Nintendo Punchout for WII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the Wii version is a little tougher than the SNES version. The NES version was VERY hard and the SNES version was TOO easy. Hopefully they will get something inbetween.

I hope the Wii version is a little tougher than the SNES version. The NES version was VERY hard and the SNES version was TOO easy. Hopefully they will get something inbetween.
I agree about the SNES, but I actually think the NES version was a good difficulty level. It was hard for me as a kid, but now I can beat Tyson every now and again. I don't think games should be so easy that you can beat the boss every time you play him (as most games seem to be nowadays).

I'm more concerned, however, with the sensitivity of the Wii-Mote, and how well the game plays generally. The boxing training on Wii Fit is ridiculously bad in this regard.

Wow, this brings back some memories. This will be a "must have" game for me.

I'm gonna have to get the virtual console version and get prepared...

punchout.jpg

I agree about the SNES, but I actually think the NES version was a good difficulty level. It was hard for me as a kid, but now I can beat Tyson every now and again. I don't think games should be so easy that you can beat the boss every time you play him (as most games seem to be nowadays).

I'm more concerned, however, with the sensitivity of the Wii-Mote, and how well the game plays generally. The boxing training on Wii Fit is ridiculously bad in this regard.

no worries....buy a controller for it to hook into the WII remote....the WII classic controller is great and plays like old school. problem solved

no worries....buy a controller for it to hook into the WII remote....the WII classic controller is great and plays like old school. problem solved
I've got Gamecube controllers, but it seems like the whole gimmick is to actually punch on Punch Out!!, so I would hope that it is up to snuff. Of course, it is a Nintendo-produced game, and when there is a big-time franchise, they usually step up to the plate and knock it out of the park. . .though we may have to sit through 6 delays, until it finally arrives 2 years after the first estimated release date.

But beyond that, who knows if you will be able to use the "classic" and Gamecube controllers at all?

I've got Gamecube controllers, but it seems like the whole gimmick is to actually punch on Punch Out!!, so I would hope that it is up to snuff. Of course, it is a Nintendo-produced game, and when there is a big-time franchise, they usually step up to the plate and knock it out of the park. . .though we may have to sit through 6 delays, until it finally arrives 2 years after the first estimated release date.

But beyond that, who knows if you will be able to use the "classic" and Gamecube controllers at all?

its very likely that the controller will be an option. The Gamecube controller is not compatible with the Wii.....I honestly dont feel like throwing my arms into the air playing this game unless I am really punching something...just seems slightly a retarded way to play to me (im old school)

Gamecube controller also works for the Virtual Console games and several of the others that I had played (the SNK games for sure).

I honestly dont feel like throwing my arms into the air playing this game unless I am really punching something...just seems slightly a retarded way to play to me (im old school)
Do you have a Wii at all, then? The Wii-Mote is the whole gimmick, and if you feel silly throwing your arms around, then maybe you should stick to the 360 or PS3, no?

Gamecube controller also works for the Virtual Console games and several of the others that I had played (the SNK games for sure).

Do you have a Wii at all, then? The Wii-Mote is the whole gimmick, and if you feel silly throwing your arms around, then maybe you should stick to the 360 or PS3, no?

Yes,I just got it....For the main reason to play the Exclusive only "Punchout"
I understand the Gimmick of the Wii-mote, but honestly...I dont care for it...unless its a sports game or something.

I only plan to buy games for the 360 unless the Wii does something exclusive such as Punchout or Pikmin,Mario etc

Yes,I just got it....For the main reason to play the Exclusive only "Punchout"
I understand the Gimmick of the Wii-mote, but honestly...I dont care for it...unless its a sports game or something.
Ah, then you probably haven't used it much. Try playing Mario Kart, Monkey Ball, or Mario Galaxy, and you might change your mind. The thing is really intuitive, and, dare I say it, fun!

Can't wait to get my hands on this one! Is it known if it will use Wii Motion Plus?

I really hope they do. Why even release a product that's supposed to increase sensitivity and accuracy if Nintendo isn't even going to use it on their big first party games?

New trailer.

<embed src='https://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='isStandAlone=true&highRes_ID=2795123&lowRes_ID=2795128&object_ID=14266716&downloadURL=https://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/video/article/965/965457/punchout_trailer_032309_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

https://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14266716/punch-out/videos/punchout_trailer_032309.html

Back