No Blade Runner figures for its 25th??!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masao

Super Freak
Reaction score
At SDCC, the possiblity of Blade Runner figures was shot down.

So, if fans were to finally get figures there are two basic questions:

Which company should make them (i.e. which bodies would be best)?

And

Which characters should be included?

The rights are said to be a nightmare. If someone was to get them, or do them, I would day Hot Toys.

I'd buy a Deckard, Batty and Pris.

I'm just happy I have the Android Hunter figure... he may not be the best figure ever. But he fits the bill. I have a feeling it'll be a long while (if ever) before we see high-end licensed figures :monkey2

I wouldn't rule out some sorta NECA-type figures down the road, but I'm not holdin' my breath for a sweet 1/6 James Hong as Hannibal Chew!

"I design your eyes, Tyrell designed your MIND!!!"

I can't imagine anyone but the hardest of hardcore Blade Runner fans wanting anything besides Deckard and Roy Batty. Maybe that's why companies aren't willing to deal with the licensing headaches.

If it did happen though, HT would be the best. They're pretty much the undisputed kings of 1/6 right now.

It's probably not going to happen with someone like SSC. I guess there is no available license.

I would love to see HT do them.

I can't imagine anyone but the hardest of hardcore Blade Runner fans wanting anything besides Deckard and Roy Batty. Maybe that's why companies aren't willing to deal with the licensing headaches.

If it did happen though, HT would be the best. They're pretty much the undisputed kings of 1/6 right now.

During Spook chat Heath said there's been a lot of interest at Sideshow to do BR figures. There's just no plans right now.

And I'm thinking if they're willing to make products for something like Darkman and The Fly, they wouldn't think twice about doing BR. Although I'm guessing the licenses for Darkman and The Fly movies were probably easy to get.

I agree that I would get Deckard, Batty & Pris. All three. Couldn't pass on Pris. And if HT made 'em...WOW is all I can say! :D

After seeing the awful interpretation of Ripley, I am kind of disappointed that HT is the first brand mentioned.

What happened to all the really good sculptors from the bygone age of resin??

Last edited:
It'd have to be HT and I'd get whatever they threw at us. But my must haves would be Deckard, Roy, Priss and I can't belive you guys wouldn't want Rachael as well. I still have my old Android Hunter and Anroid 001 but I'd love to see someone do these officially.
Actually J F Sebastian and a few of his little chums would be kinda cool!

After seeing the awful interpretation of Ripley, I am kind of disappointed that HT is the first brand mentioned.

Ripley is dead-on if you paint her hair black. Have you not seen the prototype?

But I agree that HT's record on likenesses is patchy. SS is better in that regard.

What happened to all the really good sculptors from the bygone age of resin??

I hear what you are saying, sometimes the paint is not dead on for Hot Toys. For me I would love a Deckard, Batty, Pris, Zhora, Leon and Gaff in the Hot Toys style. I think the odds are pretty high that they would get it right.

I hear what you are saying, sometimes the paint is not dead on for Hot Toys. For me I would love a Deckard, Batty, Pris, Zhora, Leon and Gaff in the Hot Toys style. I think the odds are pretty high that they would get it right.

True! Now if we can just get them to do it!

Back