noticed something about the predator/avp movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunk_leprechaun

Super Freak
Reaction score
The first preds arsenal in p1 consisted of just a plasmacaster and wrist blades,
p2 onwards the new gadgets kept showing up.
Anyone wonder if the preds in the avp movies were over equipped?

just a random thought after chugging down a few pints of the good stuff:lol

The first preds arsenal in p1 consisted of just a plasmacaster and wrist blades,

I dont think their over equiped, just showing us what other weapons
they have and plus the introduction of new weapons makes it more exciting.

I wonder do the Predators have their version of Q. "Now pay attention, shoulder mounted plasma cannon controlled via wrist computer and aided by a lazer sight incorporated into your biomask. But whatever you do don't push this button - or it will trigger a small nuclear explosion" You're Joking. "I never joke about my work 00YAUTJA!!"

they needed more weapons to fight the audience's disappointment.

just you watch, the next movie will have predators flying around in big mech suits so they can appeal to the anime/transformers demographic.
________
Islam Forums

Last edited:
Maybe all the new weapons were just introduced to show that Aliens are tougher to fight than humans so they needed more tech and crap.

In Predator (1987) he was a skilled experienced accomplished hunter. He didnt need all those gadgets. This was an honourable sportsman.

In Predator 2 (1990) he was a younger, less-disciplined hunter hence his use of weapons. This was also an excuse for the film makers to introduce new gadgets.

In AvP (2004) they were teenagers and on a rites of passage so needed the right tools esp for Aliens, their most deadly prey.

In AvP-R (2007) he was all alone and needed all the help he could get. He wasnt there for honour or the game, he was there to do a cleaning job.

i was thinking that when ht made the p1, they wouldnt have many accessories to make, so it would be pretty disappointing if the first version doesn't include open mandibles and an open medical kit with the toys inside. i dont see what they could make for a second version other than battle damage..but knowing ht theyll squeeze every ^^^^ing dollar they can out of the character...

they might make first version with open mandibles or none, and a bd version with open mandibles and medi kit.:lol

In Predator (1987) he was a skilled experienced accomplished hunter. He didnt need all those gadgets. This was an honourable sportsman.

In Predator 2 (1990) he was a younger, less-disciplined hunter hence his use of weapons. This was also an excuse for the film makers to introduce new gadgets.

In AvP (2004) they were teenagers and on a rites of passage so needed the right tools esp for Aliens, their most deadly prey.

In AvP-R (2007) he was all alone and needed all the help he could get. He wasnt there for honour or the game, he was there to do a cleaning job.

good point. i think they chose their weapons according to their capabilities, and their prey. the Aliens were obviously more dangerous than humans. not only stronger and faster, but also because of their rapid reproduction rates and swarming techniques. the Pred from the first movie would easily be overwhelmed just using his wrist blades and Plasmacanon, so i'm certain he would've armed himself accordingly. remember...fight smart, not hard.

i was thinking that when ht made the p1, they wouldnt have many accessories to make, so it would be pretty disappointing if the first version doesn't include open mandibles and an open medical kit with the toys inside. i dont see what they could make for a second version other than battle damage..but knowing ht theyll squeeze every ^^^^ing dollar they can out of the character...

they might make first version with open mandibles or none, and a bd version with open mandibles and medi kit.:lol

Now this is just a guess but.....With the P1, Hot Toys will release their first "stealth version" Predator. An all clear figure with clear accessories. :rotfl How cool would that be!
I have to say I'm really looking forward to the P1's release. I would think that it would be next year sometime....it better be! We have all been more than patient waiting for it's release....

I think you might be over thinking it guys. I believe the Preds in Avs.P were "suped up" because Paul Anderson is a ****** and felt that the gauntlets needed to extend 6 times the length of the originals and that the shoulder cannon needed to be beefier. I am paraphrasing of course but this was based on a behind the scenes doc on the movie itself. People sure can s_it on AVP:R but the creature design/weaponry definitely is more in line and hark ens back to the OG Alien/Predator films which is a good thing.

I disagree. He was just a sniper. Whats honourable about killing from a distance while invisible and undetected? Whats honourable about setting off a nuclear blast when you get beaten and by doing so quite possibly killing the one that bettered you. Talk about sore loser. But I love him.

I wonder do the Predators have their version of Q. "Now pay attention, shoulder mounted plasma cannon controlled via wrist computer and aided by a lazer sight incorporated into your biomask. But whatever you do don't push this button - or it will trigger a small nuclear explosion" You're Joking. "I never joke about my work 00YAUTJA!!"

:rotfl I kill myself.

I've got the same fear about the P1. The guy's light on kit already, and would hate to see HT try and stretch him even further. IMHO, would love to see just one version with open mandibles, the med-kit, and a human skull trophy or two.

I've got the same fear about the P1. The guy's light on kit already, and would hate to see HT try and stretch him even further. IMHO, would love to see just one version with open mandibles, the med-kit, and a human skull trophy or two.

I think it will be pretty much like P2 Elder
Just hands and maybe some skulls...
Or a skinned body?? :rock

I think you might be over thinking it guys. I believe the Preds in Avs.P were "suped up" because Paul Anderson is a ****** and felt that the gauntlets needed to extend 6 times the length of the originals and that the shoulder cannon needed to be beefier. I am paraphrasing of course but this was based on a behind the scenes doc on the movie itself. People sure can s_it on AVP:R but the creature design/weaponry definitely is more in line and hark ens back to the OG Alien/Predator films which is a good thing.

Hardly. Since nothing the Predator had could effectivly kill Aliens. However, since the Aliens were stupid, he could.

Hate on PWSA all you want to, but the bigass blades made sense....(too bad he didnt use them in the way he should've..)

Big blades = farther away kills....which is good since the Aliens have acidic blood. Something the Strauses forgot to realize.

I disagree. He was just a sniper. Whats honourable about killing from a distance while invisible and undetected? Whats honourable about setting off a nuclear blast when you get beaten and by doing so quite possibly killing the one that bettered you. Talk about sore loser. But I love him.

Isn't that the code of a sniper? To do the job and never been seen? Plus he didn't have the luxery of being carted off after he died and knew that if he didn't erase all of his evidence, the humans would get their technology ala AVP:R. :D

Hardly. Since nothing the Predator had could effectivly kill Aliens. However, since the Aliens were stupid, he could.

Hate on PWSA all you want to, but the bigass blades made sense....(too bad he didnt use them in the way he should've..)

Big blades = farther away kills....which is good since the Aliens have acidic blood. Something the Strauses forgot to realize.

I agree 100%

Isn't that the code of a sniper? To do the job and never been seen? Plus he didn't have the luxery of being carted off after he died and knew that if he didn't erase all of his evidence, the humans would get their technology ala AVP:R. :D

You forgot that humans already had the Pred bio-helmet from P2, and his spear, and the spear tip shooty thingy, and his hand, and a piece of the gauntlet, and..... :rolleyes:

:rotfl I kill myself.

Are real life hunters losers because they dont go up to a lion, and try to stab it with a knife?

I agree 100%

You forgot that humans already had the Pred bio-helmet from P2, and his spear, and the spear tip shooty thingy, and his hand, and a piece of the gauntlet, and..... :rolleyes:

I thought we were talking about P1, so all that has yet to happen:D

Back