Nick Cage and his rug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I just saw "Knowing" last night and nic cage's hair was in full force. Say what you want but nic cage and his rug can predict the end of the world. Your hair can't do that.

If you're talking about how he looks on screen, there are people who are paid to work on his hair. Maybe they just suck at it, on every movie he's in! :lol

So.........is Knowing any good?

So.........is Knowing any good?

That's a hard question to answer. The first hour of the movie feels like a disaster movie with the potential to end up like The Day After Tomorrow, but near the end it takes a twist into an established sci fi territory. I can't say more than that to avoid spoilers. There are a lot of religious allegories to be found here, as well as some heady, abstract stuff about predetermined fate and chance on a scale larger than what we humans could possibly comprehend.

The special effects were great. There's a scene set in a subway station that was brutal and hard to watch at times.

I enjoyed Knowing, but I can't say it's a good movie. It tries to adhere to too many genres (sci fi, horror, thriller, disaster flick ) and it can come off as hokey and ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not to me. I've never listened to critics, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi or Fantasy movies.

If the movie isn't sub-titled or the main character isn't retarded, then they don't like it. :lol

i dont think he went full retard on this flick.........might be ok....:monkey3

He had some serious hair in the 80s.

valleygirl.jpg

Not to me. I've never listened to critics, especially when it comes to Sci-Fi or Fantasy movies.

If the movie isn't sub-titled or the main character isn't retarded, then they don't like it. :lol
I agree that what "the critics" say isn't gospel truth or anything, and they do tend to be an overly pretentious bunch who like certain things that the average geek fan (probably most of us fit into this category) don't. But the way rotten tomatoes works is that it takes a bunch of critical reviews from all kinds of people, and gives the ratio of generally positive to generally negative reviews. So, though that doesn't determine if I will see a movie or not, it might make me think twice if something gets a really low rating. I have a little faith in the consensus view of people who watch and critique movies as a living.

One thing that I surely disagree with that website on, though, is this:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/john_rambo/

WTF?!

Rotten Tomatoes has become less useful as they take just about any "critic" who has their own blog. Seriously I never notice Nic's hair - wouldn't even think to comment on it.

My opinion - Knowing is NOT a good movie. It's pretentious, the acting isn't great and even knowing nothing going in, there were no real surprises in the story. But there are some enjoyable moments in the film - some cool special effects, and Rose Byrne.

He doesn't really bother me as an actor. I've seen alot worse. He's kinda like Keanu Reeves. You get what you get.

Raising Arizona is a great movie.

He may suck as an actor but he was awesome in Raising Arizona! :D
:rock

One of the best movies of the 80s, in my opinion. Certainly one of the best comedies. Also, he gave us this, which I will always cherish:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/e6i2WRreARo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/e6i2WRreARo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sometimes I think he is a mad genius, toying with us all.

Back