Ninth Doctor custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatyaR

Freaked Out
Reaction score
A few of you may have seen the walkie-talkie set with a non-articulated 30cm Ninth Doctor figure. After seeing what others had done with him, I had to search one out and give it a try.

Nice sculpt, but the head shape was a little too round. Eccleston has a very distinctive head shape-plus, he wore his hair shaved pretty short for the role. First level of work on the figure, after re-bodying the head, was to shave the head and hairline down a bit.

The original skintone was a pretty ghastly yellowish ivory. After ruining the first attempt at repainting, I got through the second fairly smoothly.

Pretty happy with him, though if Ten is any indication I'll probably be fussing and fiddling at Nine for a couple of weeks yet. :p

Side-by-side comparison, which may be replaced if I can get a better shot of them.

I still need to find Nine some boots, and snag some tiny black buttons from somewhere so his coat will at least simulate being doublebreasted. Hope Lisa at TinyZippers has some to match.

Experimenting on* a certain blonde companion, and taking the first steps on Eleven. (tweed coat. Arrrgh.)

*OK, that didn't sound right....

Here's my version, I think your head came out better. I faded my jacket using leather cleaner and acrylics. It now has that faded look.

Thank you, all! :)

Tekkaman, when I look at yours I am reminded about who *should* be playing Sherlock Holmes. Just something in the lighting and pose really brings it out.
I haven't tried aging/fading anything yet. Anything I should keep in mind? I like how yours came out.
Who did you use for Rose?

Thank you, all! :)

Tekkaman, when I look at yours I am reminded about who *should* be playing Sherlock Holmes. Just something in the lighting and pose really brings it out.
I haven't tried aging/fading anything yet. Anything I should keep in mind? I like how yours came out.
Who did you use for Rose?

BiilyB had a custom rose sculpt. I got it and painted it. Well with the aging, I started out with a black jacket the same color as rose's. I started with black paint and added brown slowly. Then I painted it on the jacket and rubbed it off. That left the color in the recesses of the jacket, the I slowly lightened the paint color by adding lighter brown to the paint and repeating the process till it faded.
Sherlock Holmes to me is either Jeremy Brett or Basil Rathbone.

BiilyB had a custom rose sculpt. I got it and painted it. Well with the aging, I started out with a black jacket the same color as rose's. I started with black paint and added brown slowly. Then I painted it on the jacket and rubbed it off. That left the color in the recesses of the jacket, the I slowly lightened the paint color by adding lighter brown to the paint and repeating the process till it faded.
Sherlock Holmes to me is either Jeremy Brett or Basil Rathbone.

Thanks for the tips! Don't know if I'll try it on this figure, but sometime I'll pick up a spare jacket and do some testing. I'm starting with the head from a Fantastic Four Jessica Alba as a base for Rose-we'll see how that goes.

And yes, Jeremy Brett is the best I've seen. Plus, his Watson managed to escape being played as a doofus.:rolleyes: (Don't get me started on the previews for the new version....)

Still do think Eccleston has the look and the attitude, and hope he'll get to take the role someday.

Back