No real high-end 12" Stormtrooper options in 2014?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None, but if Sideshow doesn't get their A into G, I could end up with a dozen or so of the 6"ers and be quite content. Especially when you can get maybe 3x the number of little dudes.

Maybe stealth troopers will be in the new movies, and Hot Toys does them!
sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_10.jpg

I've only been collecting for a year so i missed the Stormtrooper. It is my single most wanted figure. If Sideshow released it for pre-order i would get AT LEAST 2 and as many as 6. I love the Stormtrooper design more than any other Star Wars character, with only Boba Fett coming close. It is ridiculous they haven't done a 2.0 deluxe version to go with Vader yet.

New fans will eat these up. Army builders will eat these up. And they can do a repaint black trooper so it's not just a 1 figure release. They can do a new Han and Luke Stormtrooper out of it as well. It's a no brainer.

Why do poeple keep thinks Hot Tiys will do ANYTHING SW? They don't have a license to do so. They had to get rights from SS to do Luke.

Alright, this whole "HT does Star Wars" debate has driven me to a desperate act.

I'm sitting here right now at my keyboard with HT's Howard Chan AND Lucasfilm Rights Owner (partial) George Lucas. They tell me that Disney is dealing with the licensing in conjunction with the new trilogy and that they are "working on a deal" with Hasbro and the major sublicensors. Isn't that right guys?

Howard: Yes. Star Wars developing soon.

George: I could care less. It's these kinds of ******* fans that made me sell the whole thing off in the first place. Just point me in the direction of my check.

Howard: I like Star Wars.

George: Then stop with the crap Iron Man figures.

Howard: Darth Vader is Iron Man.

The above is true. To confirm, here's Flosi:

HT SW is dead.

Last edited:
I have both the RAH and SSC Stormtroopers and very happy with both. There is an easy fix to heighten the RAH stormtrooper using a pen shaft cut 1/4" attached to ankle to use as a lift. I have not done that or not sure if I will. Waiting till I buy our new house next year and build a display room and make some custom dioramas. Just my $0.02.

I want HT to make a Stormtrooper. Will that happen? Of course, but only when HT will not make any more Iron-man figures. When will that be? When gray and reptilian aliens take over the Earth.

I want HT to make a Stormtrooper. Will that happen? Of course, but only when HT will not make any more Iron-man figures. When will that be? When gray and reptilian aliens take over the Earth.

Soon then, they have been here since the 1950's. :yess:

Personally, I feel with Star Wars Rebels bring back OT Stormtroopers, that is when we will see SS release a deluxe.

I hope if we get new Stormtroopers that we get versions of Luke and Han in disguise as them too. Always one of my favorite parts of A New Hope.

We should see more SS Stormtroopers more like Deluxe troops because of the new Star Wars Rebels. SS did a lot of characters from the Clone Wars show so it seems like they would follow the trend. Maybe we will see all kinds of differently painted troops. Shadow, lava, special ops, sniper, sand, space, chef. It could happen.
https://youtu.be/Sv5iEK-IEzw

Back