No more Star Wars this year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jason2885 said:
I personally think they all look great. Has anyone actually picked up a Hasbro figure and compared it to a Sideshow one lately.
I was just in a Target the other day and they had found 2 Obi-Wans and 2 Jawas from a wave a few years back. I looked at the Obi-Wan and I thought I cant believe I thought this actually looked like Obi-Wan two years ago. I am completely happy with them. The Jawas werent to bad even though they were plastic.

Man!!!! What TARGET were you at that had 12' figs from right after ATC? What were they in, blue boxs? I know what you mean though. I am keeping my Hasbro collection for now, if nothing more than sentimental value and some characters that have slim chance of getting produced, i.e Jar Jar (hey I know nobody likes him but he is still a part of SW and hasbro did a decent version), and characters that are quite aways away, i.e. Droids.

More and more though, I keep looking at what Sideshow and MR put out and I keep thinking I'm a chump for putting out tons of money for items that are inferior. I guess I'm paranoid that SW will eventually fade away, submitting itself to the next "big" thing and SW will hibernate for the next 10-15 years like it did before. All we heard after Ep3 was no new movies and the license would quiet down after the prequels were completed. I've been a fan and a collector of some type since its 1977 begininning. I was a tot but still getting SW toys and figures throught the Sears/Pennys Christmas catalogs, and sure I forgot about SW too for all those years but around my 17'th birthday and I got my own VCR (I think they said they were releasing the original trilogy one last time) and '96 when Hasbro announced they were bringing back 3 3/4 figs; it's easily been my biggest hobby.

I guess I'm what you would define as a marketing "sucker"! They dribble out a little here, they dribble out a little there. I keep buying it all because I think this is the best they can do while its still popular and fresh in eveybodys mind and eventually it will be off to something else. You would think that since the Special Editions/Prequels were supposedly so ill recieved by so many people that most folks would forget about it and move on. Now it seems to have evolved to a whole new level and while I've never claimed to be anything like a Trekkie, but I dare guess there's just as many fans, if not more than Star Trek, LOTR, MATRIX and whatever.

Me, I'm glad I get a few months break before Sideshow starts sending me a storm of confirmation e-mails. I don't buy 3 of everything, but man do need time to save for all the cool *#@$ coming out in the next year!!!

adambadadam said:
Man!!!! What TARGET were you at that had 12' figs from right after ATC? What were they in, blue boxs? I know what you mean though. I am keeping my Hasbro collection for now, if nothing more than sentimental value and some characters that have slim chance of getting produced, i.e Jar Jar (hey I know nobody likes him but he is still a part of SW and hasbro did a decent version), and characters that are quite aways away, i.e. Droids.

More and more though, I keep looking at what Sideshow and MR put out and I keep thinking I'm a chump for putting out tons of money for items that are inferior. I guess I'm paranoid that SW will eventually fade away, submitting itself to the next "big" thing and SW will hibernate for the next 10-15 years like it did before. All we heard after Ep3 was no new movies and the license would quiet down after the prequels were completed. I've been a fan and a collector of some type since its 1977 begininning. I was a tot but still getting SW toys and figures throught the Sears/Pennys Christmas catalogs, and sure I forgot about SW too for all those years but around my 17'th birthday and I got my own VCR (I think they said they were releasing the original trilogy one last time) and '96 when Hasbro announced they were bringing back 3 3/4 figs; it's easily been my biggest hobby.

I guess I'm what you would define as a marketing "sucker"! They dribble out a little here, they dribble out a little there. I keep buying it all because I think this is the best they can do while its still popular and fresh in eveybodys mind and eventually it will be off to something else. You would think that since the Special Editions/Prequels were supposedly so ill recieved by so many people that most folks would forget about it and move on. Now it seems to have evolved to a whole new level and while I've never claimed to be anything like a Trekkie, but I dare guess there's just as many fans, if not more than Star Trek, LOTR, MATRIX and whatever.

Me, I'm glad I get a few months break before Sideshow starts sending me a storm of confirmation e-mails. I don't buy 3 of everything, but man do need time to save for all the cool *#@$ coming out in the next year!!!

I am also a sucker for a lot of this stuff. I collect the Hasbro Star Wars, DST Star Trek line, and I used to collect the Toybiz LOTR line. I have gotten every PF and 12" so far from the Star Trek line and I have the LOTR 12" too.

Back