NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Germany, this is not a tournament you should be in....

Canada - L 9-3

USA - L 8-0

Russia - L 7-0

Record.. 0-3-0, GF: 3, GA: 24

LOL Average game = Losing games by a score of 8 to 1. WOW!

maybe hockey isn't germany's sport :lol

Funny thing is there are a lot of successful German players both in the NHL and on the International stage. Yes, they are usually one of the lesser teams in these tournaments, but the program is getting better. Albeit, you couldn't tell from those scores.

All I know is Canada better get their goaltending act together or we'll be out before the Final. Looks like this is Russia's to win with how things are shaping up. Great offensive prospects with arguably the Tourney's best goaltender. US doesn't have a bad goalie in Gibson either. They maybe able to win Gold with the roster they bolster. Kind of nice for Galchenyuk to play for Team USA vs. Russia. Dual Citizenship, born in America but lived and played most of his young hockey years in Russia. Helps good ol' US of A. Canada is stacked offensively, but man is our goaltending a sore spot... :horror

Subban can't be instilling a lot of confidence in Canada. He hasn't been outright terrible, but shaky at best. Really looking forward to the Canada-U.S.A. game.:impatient:

I have a funny feeling Slovakia might put out the U.S.

This wouldn't shock me in the least bit. The offense has disappeared. I was glad to see Subban play like he did today, can't wait until he makes his way to Boston.

The US should have played Sparks. The kid is gooooood. I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't. Dare I say better than Binnington and Subban.

Canada wins the Spengler Cup!!:woo

A_cyHx8CQAEQvA7.jpg

The picture makes me miss the NHL though.:monkey2

4-1 Canada over Russia! 4-0-0 undefeated! Woohoo! Russian coaching was brutal. Stuck with a single game plan all game, to on going problems with who was or not supposed to be on the ice. Positioning was off. Malcolm Subban silenced his doubters. Wasn't tested often, but when he was, he was sharp.

Morgan Rielly made a brilliant play going coast-to-coast breaking the Russian D, getting a nice shot off, then nearly scoring on his own rebound. Looks like a goodie for Toronto! Also, was pleasantly surprised with how strong Xavier Ouellet looked in the game. Made some sharp passes on the tape. Looked great on the PP, showing tons of confidence. Defensive end he was good at taking away the scoring lanes from guys like Nail Yakupov.

Canada looked like men vs. Russia, who looked like a bunch of boys out there.

This could be our tournament to win. Hope I didn't jinx us there, but I see no weak spots on this Canadian team, even the "so-called iffy goaltending" that people were criticizing. Looked pretty good against stiffer competition, against the USA and Russia teams.

4-1 Canada over Russia! 4-0-0 undefeated! Woohoo! Russian coaching was brutal. Stuck with a single game plan all game, to on going problems with who was or not supposed to be on the ice. Positioning was off. Malcolm Subban silenced his doubters. Wasn't tested often, but when he was, he was sharp.

Morgan Rielly made a brilliant play going coast-to-coast breaking the Russian D, getting a nice shot off, then nearly scoring on his own rebound. Looks like a goodie for Toronto! Also, was pleasantly surprised with how strong Xavier Ouellet looked in the game. Made some sharp passes on the tape. Looked great on the PP, showing tons of confidence. Defensive end he was good at taking away the scoring lanes from guys like Nail Yakupov.

Canada looked like men vs. Russia, who looked like a bunch of boys out there.

This could be our tournament to win. Hope I didn't jinx us there, but I see no weak spots on this Canadian team, even the "so-called iffy goaltending" that people were criticizing. Looked pretty good against stiffer competition, against the USA and Russia teams.

Looks like you jinxed 'em Eli.....USA 5, Canada 1 USA, USA!

U.S was all over them, and the last game between them was close so, i had a feeling the U.S was going to take this easily,that team is firing on all cylinders, that shorty John Gaudreau is lighting it up the last two games.

Sweden for the gold. :)

Will be two great games to watch come this Saturday.

Yeah, I stayed up late to watch the game... why?!

And it sounds like we may have an NHL season...

btw Wonder if the gloating Americans actually saw the game? I'm thinking, no.

NHL season maybe, they are now caught in a rut over player pension plan and still have a mediator at table during talks.

Back