Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two big problems I've heard is that their version of the "free games" like what PS and Xbox offer is that they give you an NES or SNES game but only for that month, you don't get to keep it after that month so essentially you get to rent a very old and cheap game for a month. The other thing I've heard is that there's no voice chat, rather you have to us a mobile app to do voice chat which just sounds absurd.
With stuff like that and then so few games that even use online services I can't see the value.

The two big problems I've heard is that their version of the "free games" like what PS and Xbox offer is that they give you an NES or SNES game but only for that month, you don't get to keep it after that month so essentially you get to rent a very old and cheap game for a month. The other thing I've heard is that there's no voice chat, rather you have to us a mobile app to do voice chat which just sounds absurd.
With stuff like that and then so few games that even use online services I can't see the value.

I'm gettin' it for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.

They haven't said anything to do with Online gaming for Mario Odyssey, and it seems like a waste of money to pay a fee for one game, especially since you could get pretty much the same thing in the old console for free.

They haven't said anything to do with Online gaming for Mario Odyssey, and it seems like a waste of money to pay a fee for one game, especially since you could get pretty much the same thing in the old console for free.

But it's a new game. And Zelda.

i pay for psn+ and the console has been collecting dust, so yeah... atleast i'll be waisting less money on the switch, so cheers on that :D

My brother-in-law texted me that Gamestops and Targets are canceling Pre-Orders because they oversold (Gamestop said no, but people are posting that their orders were canceled, Target has no comment) I'm a bit nervous since I got mine through Target.

Old news? Either way I'm excited.

My brother-in-law texted me that Gamestops and Targets are canceling Pre-Orders because they oversold (Gamestop said no, but people are posting that their orders were canceled, Target has no comment) I'm a bit nervous since I got mine through Target.

Old news? Either way I'm excited.
You're probably safe. In light of the recent Kotaku "Circle of life" article about GameStop, it's topical and "in" to talk about GS's mistakes. Overselling preorders happens all the time because of one or two careless Associates who weren't aware there was a preset limit on preorders. Basically, we had 8 to sell, 8 sold, and Jimmy forgets and sells 1 more. That 1 more has to be cancelled. The issue is rare and very small scale.

Don't put too much high hopes even if you are preorder. You probably will never get a system right at March 3rd. Every new consoles always have stock problem on release date.

Uuuugh making me nervous. I could totally see amazon saying we didn't get enough...but we'll give you a year of amazon prime. Dont be mad...uuuuugh. Lawd help me

I'd be very surprised if Amazon cancelled orders, physical stores often have a bad time correctly allocating orders but I've never known Amazon to have that issue.

I'd be very surprised if Amazon cancelled orders, physical stores often have a bad time correctly allocating orders but I've never known Amazon to have that issue.
Absolutely. The issues of allocation are a human error that simply does not occur when buying online. A computer runs the whole transaction. If they have 10 to sell and 11 people simultaneously order it, someone is getting declined immediately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I hope. I hope.

Absolutely. The issues of allocation are a human error that simply does not occur when buying online. A computer runs the whole transaction. If they have 10 to sell and 11 people simultaneously order it, someone is getting declined immediately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I've known of a few smaller retail stores that have released exclusives through their website and the system they were using (I think it's called big commerce) automatically oversold which resulted in a bunch if peoples orders getting cancelled. Maybe it was still human error in the sense that someone entered in available stock incorrectly but whoooo knows. Amazon is big and less likely to have this happen. So I hope I'm good...still nervous though :lol

Going entirely digital this time around

I wonder if definitive edition ports will appear on the Switch for already released titles such as Metal Gear Solid V, Resident Evil 7, Tomb Raider etc

The system is said to be as powerful as an Xbox One

Going entirely digital this time around

I wonder if definitive edition ports will appear on the Switch for already released titles such as Metal Gear Solid V, Resident Evil 7, Tomb Raider etc

The system is said to be as powerful as an Xbox One

It's only a little bit more powerful than the Wii U, since it's mobile it's sacrificing a lot of power for that mobility. Which is a big problem because it means that developers will have the same issue of having to do significant amounts of work to get multiplatform games running on it. For example, Skyrim is coming for it, but it's not the enhanced edition.

Back