Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of a good place to find all of the announced accessories? Looking for grip covers, but want to explore other things - like the Joy Con Charging Grips, etc. I went through Amazon and found a bunch, but many not licensed - but more importantly, want to wait to see what all there will be before I buy.

So about that...I PO'd one today. :lol

I've got problems.

I was at Gamestop, asked, and they had 3 left for PO. Guy said I could cancel if I changed my mind. After second thought, I figured if Nintendo pulls a Nintendo and doesn't release any more Pros for months and I do decide I want one, I'd be in trouble.

:lol Good Man!:hi5:

Does anyone know of a good place to find all of the announced accessories? Looking for grip covers, but want to explore other things - like the Joy Con Charging Grips, etc. I went through Amazon and found a bunch, but many not licensed - but more importantly, want to wait to see what all there will be before I buy.

Best Buy has almost all of them; I'd recommend buying from them. However, they don't have the pro controller up yet. Amazon had it, but it's sold out now.

I got to play it today. Didn't get too much time with the joycons actually. Most booths were using the pro controllers. TBH it felt pretty similar to the WiiU pro controller, a bit better, but not enough to justify the price bump imo. Didn't get a chance to use the grip at all, wish I could have. Only got to use it handheld for a minute or two it felt pretty solid, my only observation really was that everything felt a little bit smaller, compared to the pro controller. I played Mario Kart in tabletop mode, the joycons feel a little small but not too bad, the rails made the joycons feel a bit better and they're a must when it comes to mario kart because the bumpers are not comfortable to use without the rails.

I was able to get one of the last preorders for the Pro Controller at my local GameStop. Apparently they're "very limited", because why wouldn't they be. #ThanksNintendo

To be fair though, Gamestop says everything is very limited. When the Xbox One released I had the console from Amazon but I wanted to get Forza so I went over to Gamestop and they didn't have any extra and the guy was like "you won't be able to get it without a preorder"
So I went over to Best Buy and picked one up

To be fair though, Gamestop says everything is very limited. When the Xbox One released I had the console from Amazon but I wanted to get Forza so I went over to Gamestop and they didn't have any extra and the guy was like "you won't be able to get it without a preorder"
So I went over to Best Buy and picked one up
I know it's easy to think that people at GameStop are just some dark shadowy npc, but as someone who works there I can tell you 100% that you will have a hard time getting a Nintendo Console at release without a pre-order from GameStop. We recieve insanely low pre-order allocations, and even fewer systems to sell upon release. It's unreal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I believe it.

I'm just surprised that Nintendo does this. I find it hard to believe that they underestimate the hype like this.

I can't remember, but did the Wii U have this much hype?

I know the Wii did.

On a side note, I PO'd some accessories today along with Mario Kart 8. :lol

Got a screen protector (a must, before I even turn it on) and joy grip protectors. I passed on the case since the Zelda ME/SE comes with one.

And I'm ridiculously pumped for MK8 and using a wheel again. :rock

I believe it.

I'm just surprised that Nintendo does this. I find it hard to believe that they underestimate the hype like this.

I can't remember, but did the Wii U have this much hype?

I know the Wii did.
I wish it were just an underestimation. They send so few so that they sell out. News reports of sell outs boost Nintendo's stocks and company value.

I know it's easy to think that people at GameStop are just some dark shadowy npc, but as someone who works there I can tell you 100% that you will have a hard time getting a Nintendo Console at release without a pre-order from GameStop. We recieve insanely low pre-order allocations, and even fewer systems to sell upon release. It's unreal.

Consoles, sure, but controllers or the regular edition of the game should be able to find ok

Consoles, sure, but controllers or the regular edition of the game should be able to find ok
You would want to think, but Nintendo also limits our stock of those. My store was limited to 4 preorders of the Pro controller, and we have no idea how many we will recieve for release day sales

I like that the new steering wheel is sold with two per box. One for each joycon.

I'm sure some already heard, but Nintendo's online service will run approx. 20$-30$ annually....not bad, assuming we get something similar to XBox/Sony - and at half the cost. I'm definitely interested.

I heard it was just under $20 USD, but anything can still happen at this point.
I'm still not sold on it though. They need to offer better reasons for me to go online with a Nintendo console. A few killer apps and I'll consider it.

I've heard that the service will be a sort of monthly rental service like Xbox's games for gold

Back