No 'Avengers' For Ed Norton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought we needed a more pathetic Banner anyway...then again, I always use Ultimates Banner as my point of reference. You need someone you could feel bad for but still want to see the **** kicked out of

Huh. With the response from Norton's camp, it seems like his failure to be creative and collaborate is another word of saying--he wasn't willing to take less than Downey, Jr. or some such thing.

If it is about the money (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was), then I wouldn't blame Marvel. They are a business, and don't want to spend more than they think they have to to get a certain return on their investment. How much more money is bringing in Norton going to bring Marvel, in an ensemble picture? Certainly, replacing Downey would cost them, because people enjoy his performance as Stark so much. But the Hulk wasn't as memorable. Nor was Norton's performance.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Bana revise the role, if they aren't going with Norton.

And I should say that I'm a big Norton fan, and this news does bum me out, but I don't know that his being a part of the film would make a huge difference one way or the other. But I swear to God, if they put Adrian Brody in the role, I'm gonna throw something across the room.

Meh.....I dont care one f'n bit about BRUCE BANNER! He can suck a fat one. All I want to see it HULK. And hes CG so I could give a rat shat about who plays Banner.

GIVE ME MORE HULK!!!!!!!! At this point why even put Bruce kahkah Banner in the movie. Just give us more Hulk *********!

I love how everyone becomes an expert in casting once a piece of news like this hits the world.

Could the reason POSSIBLY be due to the numerous reports that Norton was notoriously difficult to work with and wanted "too much control" over a property that wasn't his?

Nah...couldn't be.

Regardless, the same fanboys that soiled their panties when Hugh Jackman was cast as Wolverine, were the same fanboys that bit their nails over Downey Jr. as Iron Man, are the same fanboys that cried over Ledger being cast as the Joker, are the same fanboys currently crying over Evans as Cap.

Let's wait and see what happens before breaking out the vagosil.

Doesnt make me sad in the least. Norton is a good actor...but he didnt bring anything to the Bruce Banner table IMO. Besides...how much is banner gonna be in the movie anyway....

Meh.....I dont care one f'n bit about BRUCE BANNER! He can suck a fat one. All I want to see it HULK. And hes CG so I could give a rat shat about who plays Banner.

GIVE ME MORE HULK!!!!!!!! At this point why even put Bruce kahkah Banner in the movie. Just give us more Hulk *********!

:lecture

Yeah, I can care less about who plays Banner. It's the Hulk I want to see.

As much as I like Norton in the Hulk, but things like this is something we can't do ____ about.

But its true that Hulk should have more screen time and if that happens, even if they cast Richard Simmons as Banner. I think we all be alright with this.:family

cast Indiana Jones as this guy and I betcha some peeps will be crying....

magnumpi.jpg

It is not surprising to hear that Norton is not playing the hulk. Based on the Hulk comiquette he does not have the hair for it.

meh doesnt matter, ed norton was an ok bruce banner...all we need is a great

HULK

agreed

marvel could get some skinny, pathetic scientist guy to play banner and could probably pay the actor far less money than what norton would be asking. i say take that money they would have given norton and make hulk cgi effects that much more awesome!

I liked Norton as well :( Too bad Marvel didn't trust in his portrayal of Bruce Banner..

Marvel movies are all messed up now, in terms of character continuity. It should not matter, but it's just bad on the eyes! :dunno

Back