NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 50/50 chance...... yet people want to still call the Pats cheaters......

300 page report and they can not even find anything, its basically NFL words vs Patriots word.

The NFLPA will not let Brady get suspended if that is the case.

At this point the hate the just has to be embraced. Hell, the Raiders made a living doing so before they become what they are today.

As for the Wells Report, bravo to him for accumulating all the billable hours he did. Total fleecing.

I agree on your last point 100%. The NFLPA would probably go scorched earth if they try a ham-fisted suspension.

There is no way he is suspended for any games. The NFL wouldn't have Thursday opening night, raising the SB banner, Pats getting their rings then have the golden boy sit... no chance.

At this point the hate the just has to be embraced. Hell, the Raiders made a living doing so before they become what they are today.

As for the Wells Report, bravo to him for accumulating all the billable hours he did. Total fleecing.

I agree on your last point 100%. The NFLPA would probably go scorched earth if they try a ham-fisted suspension.

Yeah, might as well embrace the hate. Wells sure did sucker the NFL into a huge payday for himself. I hope Brady sues Roger, Wells, the NFL for defamation of character and whatever else he can. Brady does not seem like the kind of guy to do that though.

There is no way he is suspended for any games. The NFL wouldn't have Thursday opening night, raising the SB banner, Pats getting their rings then have the golden boy sit... no chance.

Agree.

Heard on ESPN a lawyer looked into "deflategate." He says there is a 49.9% chance that it happened and Brady covered it up... but a 50.1% chance nobody did nothing wrong....

Its 50/50 chance...... yet people want to still call the Pats cheaters......

300 page report and they can not even find anything, its basically NFL words vs Patriots word.

The NFLPA will not let Brady get suspended if that is the case.

Finding the text messages of the Pats employees, one who's admittedly nicknamed 'The Deflator', in a scandal about illegally deflating footballs is brutal.

But sure, they didn't find anything. :lol

Finding the text messages of the Pats employees, one who's admittedly nicknamed 'The Deflator', in a scandal about illegally deflating footballs is brutal.

But sure, they didn't find anything. :lol

No one seems to mention the Colts balls were under-inflated to....

or that those texts mean nothing. Refs had the balls at 16psi at one point in the texts... funny 4 psi OVER the limit.... They deflated them to make it to the legal limit....

No one seems to mention that text.

Really tired if these idiots (not you) commenting on all these articles who know next to nothing about this. It is VERY clear the media is blowing this way up and not mentioning FACTS from both sides.

NFL initially gave Patriots bad information about PSI readings | ProFootballTalk

No one brings this up either....

or this

Tom Brady

This is framegate by the NFL.

No one seems to mention the Colts balls were under-inflated to....

or that those texts mean nothing. Refs had the balls at 16psi at one point in the texts... funny 4 psi OVER the limit.... They deflated them to make it to the legal limit....

No one seems to mention that text.

Really tired if these idiots (not you) commenting on all these articles who know next to nothing about this. It is VERY clear the media is blowing this way up and not mentioning FACTS from both sides.

NFL initially gave Patriots bad information about PSI readings | ProFootballTalk

No one brings this up either....

or this

Tom Brady

This is framegate by the NFL.

Let me see if I understand this.

You're telling me that the NFL - which has been absolutely blasted by negative media attention over the course of the last season (Ray Rice KO'ing his wife on video, Adrian Peterson beating his kid with a switch, etc) - is making a conscious decision to foster more even harsher negative attention on their league, questioning the integrity of the best performing franchise in the league over the last decade as well questioning the integrity of the face of the entire league by blatantly ignoring these 'facts' you speak of ?

If the answer is 'yes', please explain why and how this benefits the NFL at all.

Let me see if I understand this.

You're telling me that the NFL - which has been absolutely blasted by negative media attention over the course of the last season (Ray Rice KO'ing his wife on video, Adrian Peterson beating his kid with a switch, etc) - is making a conscious decision to foster more even harsher negative attention on their league, questioning the integrity of the best performing franchise in the league over the last decade as well questioning the integrity of the face of the entire league by blatantly ignoring these 'facts' you speak of ?

If the answer is 'yes', please explain why and how this benefits the NFL at all.

Did you read the links? Pretty suspicious.... seems like somebody wants the Patriots and Brady to go down for deflategate....

Public perception is that the Patriots cheated and have always cheated. Can you imagine the backlash the NFL would receive if everything they said and everything they have been doing to take the Pats down has been all for not? That all along they were on a wild goose hunt with no goose? I think at this point the NFL HAS to take down the Pats and Brady to save face, if not they just have more questions and controversies popping up. Why go after them if they did nothing wrong? Why provide them with wrong information? Why did the refs over inflate the balls by 4 psi? Why is the NFL so adamant the Pats cheated when science perfectly explains the balls losing psi?

Read this from Brady agent via profootball talk..
“One item alone taints this entire report,” Yee says. “What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration.

You would be a fool to think there is no corruption in the NFL.
You would be a fool to think Brady would allow his agent to say these things, HUGE HUGE HUGE allegations against the NFL saying they plotted against the Pats without any evidence against the NFL.

Did you read the links? Pretty suspicious.... seems like somebody wants the Patriots and Brady to go down for deflategate....

Public perception is that the Patriots cheated and have always cheated. Can you imagine the backlash the NFL would receive if everything they said and everything they have been doing to take the Pats down has been all for not? That all along they were on a wild goose hunt with no goose? I think at this point the NFL HAS to take down the Pats and Brady to save face, if not they just have more questions and controversies popping up. Why go after them if they did nothing wrong? Why provide them with wrong information? Why did the refs over inflate the balls by 4 psi? Why is the NFL so adamant the Pats cheated when science perfectly explains the balls losing psi?

Read this from Brady agent via profootball talk..
“One item alone taints this entire report,” Yee says. “What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration.

You would be a fool to think there is no corruption in the NFL.
You would be a fool to think Brady would allow his agent to say these things, HUGE HUGE HUGE allegations against the NFL saying they plotted against the Pats without any evidence against the NFL.

I didn't read the first link, but I did hear the interview with Brady's agent. If Brady & the Pats are guilty of tampering with the footballs, then yes, someone would want them to go down for Deflategate. A whole lot of someone's lol, as that undermines the integrity of the game.

If there's no goose as you put it at the end of this, I don't see a backlash or any embarrassment for the league. The NFL would simply write it off as: "We investigated and we found no evidence of tampering with the footballs. We conclude Brady/Pats did nothing wrong, enjoy your trophy". The end. It's similar to the MLB investigating Barry Bonds for using steroids, to this day he was never proven guilty of cheating, he's even back in the MLB as a hitting coach lol. There's been no huge backlash or embarrassment for the league.

I agree the NFL should have acted immediately when notified, and I never stated I didn't think there was corruption in the league, no idea where you're getting that from.

I will disagree about your take on his agent though, I'd wager the agent acted on his own accord to come to Brady's defense. He's Brady's agent, his job is to defend the guy. Right? :dunno

I didn't read the first link, but I did hear the interview with Brady's agent. If Brady & the Pats are guilty of tampering with the footballs, then yes, someone would want them to go down for Deflategate. A whole lot of someone's lol, as that undermines the integrity of the game.

If there's no goose as you put it at the end of this, I don't see a backlash or any embarrassment for the league. The NFL would simply write it off as: "We investigated and we found no evidence of tampering with the footballs. We conclude Brady/Pats did nothing wrong, enjoy your trophy". The end. It's similar to the MLB investigating Barry Bonds for using steroids, to this day he was never proven guilty of cheating, he's even back in the MLB as a hitting coach lol. There's been no huge backlash or embarrassment for the league.

I agree the NFL should have acted immediately when notified, and I never stated I didn't think there was corruption in the league, no idea where you're getting that from.

I will disagree about your take on his agent though, I'd wager the agent acted on his own accord to come to Brady's defense. He's Brady's agent, his job is to defend the guy. Right? :dunno

Barry Bonds is a TRUE cheater. His hat size increased.....
Brady is accused of deflating a football by 1 psi....

I understand the comparison though, but the difference is that if what Brady's agent says is true, the Colts and the NFL collaborated together for a sting operation against the Pats, basically setting them up for whatever reason..... there would be a HUGE backlash. I honestly do not know what would even happen to the NFL. Them conspiring against one of there own teams.... I think we are past the point of Brady being found not guilty, mostly everyone is reporting a suspension for Brady, I think the point we are at now is Brady/Patriots vs NFL either in the appeal process or court. I think after the Wells investigation, basically saying Brady is guilty (according to Bill Polian the wording is that Brady is indeed guilty) the NFL has dug there hole, no way they go back on there word now.

Barry Bonds is a TRUE cheater. His hat size increased.....
Brady is accused of deflating a football by 1 psi....

I understand the comparison though, but the difference is that if what Brady's agent says is true, the Colts and the NFL collaborated together for a sting operation against the Pats, basically setting them up for whatever reason..... there would be a HUGE backlash. I honestly do not know what would even happen to the NFL. Them conspiring against one of there own teams.... I think we are past the point of Brady being found not guilty, mostly everyone is reporting a suspension for Brady, I think the point we are at now is Brady/Patriots vs NFL either in the appeal process or court. I think after the Wells investigation, basically saying Brady is guilty (according to Bill Polian the wording is that Brady is indeed guilty) the NFL has dug there hole, no way they go back on there word now.

Yeah Bonds......guilty as sin :lol

Anyway, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree b/c I can't buy into a conspiracy theory of the NFL intentionally running a smear campaign on both it's premier franchise and premier player for no logical reason whatsoever and taking yet another publicity hit in the process which is the last thing they need right now.

Plus, Tom has done himself no favors through all this. His interview in front of reporters was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever seen, in the league of McGwire in front of Congress. :lol He should have come out full throttle like this:

Wow they lasted the smack down. 1million fine. Two draft picks 1st and 4th pick. Brady out for 4 weeks.

I cant see the NfLPA letting the suspension out for 4 weeks.

NFL hands down it's punishment:

$1million Fine for Pats

Brady suspended first 4 games

Loss of 2 picks: 1st round 2016, 4th round 2017

FOUR GAMES? Multiple picks??

WTF!

:cuss:

Hope the NFLPA, Brady, Kraft, the ball boys sue the crap out of the NFL, Roger, Wells, the officials and anyone else part of this to take down the Pats.

The players union will negotiate the suspension down to 2 games so it won't be that bad. Draft picks are meaningless since Seattle hasn't had a first round pick in 3 season and has made back to back SB's. The fine is pocket change to Kraft.

Last edited:
The NFL front offices are a complete joke. I did not think it was possible for me to hate Roger Goodell any more than I already did before all this happened...

I think they felt they had to come down hard as not to look soft on his buddy Kraft and avoid public outrage. I think the fine is high but not a huge deal, the two draft picks seems harsh since the report clears pretty much everyone but three people. Brady won't get 4 games maybe 1or 2 tops. NFL will lose since they have a document that says that the fine should have been 25k and that's it.

NFL is trying to save face, gd joke, nothing but a gd joke. Ray Rice knocks out his wife and gets two friggin games but a friggin game where the COLTS BALLS WERE UNDERINFLATED TO Brady gets four friggin games. Somebody has it out for the Pats, framegate!

Back