No love for Eowyn?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Am I the only one disapointed by the lack of collectibles of this character? Galadriel and Arwen have been done to death now, but Eowyn has only gotten the one Sideshow Weta statue with a bad case of man face.

Seriously I don't care if its a maquette or premium format at this point. She's just as popular as the other two and had more screentime than both despite only appearing in 2 of the 3 movies. Hurry up and make her! :lecture

Personal preference - I'd like to see the white dress/brown corset costume used for all the promotional pictures get made, as well as a redo of the armored version. A switch out portrait with and without the helmet would be epic! :pray:

Could be SS likes the lines of the female elves, flowing and graceful, fits into stereotypes about women. Most female statues are overtly sexual, the ME elves not so much. Eowyn falls into a middle ground (let alone the whole cross dressing thing).

Of all the characters that they still haven't done, she's at the bottom of my list actually.

I'm actually far more interested and flabblergasted at the lack of Faramir but I would most welcome a femine version of Eowyn.

I don't think any LOTR character besides Aragorn, Frodo and Gandalf "have been done to death." I'm still waiting on a complete Fellowship but that will never happen. But I agree with Ween, Eowyn is at the bottom for me. I would much rather have Faramir, Eomer, Denethor, Theoden, Grima, Nazgul and other characters before her.

My dream for both the maquette and Premium Format lines is that we get to see Eowyn and Arwen. I know we are getting Arwen in her hunting dress for the maquette line, but Arwen could be a premium format in one of her more lush gowns. She and Eowyn both have some velvet dresses that would be amazing in the PF range. Eowyn would also look great in her Dernhelm disguise in the maquette line, but I would hope that the face more accurately captures a Miranda Otto likeness (Read: Feminine) and the pose is a little more heroic. Especially with an alternate swappable portrait.

I know the PF line won't go on long enough to get Arwen or Eowyn, but it would be nice!

If SS makes an Eowyn statue especially in that white dress I'm game for getting her. Actually, I'll get one no matter what but thats my #1 choice.

Face it Josh, if they came out with a Barbie Eowyn where you get to dress her up in all her outfits (including the coronation gown), then I'm sure some of us would be thrilled. The key here is that we need someone to sculpt us a Miranda Otto likeness, no matter what format.

Hmm . . .I take that back, forget Barbie (thats so 70's). . .just let Yuli and Hot Toys handle it! Exclusive version with all her outfits! What say you!

I would prefer a statue but I like 1:6th figures as well. Though, I'm not into changing outfits and such.

If SS makes an Eowyn statue especially in that white dress I'm game for getting her. Actually, I'll get one no matter what but thats my #1 choice.

Are you talking about this one?

images

I prefer this one by a small margin. The corset adds that little bit more detail and variety in colour. Either one would be good though.

292px-Eowyn.jpg

I always loved that outfit:

500full.jpg

If Sideshow made a PF of that and got Trevor Grove to sculpt the portrait I would buy it.

Last edited:

I would definately get her, but there are so many other characters I'd rather see first. I'll get anything SS throws out there.

I would definately get her, but there are so many other characters I'd rather see first. I'll get anything SS throws out there.

I'm sure she will be down the road after some other characters but she is needed as well. She's only ever had the one statue.

I don't know if I'd want her in that white dress. With her blond hair and the white dress, she wouldn't stand out much from the Galadriel PF.

True if it was done as a PF but done in the statue line there will be a difference because of scale if nothing else.

Back