these days, man.... I guess there must be good pleather and bad pleather, just as in anything else. Do you really mean that pleather on 303 Toys' Lu Bu (my all-time favourite) has been known by fans in here to come to pieces??? :-((((

2) OMG they become sticky too????? That really is a deal breaker for me. I can deal with loose joints by changing the body or 3d-printing new pegs, but thinking that those gorgeous armours can become sticky just puts me off completely. Do you mean this has happened very often??

3) The 303 Zhao Yun 2.0 horse is absolutely amazing. I spotted it back when it was announced and I fell in love... but I need my horses to be action figures, not sculptures.
Why is 303 Huang Zhong's horse the best thus far? The white horses of the last generation really are awesome aren't they??
Do you consider the Inflames horse to be as bad as chipgau said it is?

4) Unfortunately, as much as I love the concept, I can't afford the newest MK. I strive for realism, and I am all about realistic warriors. Fantasy is not my thing, not in this niche.

5) Oh man I can barely wait for your pics of that awesome seamless body...!!

6) What an awesome collection that of yours!!! I see I am not the only one with a penchant for Asian warriors, am I?
I even see a couple of GI Joe ninjas (both SSC and HT) that I also own!! :)
Yes I want to get a backdrop map like yours. And yep, I also have noticed that VC Exiled God that you have, with his windy scarf!! Sweet!!!
You might also like this very nice figure:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Threezero-...e-Eddie-Peng-Yu-Yen-Yan/132440926288?var=null

That rooted hair is AWESOME!!
And those nice broken bridges by Toys Box and Little Box!!! I intend to purchase 2 units of the Toys Box one, and simulate that they are halves of some ancient broken bridge separated by a small river... :)

7) I don't quite get why I can't mix 303's Kahn with SSC's GIJoe lineup... Where is the problem? I know historically doesn't make any sense, but well...

8) Yeah I know I am out of luck with the Chariot and the old version of Lui Bei. :-((((((((((

9) Thank for the heads up on the throne. Also out of my reach right now. I intended it for Genghis Khan, even though you will say I am a stupid ignorant of Chinese History... Hey but they look very cool to me!

Regards,
m.

Hi mate !
Welcome to the world of three kingdoms figure collections.
As I see you have the same interest as ours i will try to help you

* 303 three kingsoms first generation figures are guan yu, zhao yun & lu bu. Be carefull when purchasing these figures. Since some of their armor are made of faux leather they sometimes tend to brittle. This apply to other inflames and o soul figure, basicly any figures with faux leather armor material.
Other thing that I should mention is their armor tends to become a bit sticky after time. I guess its due to plastic material nature to dissolve overtime. Also their body joints tend to become loose so dont put them on poses that require joint strength

* As for white horse for your Gandalf if you want seamless horse the best option is to use Inflames Tang Monk horse. Other best option is to use 303 Zhao Yun 2.0 horse. So far the best horse is 303 Huang Zhong horse. But its brown so wont match Gandalf's Shadowfax colour.

* Inflames Monkey King comes in different version buy the one that you like the most. The newest monkey king on throne is definitely a must have !!! Pre Order yours now before it sold out !!!

* My Inflames Zhang Fei with seamless body just came in, but i havent open it. I will let you know soon

* O Soul newest Three Kingdoms Map backdrop is huge. As you can see, i placed it on the back of my Inflames Guan Yu 1.0
Quality is good

* Older 303 Liu Bei is quite rare now and I agree the rooted goatie is catchy ahaahaahhaha.

* 303 also produced Mongols line up, but not as popular as their Three Kingdoms line up. Combining them with Sideshow Arashikage Temple diorama is not recommended since they come from different line up. Its better to Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes scene battle. I will post mine when I back from holiday

* 303 chariot is much rarer than Liu Bei. I dont have it but have saw it at my friend house. I must warn you that the chariot and horses gonna take some space so you better prepare custom case for them

* As for 303 Dragon Throne I suggest you buy the version 2.0 Its basicly the re-run version with added accessories. So buy version 2.0 instead of the older one. I must say that the throne is one of a kind diorama. Just like Arashikage Temple it need the correct figure to show its beauty. Now the only figure match for it is 303 Kang Xi Emperor

Other things have been said by chipgau. He is reputable member with a lot knowledge in this forum discussion board. I just added my 2 cents.

Hope this helps

19e2b61385a2ab8d7fa40553f3a3e7bb.jpg
3e8414dfe483dc40d768fa232e87e994.jpg
8844ce83fdaad06cfbabf597374169c1.jpg
2cb9606f9cead9f4b86c2d73bbec192d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Similikiti, you have an amazing collection that is only highlighted by your incredible display. You really show off how awesome the figures from 303 and Inflames are. As a fan of Sun WuKong I am insanely jealous by your Monkey King figures. You even have the ones with flocked fur instead of sculpted, my personal favorite. You even have the one with multiple heads and arms just to show how amazing a fighter he is and how amazing his powers are. Thank you for sharing.

How in the heck did you fit that Buddha head in the display !!!??
I love that display base, but too big. It's sitting on my printer these days...:D

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

Huang Zhong finally here! The Shu army is complete (unless they add Wei Yan, Ma Dai, etc). BTW Huang Zhong's horse is ginormous and is even bigger than O-Soul's Red Hare and 303's own new larger horses by a lot. Can't even put it next to Zhang Fei or Ma Chao's horse cause the scale is so off and looks horrible when they're next to each other. Other than that, I am a happy man.

Huang Zhong finally here! The Shu army is complete (unless they add Wei Yan, Ma Dai, etc). BTW Huang Zhong's horse is ginormous and is even bigger than O-Soul's Red Hare and 303's own new larger horses by a lot. Can't even put it next to Zhang Fei or Ma Chao's horse cause the scale is so off and looks horrible when they're next to each other. Other than that, I am a happy man.
Awesome display, man! I don’t think 303 will make anymore Shu’s characters although I would love to have Wei Yan. I felt the novel penned by Luo Guan Zhong created a big injustice for Wei Yan, one of the key people who helped Liu Bei conquer Han Zhong.

Red Hare...looks like Huang Zhong's horse
I think 303 got the feedbacks from most collectors who thought Huang Zhong’s horse was basically Red Hare due to its physique. I’m glad that they modified Huang Zhong’s horse head a bit to make it even taller now for Red Hare.

I’m definitely getting a couple of new Red Hare plus the Lu Bu standard armor. I don’t like the Masterpiece, especially not for the price they are asking (500USD+)

Looking at my photos from 2014, 303 had come a long way since their first Lu Bu.
b307c634aaf9e757291de274f61bee59.jpg

c6186a374017a1cffded67b31378f982.jpg

b8d154ae6fba80f089fdfb08e78d9246.jpg

2f3ecfdad319f801b0084d4944c57f6d.jpg

Lu Bu 2.0 masterpiece is $500??? Any sites that have it up? If so, F that! That’s a crazy price.

@chipgau- I always really liked Wei Yan too. He was like the unofficial 6th Tiger General with his courage and combat prowess. Too bad Zhuge Liang hated him and treated him unfairly.

Back