NEED HELP: Where to get real hair head for DX Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am finally getting my DX joker (still undecided whether to get DX01 or DX11, I love the granade pose from DX01). I want a custom head with real hair for it (which makes DX01 a real contender!)

I found this:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321411151734&ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:US:1

Which looks really good but the price is ridiculous.

PLEASE HELP, where can I get such a head for a better price? Monster Killer Robot seems to have done it, but delivery problems and paint problems...

Anyone selling theirs?

BRJ head repainted and haired. Looks good, though I dont share everyone's obsession to put hair on every figure.

I dont know your price range but you should know Men's heads aren't cheap either. He sold his for $200 painted, $150 unpainted. And it could be more if you find someone that had theirs painted by someone else. That's if you can find someone selling that it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I am finally getting my DX joker (still undecided whether to get DX01 or DX11, I love the granade pose from DX01). I want a custom head with real hair for it (which makes DX01 a real contender!)

I found this:
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321411151734&ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:US:1

Which looks really good but the price is ridiculous.

PLEASE HELP, where can I get such a head for a better price? Monster Killer Robot seems to have done it, but delivery problems and paint problems...

Anyone selling theirs?

I can highly recommend Andy Hibbs on here. He can hair to however or what scene/look your going for. I have a joker and my dx13 done by him. You can also see his work on youtube and he has a thread here . Hope this helps.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-Real-Hair-work-for-my-collection-commissions

What Ecko said. Mohair is what MRM and most others use.

Oh, and just a suggestion, a thread like this is better suited for the commerce section. Just put up a WTB (Want to Buy) thread and include what youre looking for in the appropriate section. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Excellent responses so far. Maybe I should've posted in the commercial section. However, would I really be able to do this myself with some mohair? Is there a picture tutorial? What do you do with the plastic moulded hair? Maybe I should just contact this Andy, but $200 is still very steep for a head.

This would be the ultimate look for me:
DX01.jpg

Last edited:
Tibetan Lamb hide, mohair won't work. Too fine and fuzzy, but dyeing is a major arse ache. That is mine above, but I'm not doing anymore I'm afraid.

3_zps90ad91ed.jpg

8_zps1154c695.jpg
7_zps32c338b9.jpg
4_zps06fe53df.jpg
5_zps20fc6d6a.jpg
6_zpsa3e96c2e.jpg
10_zps691dd2fb.jpg

Last edited:
Also Iv haired a couple myself and they are a pain in the a$$ to do. Iv tried yak and mohair. Yak is very frizzy and mohair is fine and quite soft.
Not tried lamb hide so thanks for that Rory :)
If your not confident and want it to look great, id get it done properly or look for a head already done.

Heres hoping Rory does another run at some point as its right up there with the best jokers out there imo.

yea Jan's work is pretty expensive but at the same time you have to realize what a pain in the but it is to add hair to figure. it takes a bunch of time to get it all to work right and look proper in this scale. and time is money. I've haired a few figures in my day and will be soonish again and I'm dreading it due to how long it takes

Back