No Brown shipping box ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're buying second-hand to save money, then you have to deal with owners with differing sensibilities on how they manage their box clutter. If it's of that much concern, buy direct or from a dealer.

I keep mine. If I ever need to sell my statues, I think its common courtesy to ship the colored boxes in their original brown shipper. Plus it protects the colored boxes.

I say if you are that desperate for space, perhaps you should be saving up for a bigger home instead of buying statues....

I keep them, but its not like you can't find another box (or have one made) if you had to ship it. So, for some its probably easier not to worry about keeping the extra box... especially if they don't intend to ever resell.

Also, really don't think the brown shipper effects the value on things; at least not that I've heard.

i save them up for a bonfire & sit a drink beer and stare into the flames never regretting or losing a minute of sleep...........:duff

_40992770_tim_moody.jpg

I like to think that it is an extra barrier against those annoying pests that can occupy and destroy your cardboard products once you put them in storage.

By resealing the freight box you are able to limit the damage to that all important coloured product packaging, nothing sadder than removing that valuable addition to your item from the dark depths of your storage room and find it full of vermon droppings and chewed up corners.

Piece of mind that's what those brown boxes give me.

Only my boxes that have the brown shipper boxes go in the garage. Mice, ugh.

Looks like it comes down to a buyer putting a price on getting an item in the same condition as the origional person who purchased it..

It's all about getting a complete item..

If you can save the outer box ..it just adds to the resale price... but if you don't give a rats arse ... well then......:lol

Looks like it comes down to a buyer putting a price on getting an item in the same condition as the origional person who purchased it..

It's all about getting a complete item..

If you can save the outer box ..it just adds to the resale price... but if you don't give a rats arse ... well then......:lol

From items I have sold, the brown box hasnt mattered at all with the amount of money I get for the piece. Unless it has a cool artwork box, I will prolly throw away both boxes, but I usually keep as many as I can before I run out of room. I have never seen the big deal about brown shippers when you can go to a box store and get another one. Would you rather everyone know what your getting in the mail anyways? I still hate the fact that SS prints whats contained in the box, its hard enough to trust people these days

So far I've kept my PF boxes but that's it. My 12" shippers I ???? can. Some of the 12" figures come double boxed so there's no way I'm keeping the art box and two other cardboard boxes too.

I rarely see an eBay auction, other that maybe a PF, that states it will come in the original shipper.

Now someone sending a figure in just the art box and wrapping it in paper or something would tick me off! I've heard that happens alot overseas.

Why some people do this ? When they get a Statue from SideShow they throw away the shipping box (Brown)?

If you can save the colored/art work box why not the shipping one ? If you can save the one you can save them both.

I lost so many good deals because people don't think,and I don't want my statue shipped across the country with the colored box wrapped up.:banghead

There's no way I would like that either! There are plenty of boxes in the world to put a figure or statue in to protect the art box. You wouldn't need the original shipper to do that. Why anyone would ship something like that without putting it in another box is beyond me!

From items I have sold, the brown box hasnt mattered at all with the amount of money I get for the piece. Unless it has a cool artwork box, I will prolly throw away both boxes, but I usually keep as many as I can before I run out of room. I have never seen the big deal about brown shippers when you can go to a box store and get another one. Would you rather everyone know what your getting in the mail anyways? I still hate the fact that SS prints whats contained in the box, its hard enough to trust people these days

I know where you're comming from and personally I don't care about the "shipper" ... but I've seen certian people go ape shat about having everything there..shipper and all. :dunno

for some it's a must have.. so if you're looking at the resale value, I recommend the shipper is also included..

I like to think that it is an extra barrier against those annoying pests that can occupy and destroy your cardboard products once you put them in storage.

By resealing the freight box you are able to limit the damage to that all important coloured product packaging, nothing sadder than removing that valuable addition to your item from the dark depths of your storage room and find it full of vermon droppings and chewed up corners.

Piece of mind that's what those brown boxes give me.

You get peace of mind from that? You do know they can chew through two layers of boxes to get to that nice warm styrofoam underneath don't you?

this is why i like flipping things. less clutter. :lecture

Back