Norman Bates 1/6 scale In Progress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drthomasholmes

Freakalicious
Reaction score
This is early on in the sculpt, but thought I'd show it to get opinions. It is being sculpted with the intention for making a resin kit of Bates sitting with the blanket at the end of the movie, however, if there is interest I could offer it as just a head to use for a custom figure. I would just need to sculpt the neck to fit a body. Well, what do you guys think of it?

Thanks for looking!

IMG_4128-1.jpg

This is early on in the sculpt, but thought I'd show it to get opinions. It is being sculpted with the intention for making a resin kit of Bates sitting with the blanket at the end of the movie, however, if there is interest I could offer it as just a head to use for a custom figure. I would just need to sculpt the neck to fit a body. Well, what do you guys think of it?

Thanks for looking!

IMG_4128-1.jpg

hey. id be interested if its painted and depending on price

Well, if I have a few interested people, I can finish it up in the next couple of weeks and cast a few as unpainted heads. How's $25 shipped in the U.S. for an unpainted head? Perhaps I'd even do then in flesh translucent resin for the same price? Are there 5 or 10 people that would be interested? If not, it'll end up sitting on the back-burner (like it unfortunately has been) because I am pretty busy with commission sculpts for resin kits.

That looks excellent! Just a thought, it looks like the pupil is sculpted in on this sculpt. If that's the case I'd suggest smoothing it back out, sculpted pupils and iris's tend to be a problem on 1/6 sculpts as they limit eye positioning and can detract from the realism of paint jobs.

But other than that the sculpt itself looks amazing!

Back