NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always a big Peyton backer but after watching this game and realizing just how bad his post seasons have been.... not so sure now.

9-11 Playoff record
8 of 12 years one and done
1-4 coming off the bye
2-6 Outdoors

Damning playoff numbers, but the guy is still one of the best of all time and has a ring.

No sure who deserves more blame, Peyton or the secondary. But both were pretty bad.

I thought the play calling was overly conservative as well. And it seemed like Manning did not look for Damarius Thomas enough for me.

9-11 Playoff record
8 of 12 years one and done
1-4 coming off the bye
2-6 Outdoors

Damning playoff numbers, but the guy is still one of the best of all time and has a ring.
I think he's the greatest regular season QB there ever was. But I rank Brady higher than Manning in terms of all-time great QBs because of what he did in the post season. Had just had a couple of plays went against the Giants in those Superbowls I doubt there would be any debate on the matter.

But to Prog's point, the bad Denver D does deserve its share of the blame. Denver did put up a lot of points. But the worst thing is both the secondary and Peyton failing in the clutch. Really surprised me they didn't try to get into field goal range at the end of regulation--35 seconds, 2 timeouts, no timeouts for the other team. If Fox trusted Peyton, he should have given him a couple of chances to get the ball down the field (or to take a sack/throw it out of bounds if nothing was there). They still could have kneeled on 3rd down and went into OT if need-be.

YUP!

images

:rock :rock :rock

I think he's the greatest regular season QB there ever was. But I rank Brady higher than Manning in terms of all-time great QBs because of what he did in the post season. Had just had a couple of plays went against the Giants in those Superbowls I doubt there would be any debate on the matter.

But to Prog's point, the bad Denver D does deserve its share of the blame. Denver did put up a lot of points. But the worst thing is both the secondary and Peyton failing in the clutch. Really surprised me they didn't try to get into field goal range at the end of regulation--35 seconds, 2 timeouts, no timeouts for the other team. If Fox trusted Peyton, he should have given him a couple of chances to get the ball down the field (or to take a sack/throw it out of bounds if nothing was there). They still could have kneeled on 3rd down and went into OT if need-be.

Im blaming the D for this loss, they put up 35 points against the Ravens
They had 4 offensive TD's that should get the job done

Ray Ray lives another day, hopefully the Pats win tomorrow for a great conference final.

Im blaming the D for this loss, they put up 35 points against the Ravens
They had 4 offensive TD's that should get the job done

Ray Ray lives another day, hopefully the Pats win tomorrow for a great conference final.
I think that's fair, but when judging great QBs folks look at clutch situations, when the game is on the line, in the playoffs particularly. Tonight Manning looked average in that situation. Weather may have played a role though. My wife, who has been a fan of his for many years and usually watches him play, said he looked pretty off.

Back