Noah

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys take the Bible literally?

150% yes

yes its my religon after all lol. Think what you want but i believe every word :)

Agreed...though its more than religion,but a personal relationship with God

Man, this thread is gonna go down the crapper faster than a turd on a super toilet. :slap

It doesn't have to go there

Interesting theory, I've never heard this before. Out of curiosity what's the basis of this? I was of the understanding that the Old Testament and New Testament were two completely different beasts. Is it a common belief that Christ was a part of the framework from the creation rather than the impetus for the New Testament being established?

Well,I don't believe it as a theory,I believe it as FACT...Aswell as the God of the Old Testament and New Testament is the same God.As It is written in the Scriptures

I believe Jesus Christ was God in Flesh..hence The Triune God (Trinity) God the Father,God the Son,God the Holy Spirit

Khev, I know a "savior" is referenced which obviously is Christ, but I thought all that talk was after Moses, no? I thought it went Adam & Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, the need for a new testament/coming of Christ? I guess I don't understand the creation of man with it's savior from day one vs. starting with salvation. I always read it as a work in progress/trial and error story with Christ being the alpha to the old testaments beta.

Yes!

They were the offspring from the union between Fallen Angels and Women.

Satan thought he could corrupt mankinds bloodline to prevent Jesus Christ (God in Flesh) from reaching the Cross of Calvary.

You cannot defeat the purposeful Will and Sovereignty of God :exactly:

Just curious where you get this from the text.

The account tells of angels that wanted to have relations with human women, but I've never seen anything to imply that they're purpose was to corrupt the bloodline to Christ. It makes sense that the Devil would encourage the perversion for that reason, but where in the text is that implied?

That's a tricky thing. I consider myself someone who "takes the Bible literally" but with the recognition that even then there were figures of speech. So on the one hand when it says there's giants I believe there were very large men but when a frightened spy runs back to camp and says he feels like a grasshopper compared to the men he saw I don't take that as the giants literally being in scale to humans as humans are to grasshoppers.

It was just a freaked out dude making a point. :D

:lecture

Interesting theory, I've never heard this before. Out of curiosity what's the basis of this? I was of the understanding that the Old Testament and New Testament were two completely different beasts. Is it a common belief that Christ was a part of the framework from the creation rather than the impetus for the New Testament being established?

The Mosaic law was all about pointing to the need for the Messiah. And there are many prophecies throughout the "Old Testament" that we're fulfilled in Christ.

Just curious where you get this from the text.

The account tells of angels that wanted to have relations with human women, but I've never seen anything to imply that they're purpose was to corrupt the bloodline to Christ. It makes sense that the Devil would encourage the perversion for that reason, but where in the text is that implied?

:lecture

It does not necessarily say in the text speaking,but it does talk about Noah being 'Perfect' in his generations.The word 'perfect' is tamine for without blemish,untainted...you then can come to the conclusion that it was Satan's attempt to thrwart Christ from reaching the cross by tainting mankind's bloodline through his group of fallen angels.If he could taint the bloodline,then he could of prevented Christ from redeeming his Elect at the Cross

Though,we also find that God only spared 8 (Noah and his family who were untainted blood) and started all over again...so it ovious it was a truely wicked time period before the flood

Even Jude 1:6-7 declares... "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

The Fallen Angels didn't just go after women,they went after ALL Flesh,even animals...(which is where your 'distorted' idea's Greek Mythology comes into play)

Man, this thread is gonna go down the crapper faster than a turd on a super toilet. :slap

Agreed. This thread's bound for lockdumb. :D

Only if people become disrespectful. But I do find it drifting away from what the thread is actually about; a movie starring Russell Crowe.

Personally, I'm an atheist, but I've always thought that everyone should be able to believe in what they want. I find it interesting.

The first part of the graphic Novel (that Aronofsky is involved with creating as well) came out late last year, but it's only in French I believe. I'm not sure why it hasn't been brought stateside, but it's believed to essentially be the storyboard for the film. I hope it gets a US release.

Only if people become disrespectful. But I do find it drifting away from what the thread is actually about; a movie starring Russell Crowe.

Personally, I'm an atheist, but I've always thought that everyone should be able to believe in what they want. I find it interesting.

:exactly:

And yet, we are always made out to be bad guys. :lol

:exactly:

And yet, we are always made out to be bad guys. :lol

Well, most of it starts when comments are made like "You believe in fairy tales? LOL"

When you ( not that you personally have ) call someone's faith a fairy tale and laugh and mock it then usually the converstation can only go on one path.

Teemu and I have both been involved in threads where we have been very respectful, called no names and just state what the Word says and what we believe and we have been mocked, attacked, laughed at and called names. Then people accuse us of being bigots and hate mongers when they are the only ones spewing hate because we accept and trust and believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Then the thread gets locked eventually and both sides are blamed even though it's usually one side slinging the rocks while we simply say what we believe.

That was Lot, not Noah.

How does a single family repopulate the earth? Read between the lines. :wink1: :lol

I can respect the Bible as being the foundation of our religion, but there are some staunch plotholes in the stories. And anybody who thinks Samson is a true story vs. a parable is.... well.... :lol.

The bible has been changed multiple times. We won't truly no the truth until we die. But for me I have a strong belief in god .

Khev, I know a "savior" is referenced which obviously is Christ, but I thought all that talk was after Moses, no?

The first believed reference to Christ the Savior was actually in Genesis 3:15 when God spoke to the serpent and declared that the "seed of the woman" would crush the serpent's head with the heel of His foot.

Further explained in the New Testament in Galatians 4:4: "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.."

In other words what was set in motion in Genesis had its time to play out until the incarnate arrival of Jesus. Just one example since you were asking for a reference that predated Moses.

I thought it went Adam & Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, the need for a new testament/coming of Christ? I guess I don't understand the creation of man with it's savior from day one vs. starting with salvation. I always read it as a work in progress/trial and error story with Christ being the alpha to the old testaments beta.

No it was actually Adam (and Eve's) fall that immediately called for the need of a Savior. Noah, Abraham, Moses, and everyone after simply pointed to, gave examples of, or prophesied the coming of Christ.

Last edited:
Interesting. So why wouldn't you just start with Christ and salvation? Why the need to allow everything up until Christ came and all the different failed covenants in between?

Interesting. So why wouldn't you just start with Christ and salvation? Why the need to allow everything up until Christ came and all the different failed covenants in between?

Are you asking why Jesus came in the flesh roughly 2000 years ago instead of right after Adam and Eve's sin? Good question. I certainly don't have that answer. I do know that God wanted to create billions and billions of us to dwell with Him for all eternity but also wanted us to have our own free will to either accept or reject Him. So apparently the exact time of Christ's birth/death/resurrection fit perfectly into His plan for everything to play out.

Are you asking why Jesus came in the flesh roughly 2000 years ago instead of right after Adam and Eve's sin? Good question. I certainly don't have that answer. I do know that God wanted to create billions and billions of us to dwell with Him for all eternity but also wanted us to have our own free will to either accept or reject Him. So apparently the exact time of Christ's birth/death/resurrection fit perfectly into His plan for everything to play out.

Sort of the question. Why not just start with the free will choice of salvation before creating Adam and Eve? If Christ was the answer from creation why did God make Covenants with Adam and Eve all the way to Moses? I always understood it as each covenant was necessary because the last had been broken and so a new one was needed which ended with Christ as the final and ultimately New Testament.

Back