Toywiz.com, AP collectibles, Amazon, eBay and Sidewhow experience

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesla619

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So i just started my Iron Man collection recently, I've only been buying for 3 weeks and have dropped some serious Coin.

I've made a list of dealers that i have worked with specifically and my expereance .

sideshowtoy.com

I would order from Sideshow directly BUT i'm in the same state as them so i get charged tax, I've only ordered 3 iron man figures from them ,1 came in the others are Q2 of 2016 release dates and the lowest cost even with tax compared to eBay, amazon and other sites, so i ordered a few from them.

apcollectibles.com

I did allot of searching and found them to have a good rep, my experience was they don't really email back in a day or 2 but when they do they answer all your questions, don't bother calling them as they are probably busy filling order's, so email it is. I ordered 1 figure from them that i could have gotten from SW directly or eBay and Amazon but it was the best price brand new+shipping.

Toywiz.com

They had there hits and misses but all my orders made with them are the pre orders, so shipped and final price is still cheaper then many sites, and there phone service is great.

ebay.com

I've bought 25% of my collection from eBay BUT i emailed the sellers first and indicated I am an adult collector and whats the best they would do, many responded back with "if we do this VIA Paypal invoice" so they don't get charged the eBay selling fees of 10-5% that they would drop the price.

Before you buy from a seller on ebay make sure they have a good rep NOW i have purchased from sellers that had 10000 feedbacks and and ones that had 11 feedback, as long as the pictures look legit t and you use Paypal then your fine BUT when you use paypal don't use the gift option to send money, not much protection that way from payapl, use the sending for good and PP will help you in case of no product or not as described, yes the receiver pays the fees but both of you are protected.

Amazon.com

They have great prices, funny thing is i use Google to search for a model, example Hot Toys Iron man Red Snapper...Amazon is not the first on the shopping list but when you search their site you'll see the model cheaper than anyone and free shipping, so on a side note use amazon but directly from there site and not a search engine.

sideshowcollectors.com

this site, i have gotten 60% of my figures this way and i'm very happy, the knowledge, cost and trust is great BUT some of the guys selling here were a bit higher than most retailers (because they only search eBay for prices for their models are worth and not other places) but in general they will work with you, again use PP not gift option and your safe.

I was fortunate to have met 3 of the buyers from this site that live in Southern California and the collectors in California are very meticulous, knowledgeable and have pristine models.

So yes there are other sites out there but i do my search here first, then eBay then a wide search and look for the best price, condition (if its an older model) and go from there, i take into fact of the way the site looks, the email responses from the company, Yelp, reviews, site layout and repeat all that before buy.

Back