No love for legendary scale busts ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never been a big fan because of the lack of detail it seems to convey until the predator LSB came out which prompt me to order him. Then I sold him because my collection consisted of good ol' Marvel polystone only.Then I returned to not a fan mode until the galactus LSB was released. Then I realize the scale discrepancies of these LSB and remained a none fan. Until the next one...

I never been a big fan because of the lack of detail it seems to convey until the predator LSB came out which prompt me to order him. Then I sold him because my collection consisted of good ol' Marvel polystone only.Then I returned to not a fan mode until the galactus LSB was released. Then I realize the scale discrepancies of these LSB and remained a none fan. Until the next one...

I think a part of that is the subjects. Compared to a Predator there can't be as much detail because most Marvel characters are simpler in design anyway. There's only but so much detail you can give someone like Wolverine, he just doesn't have as much going on as far as sculpt, texture, finer details, etc.

That said, the paint on the 4 I have is top notch. I had maybe 2 SS statues before my 1st direct order, which was Rogue, and when I got the LSBs it was amazing to me that these smaller, seemingly more insignificant things were painted noticeably better than a 1/4 statue.

As for scale, they actually do seem in scale for proportion, but not height. It's like if you have 2 characters at 5'10", but one bust starts an inch below the chest and the other starts right at the bottom of the chest, they're proportionately in scale, but the busts are different heights.

That said, the paint on the 4 I have is top notch. I had maybe 2 SS statues before my 1st direct order, which was Rogue, and when I got the LSBs it was amazing to me that these smaller, seemingly more insignificant things were painted noticeably better than a 1/4 statue.

Well, peedi, technically they're not smaller than a 1/4 statue. It should actually be easier to paint a 1:2 face than it is a 1:4 face. :)

As for scale, they actually do seem in scale for proportion, but not height. It's like if you have 2 characters at 5'10", but one bust starts an inch below the chest and the other starts right at the bottom of the chest, they're proportionately in scale, but the busts are different heights.

No, the first few Marvel LSBs were definitely not in scale with those that came later. My four ladies do dwarf my Daredevil. :(

Well, peedi, technically they're not smaller than a 1/4 statue. It should actually be easier to paint a 1:2 face than it is a 1:4 face. :)

No, the first few Marvel LSBs were definitely not in scale with those that came later. My four ladies do dwarf my Daredevil. :(

True they are 1/2 scale, in that regard though I was looking at the fact they are shorter than PFs and aren't as high priority, but turn out very well compared to a format that gets greater priority, just from what I've seen.

And I did say before I only have 4, which is what I accounted for. Mine seem in scale proportion wise, like Gambit is taller than Iron Man because of where they started his torso, but he doesn't necessarily seem "bigger" than Iron Man. If the entire body was sculpted I could see IM in armor coming out taller in the end, keeping in scale and proportions, but I can't account for what I don't have.

And I did say before I only have 4.

Fair enough. :) Rest assured, though, that even if my Daredevil had had more of his torso included, he would still look like a shrimp —to paraphrase Gomur :lol— next to my ladies.

Back