NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Jersey won't win it. They were very fortunate last Spring. That and Marty is really getting up there. He was 23 in 95. He's 40 now, and will be 41 this May. They also lost their best player in Zach Parise over the Summer. The return? Nadda.

brodeur-martin-tounge-out.jpg

Haters gonna hate

He was listed as being 5'6" and 140 lbs by the Calgary Flames during training camp. Being that he's 19, I could definitely see another growth spirt. Having said that, we know the height and weight listed size numbers are usually skewed within hockey.

btw SMDG, I am not saying the USA didn't deserve it. They most certainly did. Team Canada came in too confident and cocky. They have the best player in the tournament in Nugent-Hopkins and insane depth. Yes, goaltending was questionable going into the series, but the way the played, wasn't the way the played in other games. Team USA was much more hungry to win, and all their guys, even the lesser known prospects like Gaudreau's really came out of the wood work. I just want to know if you guys saw the game. If you guys did, then I'll shut up! :)

I watched it on dvr. We won, you lost, get over it. With that said I'm looking forward to see if we got a season or not....it's gonna suck for players that have played lots of games in Europe to come back over and have to play every other night....lots of dead legs and injuries ahead.

brodeur-martin-tounge-out.jpg

Haters gonna hate

You do realize my nickname is Eli26 for Patrik Elias No. 26 and my favourite goaltender of all-time is Martin Brodeur....

Not hating. Just being realistic. Losing Parise is going to be huge, and while Brodeur did get them into the Final... well one of many reasons, a year can do a lot to a player at his age.

I watched it on dvr. We won, you lost, get over it. With that said I'm looking forward to see if we got a season or not....it's gonna suck for players that have played lots of games in Europe to come back over and have to play every other night....lots of dead legs and injuries ahead.

Canada is still the better team. They did lose at the wrong time... but I am over it. I do prefer USA's goalie to ours. Anyway, I do have bigger fish to fry. Like getting to the gym! Competition time in 3 months! :yess:

OH LOOK! All the Yanks come in and say their ****... Convenient to jump in and talk now.... same with CC. Still lots of hockey going on... Very convenient. What I love about SMDG is he's continuously here supporting the hockey thread. He can gloat more than the rest of you convenient ****faces! :nana:

Anyway I really gotta go and get to the gym. You guys can tear me a new one when I get back in a few hours. BRING IT!

GM GO AST PTS GM GO AST PTS
Kovy Reg Season:77 37 46 83 P/O 23 8 11 19

Parise Reg Season: 82 31 38 69 P/O 24 8 7 15

Parise was a big loss not a huge loss. We'll be okay. Thanks for the concern.

Parise was a major piece of the run, but he was pretty much MIA during our other playoff runs.

Like I said: Elias, Kovy, Clarkson, Zubrus, CBGB, Henrique, Josefson, Butler. We're in good shape.

GM GO AST PTS GM GO AST PTS
Kovy Reg Season:77 37 46 83 P/O 23 8 11 19

Parise Reg Season: 82 31 38 69 P/O 24 8 7 15

Parise was a big loss not a huge loss. We'll be okay. Thanks for the concern.

Parise was a major piece of the run, but he was pretty much MIA during our other playoff runs.

Like I said: Elias, Kovy, Clarkson, CBGB, Henrique, Josefson, Butler. We're in good shape.

It's not always stats oriented, and so what if Kovalchuk scored more points? It comes down to who's better as a leader .. who's better for the dressing room. Who has a more well-rounded game... that would be Mr. Parise... Even still, lets say Kovalchuk is better. You still lost a 70-80 point forward. And as for Elias... he's not getting any younger. He can't keep it up forever. We don't know how it will effect Parise's line mates... losing a player with his tangibles could have a domino effect. Look, I like NJ. It's well documented.. hey, just look at my name. Anyway, you're keeping me from the gym! Oh, and look up Reid Boucher, he's a Brett Hull clone! More of a poorer man's version. Great lower centre of gravity... built like a mule. Great hands and nose for the net. Great wrister. Knows how to be elusive in the dirty areas.

P.S. Big and huge are relatively the same... it's still enough to impact that team for the lesser good.

OH LOOK! All the Yanks come in and say their ****... Convenient to jump in and talk now.... same with CC. Still lots of hockey going on... Very convenient. What I love about SMDG is he's continuously here supporting the hockey thread. He can gloat more than the rest of you convenient ****faces! :nana:

Anyway I really gotta go and get to the gym. You guys can tear me a new one when I get back in a few hours. BRING IT!

You need to take it easy before jumping to conclusions. I've watched some of the WJC. I just wasn't high on staying up at odd hours, plus NHL Network was running replays like crazy.
I never mentioned the Americans or the WJC. So yeah, STFU Eli. Quit crying.

250px-CrosbyCrying.gif

If Parise was such a great leader he wouldn't have high-tailed it out of New Jersey just to go play with his best friend Ryan Suter.
We have a strong leader in the locker room and his name is Bryce Salvador.

You need to take it easy before jumping to conclusions. I've watched some of the WJC. I just wasn't high on staying up at odd hours, plus NHL Network was running replays like crazy.
I never mentioned the Americans or the WJC. So yeah, STFU Eli. Quit crying.

250px-CrosbyCrying.gif

I am not crying. I am ecstatic! So much good stuff is happening in my life right now (minus my dying father)... got a new girl in my life. Getting conditioned for a competition coming up, and had a great Holidays with the family and friends. Oh, and it's looking good that we maybe getting a 48 NHL season! It's funny how you guys jump to conclusions as well. ;)

I am not crying. I am ecstatic! So much good stuff is happening in my life right now (minus my dying father)... got a new girl in my life. Getting conditioned for a competition coming up, and had a great Holidays with the family and friends. Oh, and it's looking good that we maybe getting a 48 NHL season! It's funny how you guys jump to conclusions as well. ;)

Jump to conclusions? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! You just jumped all over American posters assuming they haven't been up on hockey and were only paying attention to the WJC when the Americans won.
You don't know what other sites and forums other people are checking. I'm on the Devils forum every day, but I don't come announcing it to everyone on a forum about toys.

Back