O-Soul/303Toys/Inflames Toys three kingdoms chinese historical figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
145336mcgqxl2vztwzmzml.jpg

Zhou Yu looks good. I don't like his collar guard around his neck. 303's Lu Bu has the same thing, and I don't bother to use it.

150715geoctjaoanvr8zr1.png

They're copying the design from the TV series as well. I just don't understand why they always have to add gold to every armor. Zhao Yun and Zhou Yu should be all silver imo.

Due to the TV series budget, many of the props and costumes were reused multiple times. If they follow everything in the TV series, then many of the generals regardless if they are on Wei, Shu or Wu, technically wearing the same armors and costumes. LOL Notice that the helmet Zhou Yu wears is the Guan Yu's helmet that we just received from the 2.0 version, minus the color. It even has the same dragon emblem on top.

In reality, all generals probably wore the same military outfit and armors back then because military equipments were/are standardized. However, for the sake of uniqueness in collecting, I want each general to stand out and not wearing an exact copy of equipments. I didn't buy Inflames' Guan Yu because he was wearing the same armor as Monkey King Qi Tian Da Sheng version.

IMG_1462.jpg
I just bought Monkey King 1.0 version from a member here. Swapped out the plastic golden cudgel with a metal one from the latest release. Now I'm itching to find version 2.0 for a fair price. It's a long shot but does anyone know where I can buy one?

In reality, all generals probably wore the same military outfit and armors back then because military equipments were/are standardized. However, for the sake of uniqueness in collecting, I want each general to stand out and not wearing an exact copy of equipments.

That will depends on which era you are referring to. Generals fighting for the warlords during the warring states period probably make their own armor (if they wore any at all) and therefore, even in the same camp, all general's armor should be unique in their own way.
Qin's generals could be having a standard armor since Qin is quite **** about standardizing anything and everything throughout its empire.
Qing empire could just be the only other one having a standard General's armor design.

I might have to order from TFH at this rate since it seems no retailer in the US is carrying new 303 products like Zhao Yun 2.0.

On the side note, I received Nan Xia Zhan Zhao from China. Another figure that seems to not coming to the US for whatever reason.
IMG_1487.jpg

I just bought Monkey King 1.0 version from a member here. Swapped out the plastic golden cudgel with a metal one from the latest release. Now I'm itching to find version 2.0 for a fair price. It's a long shot but does anyone know where I can buy one?
Great pic! I love my V1 Monkey King. My biggest challenge is finding a decent stand for it....

Back