Nurse Joker Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are quite welcome sir! Now you must tell me where you got that belt! I haven't been able to find one that was movie accurate. Also please tell me (us) how you made the name tag. Thank you. :wink1:

AAH the belt is custom made by yours truly! the name plate is the one that came off the T1000 police outfit. i used tamiya paint thinner to remove the "austin" name. came right off without damaging the silver coloring!

AAH the belt is custom made by yours truly! the name plate is the one that came off the T1000 police outfit. i used tamiya paint thinner to remove the "austin" name. came right off without damaging the silver coloring!

Awesome on the nametag! Did you make a "Nurse Hemming" name plate to go over it? I am planning on printing out the words for the nametag on clear decal paper and then putting it over the original once I remove the "Austin" name now that you've shared with me where to get a decent nametag from. Would you mind sharing with us how you made the belt? Please, oh please, oh please! My Nurse Joker will be one of the best pieces in my collection if I can just get the accessories and the feet done correctly, as I still can't find the correct foot pegs. Thanks again!

What font and size is that on the nameplate?

Font and size for what? I haven't put a name tag yet!

:goodpost:

Can you give us measurements too. I really don't want to pay $30 for a nametag, lol. That's about what the T-1000 shirts are going for seperately. :slap

OK! The belt is obviously elastic. The buckle however kinda just feel in my lap! It's made of what are called "brads", they're for scrapbooking! Then I just glued them to the elastic. Pretty simple, once you find some brads, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Font and size for what? I haven't put a name tag yet!

LOL, I was just blown away by the concept. I think I'm going to use the Hot Toys display stand font I think it's Helvetica Neue(sp) Black? Are you planning on putting "Nurse Hemming" on the nametag? That's what I've decided to do after reading (I think in this thread acctually) that that was generally the name agreed upon by most as having been on his nametag.

OK! The belt is obviously elastic. The buckle however kinda just feel in my lap! It's made of what are called "brads", they're for scrapbooking! Then I just glued them to the elastic. Pretty simple, once you find some brads, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Thanks for the info and thanks for the vote of confidence. Seriously, sometimes I just got to craft stores and look for random stuff I might "need for something someday." Good to know I'm not the only one that does that. :1-1:

Hey guys what is the best body to use. I saw where some are using the Persues but thats kinda outta my price range. Any ideas?

Hey guys what is the best body to use. I saw where some are using the Persues but thats kinda outta my price range. Any ideas?

I may look to sell my Geomon (i think that's how you spell it?) body to part fund an upgrade to Perseus - you've seen the pics of my Nurse Joker in my thread, that's how it looks. Let me know if interested! :hi5:

WIP

100_1510.jpg

Haha, I saw that when it went up for auction. I thought it was funny how he said he couldn't get the wig to fit. That's because it's designed for a completely different head!

Also, it's missing some items. That's understandable for a used item, given that most of the items are small little bits. But what I have to wonder is why he would be missing a sock?! You'd think that if you lose one sock, you'd probably have lost the other in the same incident!

Also, it's missing some items. That's understandable for a used item, given that most of the items are small little bits. But what I have to wonder is why he would be missing a sock?! You'd think that if you lose one sock, you'd probably have lost the other in the same incident!

Maybe he lost it in the dryer, I'm always doing that.:slap

On topic though, I contacted the seller to see if they'd part out the set (as I really just needed the wig.) and they were fairly rude in their response. It wasn't like I offered $10.00 for it or anything as I know the importance/value of the piece. I also understand wanting to sell everything at once, but I've sold quite a bit on eBay and I would think as a seller you'd want to entertain all offers and at least pretend to be polite to potential buyers. As it was, due to their reply, I opted just to buy from another seller. I got a decent deal with all the parts (including another TT and a Real BR head.) I'll take from the set what I need and sell off the rest of the pieces individually. Just my two cents, I rerail my derailing. :wave

Last edited:
On topic though, I contacted the seller to see if they'd part out the set (as I really just needed the wig.) and they were fairly rude in their response. It wasn't like I offered $10.00 for it or anything as I know the importance/value of the piece. I also understand wanting to sell everything at once, but I've sold quite a bit on eBay and I would think as a seller you'd want to entertain all offers and at least pretend to be polite to potential buyers.

I can see why he wouldn't want to part out the wig - most Nurse sets nowadays seem to be without the wig, but the wig is in high demand, so a lot of the value in selling a Nurse set is with the wig. Especially if it's missing other parts, which would've reduced the value even further.

But yes, there's no reason for him to be rude about it.

As it was, due to their reply, I opted just to buy from another seller. I got a decent deal with all the parts (including another TT and a Real BR head.) I'll take from the set what I need and sell off the rest of the pieces individually. Just my two cents, I rerail my derailing. :wave

Given how many pieces were missing, and given that you also got the real BR head, I'd say you got a far better deal, even if you ended up paying twice as much for it than the Ebayer was selling his for.

I agree, the final price was $190.00 including shipping, which considering the BR Head (like you said) and the extra True Type body made up for the extra money I spent. Overall I can't really complain, like I said I'll probably end up parting out the rest of the set anyway.

Back