Nominate your favorite statue/Premium Format for 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red Sonja is my pick. Her face may be a little dark, but in the right light shes a 10. My most anticipated is either Conan rage, or the PCS Goro!!

Red Sonja all the way!

2015 is power girl. Best pf of sdcc and not cause the obvious reasons.

Another vote for Wonder Woman Premium Format if she comes out this year.

I've only gotten 3 statues this year and out of those 3 I have to say it's the Comic Superman PF for me. So dang impressed with that thing it's makes all else fall way short

Kinda funny as up until today I would have said Supes for me too. It's an excellent statue. And, if you're a fan of the character from the Silver and Bronze age, it's pretty much an ideal representation of that. One of my favorite characters too- so what's not to love?

But I finally got the Allied Cap America set up today and I'm taken aback by just how much I like it. In a way, it's a direct opposite to Superman.
It's not the classic costume (though it's actually closer than not) and it's a more dynamic action pose where Supes is a conservative museum one.
It's amazing how much these two each seem to crystallize and embody the differences between DC and Marvel in the Silver Age.

At this point, I really find myself being swayed by the creativity, and level of execution, on display with Cap. It's not as 'pretty perfect' as the Superman, but it's taking more creative chances and winning at more of them than failing. And for that I have to give it some well earned bonus points.

It's a close race for sure. I'm just thankful I have both of them to enjoy.

Of the bigwigs from sideshow this year I obtained

Apocalypse EX - sold it. Was ultimately disappointed. Sloppy paint application, hollow cheap feel.

Red Skull EX - Flawless. I really have no issues with it. The cut an sew is great, the paint application is great.

Cap Allied assault PF EX - Very nice statue. Lacks the white star on the back. Minor nitpick on the sleeves being white and the stripes are dirty

Red Sonja EX - Mine came out almost flawless. Paint application is clean. It appears solid. Great base. Awesome EX. Great pose. Minor nitpick with the eyes. Should have been a bright green.

Harley Quinn EX - Great PF. Well painted. Cut and Sew while nice, would have looked much better fully sculpted to look more like Artgerm's art.

Batman PF EX - Minor nitpicks of poorly fitting costume, darkened face and chest symbol riding too low.

Superman PF EX - Great portrait reminiscent of Alex Ross. Poor engineering on the cape. So many people scuffed the necks of one of their heads attempting to put it on. No real issues aide from that.

So from that list, in terms of flawless execution, I need to give it to Red Skull. No mishaps. No nitpicks. Just perfectly executed even though he isn't my favorite character which lessens some of the impact. For wow factor, Red Sonja EX. I feel for Red Sonja the EX is a must.

What I haven't yet seen but is getting rave reviews and may very well change my mind

SSC Hellboy
SSC Gladiator Hulk
XM Studios Captain America
Resinworx Wolverine over ninjas. So sad I missed that. It is outstanding.
Gentle Giant Black Widow from Winter Soldier

Other pieces that may still come this year
Catwoman PF
King Hulk

Back