No love for legendary scale busts ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With light up, and I almost NEVER like light up, I thought this could have been cool. It's also my favorite Cyclops costume so it's a shame.

2h4lwmv.jpg

I feel like getting a bust is like being cheated. You only get the chest and head and thats it. I want the whole body to look at! I really liked the Emma Frost bust, but would really pay for it to have the complete body to go along with it.

I got my 1st 1:1 hCg dark knight bust for 379$ shipped. But still wanted to get LSB the thing. :'( i don't own any LSB but if there is i would buy the thing and green hulk LSB.

I own 5 LSBs.

I like my Spider-Woman, Mystique and Emma Frost busts, but I'll probably sell them, as they don't fit in my collection any more.

I really like my Daredevil bust (which is smaller than the others), but I'll probably sell it, too, as it doesn't fit in my collection any more, although I could still find a place for it.

There's no way I'm selling my Black Cat LSB, though. I couldn't care less if it doesn't fit in my collection. :love

If only SSC would release a similar Catwoman LSB...

I like them. Fit nicely in a Besta, even two to a shelf which is great when short on space.
I have P1 which I love. P2 nice but wasted oppertunity with very average paint.
Can't wait for the new IM.

If it was a 'what do you own' with the option to chose more than one I think they would come out better received. Lots of people buy them but probably prefer their PF or figures over them.

Love was there but SS killed the line with their inconsistent scale and styles, that couldn't match each piece in a series. They should have stuck with 1/2 scale as much as possible
:exactly:
SS had a lot to do with this line losing steam. From their character selection to inconsistent scales - my Daredevil looked like a shrimp next to Emma Frost.

I sold my Daredevil and I'm in the process of selling my Captain America - which I greatly enjoyed. Not ready to part with Emma just yet. :rotfl

:exactly:
SS had a lot to do with this line losing steam. From their character selection to inconsistent scales - my Daredevil looked like a shrimp next to Emma Frost.

I sold my Daredevil and I'm in the process of selling my Captain America - which I greatly enjoyed. Not ready to part with Emma just yet. :rotfl

Are these Marvel half scale busts selling well would you say? :dunno

Used to have a whole bunch of these, but in the end preferred getting 1/6 figures for dioramas and statues I like. Used to have; Marvel: Emma Frost, Bib Spidey, Carnage and LotR: Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir, Gandalf, Ringwraith, Twilight.
Got rid of them all (no regrets), although recently I finally acquired my Cave Troll LSB. I love that ugly beast, now serves as my collection doorguard.

Apart from a couple really good ones (Venom, Black Cat) I think the market really plummeted for these.

ohh I am waiting for my Captain America LSB, I didn't know before buying that the stripes are wrong :(

Are these Marvel half scale busts selling well would you say? :dunno

I think the biggest factors are the bust's individual merit and whether it's an EX. Daredevil (non-EX) I sold for retail cost. I made out okay because I purchased him for a little less than. Maybe it's value would've risen with the upcoming NetFlix show, but I wasn't going to wait that long.

Right now I'm selling Captain America EX and he's fetching top dollar. Maybe it's the movies that have doubled his value - or the fact that it's a VERY nice bust. I don't think the life-size bust coming out affected its resale value much.

Emma Frost EX is staying with me for now. :)

ohh I am waiting for my Captain America LSB, I didn't know before buying that the stripes are wrong :(

I honestly never gave the stripes a second thought. It's such an amazing bust with plenty of textures from the suit's scales to the leathery part of the mask with stitching, different shades of blue, etc. I thought SS was smart to basically copy its design and enlarge for the life-size bust.

Addendum: search online and you'll find that stripe placement is arbitrary to many artists. ;)

Last edited:
I know I've posted some of these before but I use LSBs as companion pieces for the 1/4 statues of my favorite characters.

I like to switch up my displays every few months, LSBs give me more options... but ALL of these pieces except the Bowens are in their boxes for now.

I think SS should try marketing LSBs as companions to PFs, Comiquettes, Dios, etc, and show pics of them all together in the galleries. No need for Ex and Reg, set 1 edition size between 300-1000, all get nameplates, either use it or don't, and they might sell better...?

Also they should watch where the torsos get cut off. Iron Man down there is a cool LSB but in full height, Tony without armor and Gambit are both 6'1", in armor Iron Man is taller, yet the LSB doesn't properly reflect that.

That said, I'd like Storm, Rogue, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Joker. And although they have no PF yet I'd like Nightcrawler, Prof. X and Two-Face. A Poison Ivy might also turn out well...

9283541654_0960e99439_n.jpg
11004263013_69e67ddc37_n.jpg
9522257390_580266fd30_n.jpg

7981811330_2a3af97e39_n.jpg
8434902888_368860f487_n.jpg
8434901980_88a3563a33_n.jpg
8433832679_f316149ee3.jpg

I know I've posted some of these before but I use LSBs as companion pieces for the 1/4 statues of my favorite characters.

I like to switch up my displays every few months, LSBs give me more options... but ALL of these pieces except the Bowens are in their boxes for now.

I think SS should try marketing LSBs as companions to PFs, Comiquettes, Dios, etc, and show pics of them all together in the galleries. No need for Ex and Reg, set 1 edition size between 300-1000, all get nameplates, either use it or don't, and they might sell better...?

Also they should watch where the torsos get cut off. Iron Man down there is a cool LSB but in full height, Tony without armor and Gambit are both 6'1", in armor Iron Man is taller, yet the LSB doesn't properly reflect that.

That said, I'd like Storm, Rogue, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Joker. And although they have no PF yet I'd like Nightcrawler, Prof. X and Two-Face. A Poison Ivy might also turn out well...

9283541654_0960e99439_n.jpg
11004263013_69e67ddc37_n.jpg
9522257390_580266fd30_n.jpg

7981811330_2a3af97e39_n.jpg
8434902888_368860f487_n.jpg
8434901980_88a3563a33_n.jpg
8433832679_f316149ee3.jpg

That looks quality mate .

Have they ever done a war machine lsb?

The LSB looks just right with the PF. The 1:1 bust look better solo as they are so large IMO.

Back