Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (BB/TDK/TDKR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait? There's an Ultimate collectors edition coming out tomorrow? What the heck, I must have been living on the moon. I thought the Blu-ray set last year was the one to get.

Are they having a bunch of new content?

Getting mine from Amazon as I have none of the Blu Rays yet.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Knight-Trilogy-Collectors/dp/B00DUCXFUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379964715&sr=8-1&keywords=the+dark+knight+trilogy+ultimate+collector%27s+edition[/ame]

Cillian Murphy in batsuit.

Grr7yxd.jpg

I know Nolan was pretty keen on having Cillian Murphy play Batman at one point, never realised he was actually screen tested in the suit though. Pretty interesting to see.

Cillian Murphy in batsuit.

Grr7yxd.jpg

**** Hot Wheels; this set should've been all about the films, and not cheap gimmicks. New transfers and more than 90 minutes of awesome stuff like this would've made it a must buy. This, though, is pretty much all it's got going for it (along with the Mondo prints by Jock).

It's in the background in a couple shots in TDK. I think it shows up in TDKR also.

I don't feel that counts. It's just "L" train system in the Chicago background. It doesn't have the multiple levels like the train system in BB. Yes you can say it's the same, but it just doesn't look anything like BB. :peace

I can't see murphy being Batman. Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite actors. I thought he was a perfect Crane though, and I wish I would have seen more of him.

I don't feel that counts. It's just "L" train system in the Chicago background. It doesn't have the multiple levels like the train system in BB. Yes you can say it's the same, but it just doesn't look anything like BB. :peace

From TDK:
loLjA.jpg

2hP1L.jpg

From TDKR:
r8vJy.jpg

Last edited:
From the "construction" chapter on the special feature disc:

The DA in Batman Begins was Harvey Dent in an early draft, but Nolan changed it because he didn’t think he was going to make a sequel, and he felt that a popular character like Dent deserved more. Nolan explained that if he knew he was making a sequel to The Dark Knight, Dent probably wouldn’t have died at the end. Nolan felt that focusing on the movie at hand, and not worrying about what could happen next, allowed him to tell the best story possible. Nolan wanted each movie to feel like a different genre. He described Batman Begins as a hero’s journey, an origin story. The Dark Knight was a crime epic, which allowed him to explore more of Gotham City. He called The Dark Knight Rises a disaster movie.

Also, from the "execution" chapter:
This section also touches on the fact that Christopher Nolan loves secrecy. Nolan explains that they’ve done a lot of things over the course of the three movies to keep things under wraps. The most extreme was the funeral scene from The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan knew that the tombstone couldn’t say “Bruce Wayne” so they put a fake name and then changed it with CGI later on. They went as far as having Christian Bale on set that day and shot the scene with him in it, which Nolan said really confused Michael Caine.

:lol

I'm sure Nolan isn't the only one who called TDKR a disaster movie either. :lol

Thanks for posting these new bits Sachiel, I really had no interest in buying the new collectors edition as it didn't seem that there was enough worthwhile extras, but those pictures and screen tests are pretty cool. I really like Anne's messy catwoman hair there with the proper little cat ears. And is interesting to see Bane with a slightly more comic style outfit with just the straps going up over his torso.

Last edited:
I can't see murphy being Batman. Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite actors. I thought he was a perfect Crane though, and I wish I would have seen more of him.

I agree, I really like Murphy as an actor but I couldn't picture him as Batman. So I was always curious about it since hearing Nolan was keen on using him. It's cool to see now he would have looked. I can imagine him having a more soft Batman voice like Keaton as opposed to Bale's growl. I know Nolan was also very keen on Jake Gyllenhaal and have always wondered how he'd look.

that is so weird Murphy looks like a kid playing dress up !! :cuckoo:

was going to pass this set up but it is becoming more and more appealing just for the screen tests alone !! hope they are there in there entirity to watch as seperate chapters on the bluray and not just edited in with dialogue over the top !!

Those shots of Bane are awesome.

Selina looks nice and "catwomanish" in that messy hairstyle, though I prefer the final screen version. In "straight" hair she looks sexy in a colder, mature way.

i was going to pass on this- have blu rays X2 of all the films...but got to have the bonus disc and the new packaging on the discs are cool..........

Back