No real high-end 12" Stormtrooper options in 2014?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those six inchers are coming though.
wfmd001.jpg
SH_Figuarts_Vader_Stormtrooper_04__scaled_600.jpg
FIG-KAI-6678.jpg

Attachments

• SH-Figuarts-Darth-Vader-and-Stormtroopers-3.jpg
    SH-Figuarts-Darth-Vader-and-Stormtroopers-3.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 355
I asked SS at their collector panel at SDCC if they'd stop with clonetroopers and do stormtroopers and they said yes. Stormies are coming!

Totally re-sculpted/re-tooled or a re-release...that is ze question. The stormtrooper helmet is amongst the most vulnerable sculpts in terms of the overall look suffering from bad/inaccurate proportions...there is no question about SSC quality, but they have a high bar set to beat my customized Marmits; I would love it but also hate it given the time and expense that went into my Marmits. But really I'd love it.

The look "neat" but totally out of scale, with each other and their own body proportions. What kind of anorexic wisp would it take to fit into that trooper armor?

The look "neat" but totally out of scale, with each other and their own body proportions. What kind of anorexic wisp would it take to fit into that trooper armor?

Given another look, I'll give you that, but it was the same with the wispy Medicom 1:6. Their armoured characters look a bit stylized/anime. All attenuated like.

I actually liked the Medis for what they were, until I built my first Marmit kit on a well-proportioned body. Mind was blown; Medis were sold.

And I don't mind the stylized products at all - I want a couple of those Herocross in fact.

I like them too, but I try to keep my collectibles down to just a few special items; otherwise my tastes run wide enough that I'd have too much stuff.

Totally re-sculpted/re-tooled or a re-release...that is ze question. The stormtrooper helmet is amongst the most vulnerable sculpts in terms of the overall look suffering from bad/inaccurate proportions...there is no question about SSC quality, but they have a high bar set to beat my customized Marmits; I would love it but also hate it given the time and expense that went into my Marmits. But really I'd love it.

Yeah, while I'd buy a straight re-issue, I hope SSC have a fresh go at the stormie.

Or at least the helmet - there is something definitely off about it, maybe the cheek tubes too big or something. The Marmit helmet looks perfect, but the sub-par painted details, lack of gloss and "build-a model" aspect of Marmits makes them not ideal by any stretch. And the good Marmit figs are not cheap.

SSC has subtly but noticeably missed nailing helmet sculpts on Vader, Fett and stormtroper and it's always a bit sad because the figures overall are incredibly well done. The paint on the Fett helmet is astonishing to see in-hand, but the shape/proportion is off.

An all-new or new-helmet stormie (as opposed to a straight re-issue) would also negate anyone's concerns about some "perfect" HT stormie in the next two years.

Why is it so hard to get an updated accurate version of stormtrooper and sandtrooper.....we want it now ;)

Hey, guys. Sorry to revive the thread. I have a question about the Marmit Trooper. Is $150-200 a decent price for an unopened one? What do they usually go for these days?

That's two prices :lol

$150 is very decent, $200 is about par. That's open - maybe MISB would push it up a bit, but personally I've never cared about MISB.

I bought my NIB Marmits (Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper) for $150ea last year. I wouldn't go up to 200 no matter the state of the box.

That's two prices :lol

$150 is very decent, $200 is about par. That's open - maybe MISB would push it up a bit, but personally I've never cared about MISB.

I bought my NIB Marmits (Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper) for $150ea last year. I wouldn't go up to 200 no matter the state of the box.

Thanks fellas. I may be picking one up soon then!

Back