NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats interesting that the LSU player who is being questioned about the murder of a ex asked to be removed from draft even though police have said he is not a suspect.

He's untouchable until teams are 100% certain he won't be charged in her murder. He wanted to be removed from the draft because he and his agent knew they were going to lose millions of $$$. He was a 1st round draft pick if it wasn't for death of his girlfriend. Now, he's a free agent that teams are going to spend a lot less money to sign because the CBA doesn't reward lower round draft picks or free agents coming out of college. That all said, given his talent and original draft grade, I'm surprised no team didn't use a 7th round pick on him just to control his rights. That would seem like a no-brainer. Wheteher he's exonerated or not, most 7th rounders don't even make their respective teams and if he's cleared of her death, he'd end up being a GREAT value pick for any team that rolled the dice on him. This is the very definition of low risk, high reward. Still, Aaron Hernandez has left a big black mark on the league. I can understand why no team will touch him until he's 100% cleared.

Framegate.

No hard evidence, no proof. Just another Pats witch hunt. Is Wells a Seahawks fan? A colts fan? A Jets fan? No way Brady can get suspended.

Does not affect Brady legacy one bit. Jerry Rice used stickum, every WR did it. No one mentions that. Rodgers overinflates the balls.... no one mentions that, is his superbowl win tainted... he must be a cheater as well. Older QBs have came out and said they over/under inflate balls. All of these ESPN analyst garbage spewing bull because they have not accomplished 10% of what Brady has done. Haters gonna hate. Did Brady cheat in the Superbowl to? Even if they were underinflated in the Colts game it made no difference in the outcome. Lets talk about how all the other team cheats as well....

Tom Brady is GOAT.

Keep hating.

"The Wells Report released Wednesday found that the New England Patriots were "more probable than not" guilty of deflating footballs for January's AFC Championship game, and that quarterback Tom Brady was "generally aware" of the inappropriate activities."

The only way this accusation could have been any weaker is if he said “My friends, cousin’s, neighbor’s, Aunt lives next door to Tom Brady’s gardener’s, sister’s best friend and he heard from his boss that Brady knew about inflating the balls.”

I'm neither a Patriots fan or hater so I don't have a dog in this fight. But I will play Devils Advocate.

"The Wells Report released Wednesday found that the New England Patriots were "more probable than not" guilty of deflating footballs for January's AFC Championship game, and that quarterback Tom Brady was "generally aware" of the inappropriate activities."

The only way this accusation could have been any weaker is if he said “My friends, cousin’s, neighbor’s, Aunt lives next door to Tom Brady’s gardener’s, sister’s best friend and he heard from his boss that Brady knew about inflating the balls.”

That phrase, in and of itself, seems like a very weak phrase, until it was determined that in terms of the NFL's legal parlance, that is the "standard of proof for the NFL"

From ESPN: "Former NFL executive (and ESPN analyst) Bill Polian, familiar with the league's crime-and-punishment procedures after spending 19 years on the league's competition committee, said the term Wells used -- "more probable than not" -- has been the standard of proof the NFL has used for competitive violations in the past six years. "In short, he is finding there was a violation," Polian said."

Does this affect Tom Brady's legacy? In the grand scheme of things, of course not. However, the fact that he wasn't forthcoming and did not hand over his electronic communications as asked when the investigation started is damaging.

Man, Dallas is becoming the place for second chances. Why don't you trade for Adrian Petersen and sign Ray Rice as a third down back while you're at it, Jerry Jones?

If Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory, and La'el Collins stay out of trouble he might come out looking like a genius.

Man, Dallas is becoming the place for second chances. Why don't you trade for Adrian Petersen and sign Ray Rice as a third down back while you're at it, Jerry Jones?

If Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory, and La'el Collins stay out of trouble he might come out looking like a genius.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Does Collins have a track record of trouble? It seems like this whole thing was a case of bad timing for him but I don't know if he has a troubled past.

I'm not sure that he does. As you said, it may be a case of "wrong place, wrong time"...and at three years for $1.65 million, if Collins is cleared, Jerry will look like a genius. Im probably overreacting, but if Collins is somehow linked to his ex's death, I don't want to even think about the potential sh**storm that will hit.

Dallas is becoming the new Oakland.

I find It funny that so many have issues with Brady not handing over his phone. Seriously can you imagine the information about celebs in that phone. I would be guarded about handing that over if I was him.

If I was Brady I wouldn't let them within 10 feet of my phone. I can't imagine what kind of stuff is on that thing.

If I were Brady I'd take my 4 rings and tell the league to pizz off. He'll be hired the next day by whichever network he wants to work for.

Does Collins have a track record of trouble? It seems like this whole thing was a case of bad timing for him but I don't know if he has a troubled past.

I'm not sure that he does. As you said, it may be a case of "wrong place, wrong time"...and at three years for $1.65 million, if Collins is cleared, Jerry will look like a genius. Im probably overreacting, but if Collins is somehow linked to his ex's death, I don't want to even think about the potential sh**storm that will hit.
I havent been flowing the story to close but I have just heard he passed a lie detector test and the paternity test shows it wasn't his child. So it sounds more and more like it just happened at a bad time for some you had a previous relationship with. If they ends up being the case I feel bad for him. He lost so much money because he happened to know someone who was unfortunately murdered.

Heard on ESPN a lawyer looked into "deflategate." He says there is a 49.9% chance that it happened and Brady covered it up... but a 50.1% chance nobody did nothing wrong....

Its 50/50 chance...... yet people want to still call the Pats cheaters......

300 page report and they can not even find anything, its basically NFL words vs Patriots word.

The NFLPA will not let Brady get suspended if that is the case.

Back