Non-Attendee Price Increase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is madeness, has anyone even complained about the increase? I just re-read this whole thread and didn't see a complaint. The closest would be Pjam, which to me didn't sound like a complaint and I don't think it was meant as such. And he said it wasn't so I think its only fair to assume that he knows what he means when he says it...

C'mon, it is 5 dollars, to some that may be alot to others it may be car change. Sideshow calls it processing fees, someone else calls it a convenience fee, I call it capitalism. Is there anyone on this board who is actually upset over this 5 dollar increase?

I don't think anyone is complaining, just commenting. ...it's like a Seinfeld episode - a lot of talk about nothing.

But that's what the board's for...

Darklord Dave said:
I don't think anyone is complaining, just commenting. ...it's like a Seinfeld episode - a lot of talk about nothing.

But that's what the board's for...

Exactly Dave. The $5 difference just seems to have post after post here and at RS. Really it's a non important issue IMO.

Agent0028 if $5 is a big deal to someone collecting these they probably shouldn't be collecting.

Agent0028 said:
This is madeness, has anyone even complained about the increase? I just re-read this whole thread and didn't see a complaint. The closest would be Pjam, which to me didn't sound like a complaint and I don't think it was meant as such. And he said it wasn't so I think its only fair to assume that he knows what he means when he says it...

C'mon, it is 5 dollars, to some that may be alot to others it may be car change. Sideshow calls it processing fees, someone else calls it a convenience fee, I call it capitalism. Is there anyone on this board who is actually upset over this 5 dollar increase?

Thank you!

And what a fun board it is to talk about nothing on too! I'm glad that it seems like maybe we can put aside the accusations of complaining.

And maybe someone who dickers at five dollars shouldn't be collecting, 5 dollars is a small price to pay. But looking at it from a philosophical point 5 dollars is a slippery slope. 5 dollar increase for sith ani, another 5 dollar increase for the next three years turns into a 20 dollar increase. But then nobody was upset over the 5 dollars so its rather a moot point.

jlcmsu said:
Exactly Dave. The $5 difference just seems to have post after post here and at RS. Really it's a non important issue IMO.

Agent0028 if $5 is a big deal to someone collecting these they probably shouldn't be collecting.

I don't think it's the ACTUAL $5.00 that he and others are "complaining" about...It's just the simple fact of asking "Why IS there a difference?", and as some may know, it's apparently for "processing".Or at least that's what I read on another thread...or maybe it was this one..:confused:

So all you people out there getting a "non-attendee" Anakin, can at least boast, yours came "with processing":D

jlcmsu said:
Again, No Attendee me included has whined about the money it costs us. I at least use it to say a $5 savings on a figure is more than justified. Not that if they wanted to charge the $5 more I couldn't handle it because I could.

Ah...RoboDad mentions the cost of travel accomdation, admission, ticket price etc. YOU yourself mention it on page 2 on this thread!. Tomandshell also mentions the price of going to SD..

Now, I know you will say...Yeah, but we are NOT complaining about it....Well, neither am I about the extra $5....I am just saying..someone asks, or says, why the difference?? And people jump all over them, saying "stop ya whinging" etc. "We are the ones who have to go to the convention, pay for accomodation, pay for parking, pay for tickets, wait in line...we deserve a break"..yaddda, yadda, yadda.

As Dave said on this thread ...It's all Talk about nothing.

I personally would love to go, and if I lived in the USA I definitely would, regardless of cost..(to some extent...), but I can't, so I am just happy that SS made this great "exclusive" available to others who are not as fortunate as some...I am HAPPY to pay $59.99US..for Anakin Sith Lord..and, I personally don't think an extra $5 does matter. End.

Last edited:
Agent, i think you should be thankful enough that it is only $5, not more. We, attendees have to pay an entrance fee of $50-$65 just to get in the con. I mean it does suck that there's a $5 difference and you also have to pay for shipping but hey, you got the figure didn't you?

Next year I'm going to go to SDCC just so I don't have to pay the $5.00 processing fee. That'll show Sideshow! :D

darth dyp**** said:
So all you people out there getting a "non-attendee" Anakin, can at least boast, yours came "with processing":D

Ahh...I see. So if I ever decide to sell mine on eBay (basically, a certain fiery place would have to freeze over into an Ice Age before that happened), I could claim the "with processing" is really the exclusive edition of an exclusive??!!?!? Yay!!!!! :rotfl

DD it's not that big of a deal. I mention it just to try and make my case that it's fair for the Attendee version to be cheaper. It really isn't any different than the regulars being one price and the exclusives being another like with the Strider 12" and others. It's a non factor really. I'm getting mine and NA are getting theirs and in the end that's all that matters.

Batty said:
Next year I'm going to go to SDCC just so I don't have to pay the $5.00 processing fee. That'll show Sideshow! :D

LOL :lol

muchado.jpg

Well first blah blah blah blah blah,and blah blah blah blah!!!Futhermore blah blah blah $5.00:confused: blah blah blah non-attendee blah blah...BLAH BLAH SS blah blah:monkey4 blah blah :banghead blah attendee!!:censored :crying blah blah......Besides blah blah blah:woo ......On the other hand blah blah blah, and blah :blissy ....and cant blah blah blah blah :grouphug blah blah blah blah:medic .....

you know what I mean??

student_toe5 said:
Agent, i think you should be thankful enough that it is only $5, not more. We, attendees have to pay an entrance fee of $50-$65 just to get in the con. I mean it does suck that there's a $5 difference and you also have to pay for shipping but hey, you got the figure didn't you?
Well I got it, but I'm thinking about cancelling it because I want the regular Anakin in 12" and I'm hoping the PF will have sith eyes. (I think they'll look much cooler in the PF). But I might keep it because him flanked by two 501st would be really cool as well and I can't afford to do that with the PF.

More importantly I wasn't complaining! I said very specifically in my first post in this thread I'm not complaining. Post #35 in this thread.

Agent0028 said:
I don't want this to be misconstrued as a complaint, I'm just calling it like I see it. Sideshow could charge a hundred dollars for the figured and I wouldn't complain...I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't complain.

In post #61 I said
Agent0028 said:
...has anyone even complained about the increase? (...) Is there anyone on this board who is actually upset over this 5 dollar increase?

Which would seem to me to indicate that I'm not complaining about the price or that I'm upset about the increase.

How many times do I have to say I don't care how much they charge or why they charge it? It's capitalism, if sideshow can charge it and people buy it, I say have at it. They could charge 50 extra dollars for the NA and call it a screw you fee, and I wouldn't care.

Back