No real high-end 12" Stormtrooper options in 2014?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If SS wants new collectors coming into this line they will have to re-visit older releases, Who wants a Star Wars Collection if you can't find any original Storm Troopers... or can't afford the Ebay prices...

Iron Man = license to print money = Hot Toys Iron Menz.

Stormtrooper = license to print money = Sideshow's single ordinary release.

No storm trooper in my collection makes me sad. I have noticed here in the Uk that quite a few are getting sold and prices have dropped^^ Is it a sign

Stormtroopers are very high priced online, one just sold for over $300. Hopefully we get a new stormtrooper at SDCC, that would make me very happy.

SS Alex was asked on SF if any new stormtroopers were on the way and she said this

"Well a newer Vader was released, so anything is possible. But I really do not know if a new version of the stormy report is on the way or not."

I wish they would lay off the clone releases and revisit the stormtrooper. I pray one day that Han and Luke stormtrooper will see a re-release at some point.

SS Alex was asked on SF if any new stormtroopers were on the way and she said this

"Well a newer Vader was released, so anything is possible. But I really do not know if a new version of the stormy report is on the way or not."

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

I wouldn't expect anything announced in the way of a Stormtrooper until next year sometime, maybe after the Rebels series has taken a foothold or quite possibly only after the new movie premieres. But I'm in regardless of when it's announced or ships.

Have they done any Return of the Jedi characters yet? If not then will probably get another shot at stormtroopers when they do..

Have they done any Return of the Jedi characters yet? If not then will probably get another shot at stormtroopers when they do..

It's been a while since Sideshow touched ROTJ. Beside the latest Vader, which is arguably a mixed ESB/ROTJ version, last "pure" ROTJ release was Gartogg (Gamorrean Guard) in 2011.

Yet, if Sideshow decided for a ROTJ Stormtrooper, i'm sure there would be some debate in the fans/collectors community as to why they would offer this version over the more iconic original helmet design.

The only "regular" Stormtrooper that should ever be produced is that from the original Star Wars movie. Anything else isn't authentic enough. ;)

I don't see why Sideshow just don't keep selling Stormtroopers, they'd sell a ton.

Agreed, they've banged out Clone troopers left and right, even making the CadBane one! It's time for more Stormtroopers.

The prices on the secondary market for Stormtroopers is insane, trying to get one at a decent price is almost impossible.

If they re-released them or updated them, they'd have no problems selling them. I know I'd buy quite a few of them.

Yeah, well guess what. I'm getting more and more interested in getting a couple Figmas, a couple Figuarts and a couple Blacks. If I do that I prolly won't need to look at Sideshows. I reckon they need to show these at SDCC, coz all of a sudden everyone else is making Star Wars now.

Yeah, well guess what. I'm getting more and more interested in getting a couple Figmas, a couple Figuarts and a couple Blacks. If I do that I prolly won't need to look at Sideshows. I reckon they need to show these at SDCC, coz all of a sudden everyone else is making Star Wars now.
Which of those are 12"?

Back