No Blade Runner figures for its 25th??!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Darkman is viable as a 1/6 license, Blade Runner definitely is! I wouldn't mind if SS or HT picked up the Matrix license too.

I'm sure that the Darkman license was DIRT CHEAP. :rolleyes:

But I don't think of Darkman as having a line fo 12"ers... who else is there to make? :confused:

I know... Bruce Campbell as the final Shemp!!! :chew:chew:chew

Hot toys and Sideshow Can pull this off. Come On, we need BladeRunner Figs!!:chew:chew:chew

Here's your new business plan, Sideshow

After seeing the awful interpretation of Ripley, I am kind of disappointed that HT is the first brand mentioned.

What happened to all the really good sculptors from the bygone age of resin??

Yulli would probably be doing the sculpts now. I think Ripley was prior to Yulli's start at Hot Toys. Ripley also came out prior to JC Hong's taking over the paint apps at Hot Toys, and you can see in the repainted Ripley that comes with the Power Loader what a difference he's made. Yulli hasn't missed a likeness yet, IMO. Have a look at her Brandon Routh compared to the first one, or her Marlon Brando as Jor-El, or Appleseed Deunan, which melds anime with the elegance of Hiroki Hayashi.

Hiring Yulli, JC Hong, and the clothing team at Ha-Rue has elevated Hot Toys to the front ranks of figure makers. Everything they're coming out with now is stunning.

If Sideshow could find a true master paint designer/controller over in China, they could do the same thing. They've got their young sculpting wunderkind right here in Trevolver, and they're working with Hot Toys to develop a new body. Turn Greg Mowry loose to work his PF magic on the 1:6 clothing line. Hire Les Walker to go over to China and teach his painting techniques. After all, a couple of years ago, JC was doing exactly what Les is doing now.

That'll leave only one thing: go public so I can buy stock in Sideshow.
:D

I have wanted figures from this movie since I saw it in it's original run in theaters. I've waited this long, I can hold out until someone commits to doing it right, and going fairly deep into the variety of characters. The imported figures are a little steep for my budget as I'm commited to quite a few customs, so I'ld rather not see Hot Toys take this on. I hope SS stays away as well. I'm not as impressed as others with the Indy sculpt. I have given up hope that SS can ever produce a Harrison Ford sculpt to my liking. Someday I hope to have Blade Runner characters custom made as it may be the only way I ever get what I want.

True! Now if we can just get them to do it!

Can you imagine the assecories Hot Toys would make for these figures? I would even take a Rachel figure with an artificial owl, or a Zhora with an artificial snake. Pris with interchangeable heads, one regular and one with "doll" makeup. Leon with frozen eyes, Roy with a dove and "Questions."

With what Hot Toys has done with Resident Evil I would have high hopes for a Blade Runner line.
If they can't get the license for Blade Runner, why not Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and just use the likeness of the actors for the figures?
This suggestion sounds like wishful thinking, but damn it this is a license that has high potential and the fans want these figures.

Can you imagine the assecories Hot Toys would make for these figures? I would even take a Rachel figure with an artificial owl, or a Zhora with an artificial snake. Pris with interchangeable heads, one regular and one with "doll" makeup. Leon with frozen eyes, Roy with a dove and "Questions."

Deckard would come with a Voight-Kampff machine. Sebastian with some of his "toys". Gaff with his Spinner headgear.

It makes me sad that we probably won't see them.

I will of course buy any BR figures that get produced, but I have to admit my dream is just for amazingly accurate & realistic Premium Format versions of Roy & Deckard from SS.

I'm easy to please & that would make me happy.

Blade Runner would be a no-brainer for me, but I'm not sure the market is there for anything other than Deckard and Batty.

Blade Runner would be a no-brainer for me, but I'm not sure the market is there for anything other than Deckard and Batty.

But who would have thought that just a couple of years ago people would want a bunch of Marines from Aliens?

I think that the costuming and design that went into each character would make them desirable. I also think that 25 years of waiting has a lot of people wanting a full line.

I could be biased. :D

I'd love to get a Deckard, Batty, Priss, and one people are forgetting - Rachel.

Those four done as Premium Format Figures are what I'd want, but I can see
the attraction for most people to want 12" figures of them as well.

JS

But who would have thought that just a couple of years ago people would want a bunch of Marines from Aliens?

I think that the costuming and design that went into each character would make them desirable. I also think that 25 years of waiting has a lot of people wanting a full line.

I could be biased. :D

The closest coralation to another series in my opinion would be the Colonial Marines from Aliens. If they made Deckard, Batty, Pris, Leon, Zhora, Gaff and Rachel in that level of quality then I think we will all be happy Andi's.

Blade Runner is about my favorite movie ever, so I would definitely be up for 12" figures. If Sideshow made them, I'd get the entire line (I don't care who it is, as long as it's well done). If Hot Toys or the like did it, I'm afraid I'd have to be more selective, given their price point and I'm also a little worried about the likenesses.

But in any case, bring 'em on! I think there's a surprisingly large market for these.

Actually, I think HT's likeness is better than SST's when they have the rights.
I mean, looking at their POTC line it seems to me they have excellent sculpts. And there is no question in my mind as to which of the two make better clothing and accesories.

Actually, I think HT's likeness is better than SST's when they have the rights.
I mean, looking at their POTC line it seems to me they have excellent sculpts. And there is no question in my mind as to which of the two make better clothing and accesories.

Ripley is dead-on if you paint her hair black. Have you not seen the prototype?

But I agree that HT's record on likenesses is patchy. SS is better in that regard.

Not even the dark hair makes the likeness dead on...it can't. The sculpt looks more like Michael Dunn than Sigorney Weaver. There have been several sculpts that were much more accurate in the past.

So far; the dead on likenesses I have seen from Sideshow that made it to production were:

William B. Davis
Mat Falls
Freddy Krueger

Few females yet, but one SMG was close as was Honor Blackman and Elsa Lancaster.

Back