No LOTR announcements....You've forced me to do this Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess SS wasn't kidding when they said 2 - 3 LotR P.F.'s a year.

It's all good, I wasn't one of the ones who sold off their Sideshow Weta collection expecting to replace it with P.F.

If anything, I will buy the P.F. pieces to "compliment" my polystone collection.

:ring

Agent23 said:
I guess SS wasn't kidding when they said 2 - 3 LotR P.F.'s a year.

It's all good, I wasn't one of the ones who sold off their Sideshow Weta collection expecting to replace it with P.F.

If anything, I will buy the P.F. pieces to "compliment" my polystone collection.

I was just thinking about that, to just complete the fellowship will take a good 5 years. :monkey2 :google:

All Star Wars and no LOTR makes Jack a dull boy.

LOTRFan said:
I was just thinking about that, to just complete the fellowship will take a good 5 years. :monkey2 :google:

At this pace, I don't even see that happening in 5 years. I was thinking about getting the fellowship, but at this pace, I will be in my 30s before that happens. So I've decided to just wait for my Gandalf the Grey and Nazgul and that's it.

Agent23 said:

Very well spoken!

If the PF announcements continue with this pace (we have so far not seen any real items, only announcements and maybe the occasional sample on display at cons), maybe the Polystone line will get more love again. :peace

congerking said:
I was thinking about getting the fellowship, but at this pace, I will be in my 30s before that happens...

Hey, being in your 30s is not such a bad thing! :D

All I want is the 12" fellowship and Faramir and everything else Ill be happy to get. I just want them to do 4-6 12" a year.

No kidding.. I'll be happy once they statr cranking the 12" out a bit.. Releasing one a year is too painfull!!!! :monkey2

I hate to say it, but I'll be surprised if we see any more LOTR PF announcements this year. Perhaps one more 12" if you are really really really lucky. Sideshow did promise a slow pace.

Darth Rage said:
I hate to say it, but I'll be surprised if we see any more LOTR PF announcements this year. Perhaps one more 12" if you are really really really lucky. Sideshow did promise a slow pace.

I have a really bad feeling about the overall health of this line just becase LOTR is not really so popular anymore and it may not be profitable. Borimir and Legolas are STILL up for sale....

Vonhahn said:
I have a really bad feeling about the overall health of this line just becase LOTR is not really so popular anymore and it may not be profitable. Borimir and Legolas are STILL up for sale....

As soon as these start shipping that will change. Aragorn's outfit is by far more impressive than any SW figure that's even been announced yet. Not to mention the Legolas and Boromir sculpts are better than any SW sculpt.

SS just seems to be shooting themselves in the foot with the delays for Aragorn. But I'd rather have the figure be as close to perfect than rushed.

Yeah, I think if some more stuff gets announced and once the ones announced start shipping things will be ok.

As other's have said I think once things start shipping people will really start seeing this LOTR line and see how amazing the pieces are. As for the PFs, if I recall Sideshow said that there would only be about 2 to 3 announcements this year and since we've already had two then perhaps that will be it for the year. As for the 12-inch, wasn't there a post about announcements being really slow due to how intricute the 12" figures are?

What is this Star Wars thing that Khev and everyone mention every now and again?

Another announcement would be great, sometime this year, or this century............

Maybe they have not had time to announce, because...............

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard?

The hobbits. The hobbits. The hobbits. The hobbits.

To Isengard. To Isengard.

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!!

Mithrandier said:

The hobbits. The hobbits. The hobbits. The hobbits.

To Isengard. To Isengard.

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!!

ARGH!!!!!!

SolidLiquidFox said:
...or may be they are coloring Aragorn's hair and beard with a very dark shade of brown so it takes longer to make the next figure. :lol

They might be waiting for more brown paint to ship having used it all up on Obi-Wan and Anakin's hair. :rolleyes: :monkey1 :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
...or may be they are coloring Aragorn's hair and beard with a very dark shade of brown so it takes longer to make the next figure. :lol
If production Aragorn isn't a home run they might just need to throw in the towel with the LOTR 12 inch line. All it has going for it right now is the stunning quality. If they're going to make people wait this long for Obi-Wan's homeless cousin then the line might well be over before it begins. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Back