No Brown shipping box ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Why some people do this ? When they get a Statue from SideShow they throw away the shipping box (Brown)?

If you can save the colored/art work box why not the shipping one ? If you can save the one you can save them both.

I lost so many good deals because people don't think,and I don't want my statue shipped across the country with the colored box wrapped up.:banghead

It all depends on the individual. There are instances where people have no control over this issue. I have quite a few pieces missing brown shippers and it's not my doing. My LCS throws away the brown shippers since they would take up too much space in the backroom.

Unless it has art on it like the Darkman box, I will usually get rid of the shipper box. It makes box storage easier and more attractive.

First and foremost, I don't think anyone with common sense would send an expensive statue with just the art box taped up. If they do then that's just irresponsible. Second, I would image that when someone gets a new statue for a personal collection and not explicitly to sell, they would toss the box not thinking that they might need to sell it down the line.

I toss my brown boxes or use them to ship something else. I sure as hell don't want to keep them around longer than I need to.

I myself rented a storage space for my boxes and other stuff.I don't buy with intent to sell later.But I like to protect the statue,what if I have to move again or something.

I do keep the brown boxes for my Poly items, but I never keep any of the 12" brown shippers. And if I do, its just to use to either ship things in them or use them as storage boxes.

I never understand some people's fascination with brown shippers. I think unless you're a flippin fjipper, they take up unnecessary space and look crap

I buy most of my Sideshow stuff direct, but a lot of the stuff that I have purchased from retailers doesn't come in the original shipping carton. Some smaller things go out to retailers in cases of two, four or six, and there are no individual custom shipping boxes to begin with.

But that being said, I flatten all of my Sideshow shipping boxes and store them in the attic.

pretty much every brown shipper is just a little larger than the color box that Ive received.
I dont understand why anybody would throw it away either. it barely takes up more space than the color box.

i always keep my shiiping boxes simply because they protect the coloured boxes inside. if or when you do decide to sell your gear further down the road you will get more money if your coloured boxes are in immaculate condition. simples!!

i'm a picky buyer and it's adds to the value having the shipper.

if a Brown Shipper is included, the seller is probably as psychotic as i am over the statues, meaning they're most likely in good shape and have not been abused...GOOD PEACE OF MIND.

It isn't hard for me to see the value in keeping the shipper; it protects the art box which normally is something very much worth doing, and if for whatever reason I do need to sell/trade the item later on, I know I already have the shipping materials I need. Plus as was mentioned, they are usually such a tight fit to the art box they hardly take up any extra space.

I also keep the regular SS boxes too though, they always come in handy.

Back