Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (BB/TDK/TDKR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed! Without Nolan we'd have no Ragnarok, CW, etc.

Or the age of modern "heroes." Batman's destruction of public property, ineptitude, lack of concern for human life, surely inspired Snyder's DCEU and all the other heroes in the MCU that spend their time fixing the problems they themselves created to begin with. :chase

The miniature Tumbler

Nrm9YD0.jpg

wsJ2Ag1.jpg

It's 1/3 scale

I would love a 1/3 scale vehicle one day haha

A couple of things I wanted to jot down:

- If you notice, Alfred doesn't seem to age (maybe he secretly uses the Lazarus pit, LOL)
- I would've liked to have seen a bit more detective work from Batman.
- I wonder once Robin takes over for Batman, it'd continue a la Batman Beyond or I wonder if he'd adopt "Nightwing"
- I wanted to see a literal bloody and beaten Batman

Agreed on first two points, I don't think we've seen batman as the genius he is in the comics, although he does some detective work in the dark Knight with reconstructing the bullet. Nolan nailed the 'batman doesn't kill' philosophy though.
As to how Robin continues, it's a bit of a moot point as we'll never see what happens, was just a nice ending to round off the trilogy.
I just want to see a knightfall adaptation, it's my favourite batman story and Nolan couldn't show and blood or gore so did a PG-13 version

I would love a 1/3 scale vehicle one day haha

Agreed on first two points, I don't think we've seen batman as the genius he is in the comics, although he does some detective work in the dark Knight with reconstructing the bullet. Nolan nailed the 'batman doesn't kill' philosophy though.
As to how Robin continues, it's a bit of a moot point as we'll never see what happens, was just a nice ending to round off the trilogy.
I just want to see a knightfall adaptation, it's my favourite batman story and Nolan couldn't show and blood or gore so did a PG-13 version

Agree, the "no kill rule" was implemented well. I remember after watching TDKR for the first time I was left wanting more, but it definitely is a great ending.

As noted, I can't help but sensibly chuckle at this:

- Where were the other drugs going?!
- Where are they?!
- Where's the trigger?!

I do really like the first to in the trilogy and I like aspects of the third one. I still like to go back and watch them be cause to me they hold up well. The only thing is you see the limitations of the batsuit in fights because Bale can't really move in it. He has one punch and a block move and that's really it. Love the original suit though because he is an intimidating beast.

I do really like the first to in the trilogy and I like aspects of the third one. I still like to go back and watch them be cause to me they hold up well.

I absolutely believe that they will hold up for decades to come. The quality of the acting and practical stunts and cinematography throughout will most likely always make them feel like "current year" films.

I absolutely believe that they will hold up for decades to come. The quality of the acting and practical stunts and cinematography throughout will most likely always make them feel like "current year" films.

TDK for sure will hold up.. The only thing that hurts it is TDKR being its follow up. That and maybe his mask... His lips sure look goofy in that mask.

BB is about perfect also.. Suit is a bit dated and the ending is a bit goofy but its still fun and a great origin story.

TDKR just has too many issues. The biggest being the discovery that Bruce is Batman for like a year total and that the film never fulfills the promise of the end speech by Gordon in TDK. If only Ledger made some better choices.. We may have had the perfect superhero trilogy.

I decided to watch TDK in the spanish language dubbed version, as I'm fluent in it. I thought it is dubbed and translated well, and whoever does the voice of the Joker does a fantastic job, Batman's is nicely gruff.

That great speech he gives.. "
[FONT=&]he is the hero that gotham deserves, but not the hero gotham needs right now, so we'll hunt him, because he can take it, he's not the hero, he's are silent guardian, our watchful protecter, the dark knight"

[/FONT]
Who Runs and Hides for seven years... :(

How is that a promise ? :lol

Anyway, I dont want to rehash old discussions, but it was perfectly explained by the Dent act.

The film doesn't ignore it either from Gordon's perspective, when he tells Bruce that he left, in the hospital scene.

How is that a promise ? :lol

Anyway, I dont want to rehash old discussions, but it was perfectly explained by the Dent act.

The film doesn't ignore it either from Gordon's perspective, when he tells Bruce that he left, in the hospital scene.

Not a Promise in a literal sense from Gordon... A Promise that the film is making.

I would say that my expectations were a bit high.. Yes.. But after a speech like that.. What were we supposed to expect for the next film.. Sure it explained it away... But that don't make it good.

Batman going into hiding for 7 years creates the problem that the Nolan series will always have for me... Batman is Batman for about 4 months total maybe less :lol

Ledgers Death created this problem I believe.. But it is what it is. Two great films that ended up being slightly effected by a weak 3rd film.. IMO anyway.

Batman going into hiding for 7 years creates the problem that the Nolan series will always have for me... Batman is Batman for about 4 months total maybe less :lol

That’s part of the reason I prefer the Snyderverse version - Battfleck has been fighting crime for 20 years. Plenty of room for prequels.

Back