noticed something about the predator/avp movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are real life hunters losers because they dont go up to a lion, and try to stab it with a knife?

yes :lol

a hunter is basically a stalker and a murderer combined :lecture i dont now how human hunters can class hunting deer etc; as a sport. its the only type of sport where u know whos gonna win. it would be awesome if a man took on a deer in hand to hand, id pay to see that :rock.

yes :lol

a hunter is basically a stalker and a murderer combined :lecture i dont now how human hunters can class hunting deer etc; as a sport. its the only type of sport where u know whos gonna win. it would be awesome if a man took on a deer in hand to hand, id pay to see that :rock.

Thank you. Any human who isn't hunting for food is obviously hunting for the sake of killing something - which is morally suspect in itself - but he also has a ridiculous advantage when hes armed with a rifle. Whats to be admired there? And he doesn't have a bad-ass creature design for me to forgive him for.

And for the predators surely a smaller explosion would suffice to wipe out all traces of evidence? Or that blue stuff they mustn't have thought of at the time of Predator 1.

Thank you. Any human who isn't hunting for food is obviously hunting for the sake of killing something - which is morally suspect in itself -

Thats what a Predator is. A space murder. None of this...Yautja bull^^^^. They enjoy killing for fun. They're crazy ass space monsters. :naughty

Yeah and thats fair enough. But this whole notion of Predators having a Klingonesque sense of honour just doesn't entirely hold for me what with the sniping and the setting off huge bombs when they lose. Those things sort of cancel out the not killing pregnant women (P2), already dying people (AvP) or the unarmed (P1) for me.

Real life snipers aren't doing what they're doing either for honour or for fun - ultimately its a cowardly method of killing - its just that its necessary to carry out missions against an enemy, without losing ones own life and thereby being able to continue carrying out missions. Considering a predator is in it for the challenge you'd think he wouldn't choose such an unchallenging method for killing his prey.

I wouldnt kill a pregnate female deer...because theres nothing fun about it. They do have "honor" but not like that Yautja crap. Im sure they have rules.

In Predator (1987) he was a skilled experienced accomplished hunter. He didnt need all those gadgets. This was an honourable sportsman.

In Predator 2 (1990) he was a younger, less-disciplined hunter hence his use of weapons. This was also an excuse for the film makers to introduce new gadgets.

In AvP (2004) they were teenagers and on a rites of passage so needed the right tools esp for Aliens, their most deadly prey.

In AvP-R (2007) he was all alone and needed all the help he could get. He wasnt there for honour or the game, he was there to do a cleaning job.

Great way of putting it
Spot on :clap

I'm surprised HT has taken so long in getting a P1 fig on the market. The P2 Elder's armor was reused from the Jungle Hunter Pred in P1 (according to The Hunted website). Looks like all they really need to do was design the mask and head and repaint the existing body.

i think they want to get all the lesser characters out of the way first and keep the ultimate pred figure till last

if they make a Hawkins figure before the jungle hunter then that would be pushing it :lol

I'm surprised HT has taken so long in getting a P1 fig on the market. The P2 Elder's armor was reused from the Jungle Hunter Pred in P1 (according to The Hunted website). Looks like all they really need to do was design the mask and head and repaint the existing body.

don't listen to that website !. It follows the comic code !. :monkey1:rotfl:monkey2

In Predator (1987) he was a skilled experienced accomplished hunter. He didnt need all those gadgets. This was an honourable sportsman.

In Predator 2 (1990) he was a younger, less-disciplined hunter hence his use of weapons. This was also an excuse for the film makers to introduce new gadgets.

In AvP (2004) they were teenagers and on a rites of passage so needed the right tools esp for Aliens, their most deadly prey.

In AvP-R (2007) he was all alone and needed all the help he could get. He wasnt there for honour or the game, he was there to do a cleaning job.
great point, dude! WOLF was a bad ass!

Here's a novel idea...how about they make a movie where the Predator doesn't die? In AVP-R, Wolf didn't need to die. It's not like it would have screwed the movie up if he had killed the Predalien and left before the military nuked the place.

I think Wolf would have been a great character to follow into another movie.

Back