NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the prospects we have before flushing the Devils down the toilet as a result of Parise splitting: Merrill, Wedgewood, Kinkaid, Scarlett, Matteau, Pietila, Burlon, Gelinas, etc etc.

I've always supported the Devils since Gretzky called them a "Mickey Mouse organization" in 1983 after they moved from Colorado.

I LOVE YOU! NOT MANY PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT! And the score was 13-4! You score on a team at that volume, you would be saying the same thing. lol

"Well, it’s time they got their act together. They’re ruining the whole league. They had better stop running a Mickey Mouse organization and put somebody on the ice." -Gretzky (November 19, 1983)

You find hockey boring but, you watch a sport that is heavily infected with religion and showboating, Football players are dumb compared to NHL players..straight dumb mutha's with their ghetto ****,criminals,point to the sky,dance like a sissy alone into the end zone for the touchdown dance...i like some of the highlight catches in CFL/NFL but, the culture in that sport stinks.

You cannot compare my liking one sport for me not liking another sport. And the main reason I find hockey "boring" is because it was not a popular sport of my youth...therefore it's not a sport I grew up with and learned. So my boredom with it most likely comes from not fully understanding the game and rules.

Also, making generalizations doesn't help an argument. Your comments above are akin to me saying all hockey fans are racist because they boo and use the N-word at certain players....which I don't believe one bit is true of all hockey fans.

But since I've been living in Ohio, a lot of my good friends have been trying to educate me. But it's not easy. It's the same as me trying to explain football to my wife while I'm watching a game....very difficult because you get caught up in the action and the person "learning" gets lost. I still have time to be "converted" lol.

One of my good friends here was a big NHL prospect and got signed by San Jose (Marc Kielkucki, G from USAFA). However, the Air Force wouldn't let him out of his commitment a year early so he never got his shot in the show.

I thought you were a Penguins fan?

I am from Winnipeg and a season ticket holder. Have 4 seats together under my name. I am the account holder. So I am also a Jets fan. Didn't have a local team for a while there... that and I was a Pens fan as far back as the old Jets... Never was a huge fan of the team then. Now I am all about supporting my city and local team.

He is but he's from Manitoba so he loves his Jets as well!

Just like I love the Flyers and Leafs and I'm from Toronto.

Just saw this... yup!

I would love to one day see a Winnipeg/Pittsburgh Final. Of course, Winnipeg would need a miracle, and oh yeah, switch to the Western Conference. I believe after this year they should be.

Oh I forgot they're doing 4 Conferences now.... lol

Back