No New Sideshow INDY at Toy Fair Apparently

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... be he won't always wait.

You're in denial, dude. Soon this once proud section of the forum will be all but dust, like Whedonville. :(

It ain't just a river in Egypt...:lol
But then, I've always been a glass half full type of guy-- I'll let others worry that it's half empty.

im not really bothered about any more Indy stuff at the moment due to the fact i need to finish my hot toys dark knight collection, my 1/6 Raiders indy is fine for now!

What is more confusing is during Spooktacular the SSC VIPs during chat swore up and down that not only was the Indy line not dead but we also had a ton of surprises coming, Toht was the first but then apparently the last? While they still may have some product coming the fact that they don't have a Toy Fair anything isn't a great sign. LOTR even has a preview and that license has been slowly puttering along.

Yeah, its not shaping up good for the INdy line. Which is really sad as it will be one less thing for me to look forward to.

That Belloq figure robbed the line of any excitement it might have had for all but the really hardcore Indy fans - I mean, I probably won't be buying it unless it shows up for next to nothing and I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to Indy. It should have been Mola Ram next, then Toht, then Jones snr, then Short Round then Map Room Indy then Belloq in ceremonial garb with screaming head then Marion with real hair. THAT would have been a line.

all that said, it's always possible they might say something during TF to the effect that 'nothing to show yet but the line's not dead'. Then we'll have to decide whether to believe them or not.

Well, Indy was my first 1/6 figure and I was really hoping this line would go for a little longer, at least to include Marion and Sallah. If they kill this line my sideshow collecting days will be over:(

It seems not too long ago we all would have had a hearty laugh if someone had suggested that multiple lines of Indiana Jones collectibles (eagerly hoped for and awaited for many long years) would quickly sputter and die with but a whimper.

I'm hoping against hope collectors will get a few more quality pieces, but it's looking very grim.

Even if the line is ending, which I really dont think it is, I am fine with it. All I really ever wanted was an Indy figure anyways. And maybe one villain, which I am picking up Toht. So overall I am satisfied with the line , where ever it goes from here.

Even if the line is ending, which I really dont think it is, I am fine with it. All I really ever wanted was an Indy figure anyways. And maybe one villain, which I am picking up Toht. So overall I am satisfied with the line , where ever it goes from here.

I almost agree with this, especially as I've got enough Indy figures to keep me in custom projects for a while. But I would still have liked a Mola Ram.

The more I think about it, the more it would seem like TOHT is a great figure to end the line on. Much like Gandalf.

Surprisingly, SS even got Toht's pinstripe shirt right (unlike Belloq)... so perhaps he's the "going out with a bang" figure.

Well....I hope the line goes on for a while, even if it is real slow. Speed is not the issue for me, getting interesting characters is. Granted, there are not a lot of visually compelling characters to choose from in the Indy world...Mola Ram, Marion, Sallah, Henry Sr., Spalko and Mutt come to mind...and more Indy of course, but it's not the DC or Marvel world of visual pop or the endless supply of variety that SW could offer (which many would argue SS has barely scratched the surface of, despite countless releases)...so...

We've seen what happened to the promising LOTR line...stalled (without a major villain or female character in the collection) and at the slow pace that the three figures for the Indy line have been released/announced, it is discouraging.

I just wish Sideshow would offer up some info on where it goes from here...if anywhere...

What is more confusing is during Spooktacular the SSC VIPs during chat swore up and down that not only was the Indy line not dead but we also had a ton of surprises coming, Toht was the first but then apparently the last? While they still may have some product coming the fact that they don't have a Toy Fair anything isn't a great sign. LOTR even has a preview and that license has been slowly puttering along.

Are we sure we know what Tomorrow's "Exciting Announcement" is? I'm not saying it's gonna be Indy, but I'm not saying it's not. :p

Back