Nicolas Cage as Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the dude is another great actor with lousy instinct in selecting materials.

i don't really have to much of a problem with the suit. the vinly has to go. I don't think cage would have made a good clark/superman.

Let's keep this thread on topic please. Whether you think Cage is a great actor or not, he does have a certain style that probably wouldn't have worked for Superman. Just as Sean Penn or Robin Williams probably wouldn't have fit in the role either.

I remember when Cage was on Leno around this time and he talked about doing the costume test for Superman. I don't think there's any question that it's a real photo.

i don't think there is any question that it is real either... it may be a real photo, but it is a real photo shopped photo.

could be an early test, could be a fake. i just know that look was not what burton planned to end up on the big screen. the costume was to be all black, no cape and no red underoos.

and this is tim burton we're talking about, right? even his worst movies are visually beautiful. nic cage in that photo look just the opposite. no way that design was going to be used.

i'm just glad the project never materialize. both cage and burton are absolutely wrong for supes.

According to article i found this was supposed to be brainiac:

SUPERMAN.LIVES.dfc12e7bf222d3d8_large.jpg

damn.................

Sometimes these comic book films are made for the actor's superego instead of paying homage to the superhero. I mean nicholas cage as superman, Justin Chatwin as Goku, and now I here Seth Rogen is doing a Bruce Lee Kato movie....

No way that's a real photo. Head looks way too big... And look at the "S" emblem, it's way off-center on the torso...? Even the cape looks like sculpted plastic. And what's with the blurred blue color on the chest... Not only is it an obvious photoshop job, it's a BAD photoshop job. He doesn't even look awake. C'mon, give them more credit than that...

No way that's a real photo. Head looks way too big... And look at the "S" emblem, it's way off-center on the torso...? Even the cape looks like sculpted plastic. And what's with the blurred blue color on the chest... Not only is it an obvious photoshop job, it's a BAD photoshop job. He doesn't even look awake. C'mon, give them more credit than that...

Who cares if it's real or not? Just the Idea of Nicolas Cage as Superman is funny enough to me.
:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

I'm surprised no one has gotten comment one way or another on its authenticity. If I were Burton or Cage, I'd be saying its a fake considering the ^^^^ they are both taking. Even if its not them, since both aren't exactly sweethearts with the media, you'd think WB/DC would be shooting it down...

whatever talent cage has as an actor certainly has NOT been displayed on screen for quite a while now. and any actor, no matter how talented, can descend into lousy acting when they stop trying or stop caring, as cage clearly has. witness him sleepwalking thru roles in "bangkok dangerous", "knowing", etc etc etc... another perfect example is robert deniro. his recent output has been depressing to say the least (eg: "righteous kill").

and i believe that photo is fake. that particular suit may very well exist, but i don't think cage was wearing it in that exact shot. in any case, real or fake, this shot will be detrimental to cage's public image. he's already been laughed at for his many terrible roles and performances as well as his hideous hair, and this certainly won't help.

btw, burton's "original" idea for a black-suited, no-cape superman is just ill-conceived. i really like many of his films (eg: "ed wood", "mars attacks", "edward scissorhands", "sleepy hollow"), but so glad this film never ever saw light of day.

I'm surprised no one has gotten comment one way or another on its authenticity. If I were Burton or Cage, I'd be saying its a fake considering the ^^^^ they are both taking. Even if its not them, since both aren't exactly sweethearts with the media, you'd think WB/DC would be shooting it down...
the whole project was scrap. if this is coming to theaters now, you can bet your ass it will take WB only 2 seconds to yank that pic from existence and offer a counter pic.

whatever talent cage has as an actor certainly has NOT been displayed on screen for quite a while now. and any actor, no matter how talented, can descend into lousy acting when they stop trying or stop caring, as cage clearly has. witness him sleepwalking thru roles in "bangkok dangerous", "knowing", etc etc etc... another perfect example is robert deniro. his recent output has been depressing to say the least (eg: "righteous kill").
any decent actors can look mediocre when the part he's playing is mediocre. true test of an actor is when he is challenged by a role that ask for him to go places he's never been. but yeah, cant argue with you there. nic cage has been coasting in way too many ^^^^ty films now that people just cant see what a cool actor he is anymore. once in a while though, when the part calls for it...

I agree, I think it's Cage's head on a maquette or life size sculpt body. I remember seeing a video with John Peters in it and he had a maquette of that exact design on his desk. Not all that bad actually. would look better without the metallic look. I also remember a second black concept that looked like the one below. I tried, but couldn't find the photoshop version with Cage's head on a black Batsuit with silver S on it.

Back