Not so popular 1/6 Aryton Senna

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this in the mail yesterday. It's from Takara and not very well known. Got it at a bargain too bad the box was dented by post.

I'm not sure what body Takara used but it's not their typical 1/6. It's something like Rubber Muscle + plastic body hybrid. The arm & legs are made of rubber muscle, the arm can only twist sideways and doesn't bend , just like your old starwars 3.75" figs. The legs are Barbie like with slight articulation on the knee and that is it, the feet doesn't have any articulations and are pure meat. The upper body is pretty bulky.

So that being said i immediately check whether it's compatible with other bodies, and yes the head even though has smaller connection has no problem retrofitting into hot toys bigger ball join with some hot water. I happen to have a HT Chris Taylor body and the skin color matches Senna's (90%). So i decided to go ahead with the swap. Good thing i had all the spare joints, hands & legs required procured last time. Would be pretty hard to source nowadays.

The racing suit seems abit big due to Takara's big sized upper bodies & arms but i doubt Senna is that bulky.

The figure comes with a pair of boots, a sticker sheet for the jacket neck & waist (not applied) and a spare white T-shirt with a cartoon print on it.

The racing jacket is pretty neat and comes with all the Shell, Goodyear, Honda, Tag Heur logos.

I have problem finding him a watch (Tag Heur???) so i gave him a wrist band to cover the hand joint.

The original look is kinda like in the 80's, now Senna has a more modern look. Too bad they didn't provide racing gloves & helmet.

Looks abit Mel Gibson.

p1060008resize.jpg

p1060008resizebw.jpg

p1060008resizegrey.jpg

I barely know him, other than his tragic demise, but man, did I love playing is Sega Genesis racing game when I was younger :lol

I think sports legends are a must. We've started getting b.ball players but we need actual sports ppl other than Americans and a handful of other ppl like - such as football (or if you're from the US Sock-ore) F1 racing, heck even Tennis legends in 1/6 would be pretty cool :)

How old is this figure? The tailoring and sculpt make it look like it came from the 90's. I couldn't find much on it, at least in English.

I think sports legends are a must. We've started getting b.ball players but we need actual sports ppl other than Americans and a handful of other ppl like - such as football (or if you're from the US Sock-ore) F1 racing, heck even Tennis legends in 1/6 would be pretty cool :)

I think licensing might be the main issue. With NBA, they only have to get one license (NBA). With Soccer, F1, etc. I think they'd have to get approval from all the sponsors where their logos are present.

It's 1998 Takara, you can try ebay i saw 2 or 3 there's 2 edition limited & normal i think limited comes with bigger box and a card.

You won't believe it if you saw the original body. Felt like 80's you can see it as the ancestor of rubber muscle bodies. The sculpt may not resemble senna but over quality is similar to Sideshow sculpts.

The jacket is pretty much oversized but the pants & boots are ok. The T-shirt print still very good.

Not sure if getting 1 NBA license you can get all players. If that was the case MJ would have been in every NBA games in the past before he retired. I think for individual figures they have to pay the players.

For those with many sponsors, i'm sure there's an agreement for the team to use the logos for other merchandise like Cards, Statues & figures. I mean that is the whole point of sponsorship right? To get maximum publicity. Maybe for expired sponsorship is different.

Overall after body swap not close to perfect but still good for display.

Not sure why they left out the Marboro logo and made turned it into Indonesia flag.

btw it wrote made in japan, not so common for it's time.

How old is this figure? The tailoring and sculpt make it look like it came from the 90's. I couldn't find much on it, at least in English.

I think licensing might be the main issue. With NBA, they only have to get one license (NBA). With Soccer, F1, etc. I think they'd have to get approval from all the sponsors where their logos are present.

Last edited:
Considering this figure came out a few years ago, it's not that bad... bummer that it doesn't come with helmet... I'd love to have a cool 1/6 Senna in full gear!

There's a few scaled helmets out there but mostly 1/8 or smaller scales...

Man that figure is just perfect for the water fix.

Ps: those who don't know the WF it was being tought for the Ezio figure. Basically you submerge the figure inc clothing in lukewarm water. As it dries you mold the clothes onto the body.

When dry the clothes look real instead of a bulky toy.

Back