Nicolas Cage as Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised it looks like this Burton's treatment had the death and resurrection of Superman and was supposed to have some serious make up and special effects to it. What you have to remember is originally they were talking about Superman as if he were a zombie of sorts going through a rebirth before fully returning which would have been very Burtonesque. Considering that the base art was like this:

livessuit.jpg

Throw a few more props on him and give him the grey skin and you've pretty much got what Burton had in mind.

I'm not surprised it looks like this Burton's treatment had the death and resurrection of Superman and was supposed to have some serious make up and special effects to it. What you have to remember is originally they were talking about Superman as if he were a zombie of sorts going through a rebirth before fully returning which would have been very Burtonesque. Considering that the base art was like this:

livessuit.jpg

Throw a few more props on him and give him the grey skin and you've pretty much got what Burton had in mind.

superman meets frankenstien. man that ACTUALLY looks cool. i have to say if the movie looked anything like that pic i'd see it. would have been a hella more interesting then boring superman returns.

wow that picture is full of AWESOME. There was a time when I used to like Cage (the Rock, Face Off, Con Air), but I can't think of the last movie since Gone in Sixty Seconds that was actually wort the price of admission.

~~The Wicker Man doesn't count because the crap factor was worth paying just to see how bad he can go.

Last edited:
Wow....lates superman costume does not go good. theres somethings tim burton is good at but making a superman would not be one of them....plus nic cage....not really !!!

wow that picture is full of AWESOME. There was a time when I used to like Cage (the Rock, Face Off, Con Air), but I can't think of the last movie since Gone in Sixty Seconds that was actually wort the price of admission.
Lord of War wasnt that bad if you ask me :)

~~The Wicker Man doesn't count because the crap factor was worth paying just to see how bad he can go.

Adaptation was one of the best films of 2002.

So is this pic real? I went to the Timburton.jp site and it does seem real, yet a few of you say it is a joke thread.

I am pretty it is authentic after recallin how several sites (a decade ago) have mentioned the actor fitting on a superman costume

Remember that this is a test shot and not the final outfit. So it is possible that the coloured fake chest would be airbrushed to the same tone as his actual skin; ppl say that the line is his chest hairs commin out from the opening of the costume

It does look like nick's head is photoshopped onto a vinyl, yet l do not don't think that superman figure exist

I think a closer photo would help:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vfcJc7j_A3Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vfcJc7j_A3Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also, the website says it is real and gives the date on which is was shot

Last edited:
you guys talking crap about cage obviously have very limited knowledge of him. he IS a great actor. seen leaving las vegas? seen matchstickmen? seen adaptation? seen face/off? oh yeah, you havent. you've only seen his bruckheimer movies.

the guy is on par with the best of the best actors in hollywood. if ONLY he doesnt succumb so easily to juvenile materials to satisfy his inner child, he'd attain sean penn status. i blame bruckheimer and michael bay for introducing him to blockbuster movies.

Back