No New Sideshow INDY at Toy Fair Apparently

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the notion that Sideshow's INDY lines had all kinds of buzz that was just pissed away without having anything to do with KOTCS at all??

Has anyone just flat out asked SS directly what's going on with the Indy line? Are there going to be anymore figures after Toht?

Instead of jumping to conculsions and thinking the worst......Just ask them!

Someone asked specifically at Spook if Indy was dead. They said no, and that there'd be quite a few figures down the line with one that was missed in the recent 3 3/4 line that was done which was alluding to Toht. They even said there'd be some serious surprises for Indy fans starting with the figure that eventually became Toht.....the thing is nothing has materialized since which either means approval delays or that the figures that were coming are being rethought?

They fed the same line about LOTR until the last spook when they accidentally let the cat out of the bag.

I would think a line is dependant and reconsidered after each PO and after each delivery phase... checking cancellations against who keeps it. Thus, each line is evaluated and decided upon as to its continuance based on sales AND cancellations.

Indy is being looked at hard now with Belloq shipping. How many out of the 2,000 Belloqs will be left in their warehouse? That may very well decide its fate.

I would think a line is dependant and reconsidered after each PO and after each delivery phase... checking cancellations against who keeps it. Thus, each line is evaluated and decided upon as to its continuance based on sales AND cancellations.

Indy is being looked at hard now with Belloq shipping. How many out of the 2,000 Belloqs will be left in their warehouse? That may very well decide its fate.

If that be the case, it's also Sideshow's fault for allowing a figure like Belloq decide this line's fate.

:lecture

While I agree to a certain point with that statement I also think characters like Toht and Belloq are given "Collector Status" at SSC where they know only real Hardcore collectors will be after them...I don't think they have that much of an impact on the next figures coming out. With LOTR you have A-Listers like Frodo, Sam and Gandalf sitting rotting the shelves that sends a much more serious message to them than a few dozen Belloq IMHO.

They could at least finish off Raiders by giving us Marion and Sallah and not leave the line hanging in the air like they did with LotR. Indy feels lonely sitting on the shelf with no friends. I'm sure even Belloq would be happier if Marion was there :D

While I would tend to agree, I'm personally fine without an $80-$90 Marion on a female Buck body.

No Mola Ram, Sallah, Another Indy, Short Round, etc, however... makes me want to kick puppies into ATL rush hour traffic.

They could at least finish off Raiders by giving us Marion and Sallah and not leave the line hanging in the air like they did with LotR. Indy feels lonely sitting on the shelf with no friends. I'm sure even Belloq would be happier if Marion was there :D

I'm certainly hoping for Mola Ram and Shorty, but as for Raiders, Indy's got plenty of playmates available...

DSC03164.jpg

I'm certainly hoping for Mola Ram and Shorty, but as for Raiders, Indy's got plenty of playmates available...

DSC03164.jpg

This is why they don't have to do Dietrich as any of these guys could do for a stand in.
Mola Ram, Shorty, Sallah, Marion, Henry Sr. are must haves for me. But if they're about to drop the line I'd rather have them round off Raiders than start jumping around other films. Then I would feel the line was "complete" as in: it was only based on one film.

I am really sorry for all of you guys out there that will never see good 12 in action figures for Indy. I really liked seeing all of those pictures of these guys.

I had to cancel Belloq because I spent the money elsewhere but if they don't announce something past Toht by the time he his shipping, I'll cancel, get the Ark somewhere else on eBay or something and just enjoy my Indy.

I don't see Indy products from anyone so far. Maybe all that stuff from last year was too much too soon overboard.

For me, it is the opposite. Sideshow took over a year after the announcement to release Indy. The endless waiting killed the excitement. Same is happening for GI:Joe.

Back