Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nintendo NY store giving these.
22730440_554206751578212_6653969810052024397_n.jpg

No shock when it's Mario and Zelda. The flipside is, we may not get another game from either primary franchise until the next console is released.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You never know. Technically BOTW was a WiiU game that got a Switch port like how Twilight Princess was a Gamecube game and got a Wii port and eventually got Skyward Sword. The Wii got two Super Mario Galaxy games plus New Super Mario Bros. also.

It depends on how well the Switch maintains it's sales. If it's anything like the 3DS it'll go for years and it will get plenty 1st tier games. That's why you haven't seen a truly updated 3DS yet, because the install base is so large that games sell really well on it.

It feels like they could merge the markets of the 3DS and the Switch...essentially making the Switch into the "new" 3DS. If they make a Pokemon for Switch it will likely make that jump.

I want Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Castlevania (Konami) games that are Switch exclusives before another Zelda and Mario game.

Mario Odyssey might be my new favorite 3D Mario. The Festival in New Donk was amazing.

I still have a lot of nostalgia for Sunshine though.

No shock when it's Mario and Zelda. The flipside is, we may not get another game from either primary franchise until the next console is released.

I think the director of Odyssey said in a recent interview that they haven't ruled out another 3D Mario on the Switch yet, but I could be mistaken.

I ordered a Switch along with Odyssey from EBGames this morning and it should arrive by next Tuesday at the latest. The wait is going to be agonizing!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

No clue about Mario but there will be another Switch Zelda. Breath of The Wild started life as a Wii U game and it shows. We need a Zelda that takes full advantage of the hardware, runs at least 1080p/30fps or a lower resolution at 60, and makes use of that good HD rumble. I'm hoping we'll see another open-world Zelda that's a lot more content-dense, potentially with a smaller world. They must have developed so many new in-house tools and practices to produce something so different; it would make no sense to throw all that design work out the window and drop open-world now.

Yeah, I'd like to see a smaller world in the next Zelda game. BOTW was huge. I prefer the Majora's Mask/OoT type of overworld, where it's small but filled with content.

Just came here to say Mario is an absolute joy. Just mastering the movement is so much fun in itself. IMO you get the most out of the game after running everything once, and then attempting to speedrun/reach new places in novel ways.

Back