NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how the Chiefss have an O-lineman with the same last name as Nnamdi, but his name is spelled phonetically correct. :lol

The 49ers o-line seems to be regressing this season as well. Still, Kaepernick gave Gore a BEAUTIFUL pass in wide open space and he just dropped it.

Felt like SF should have won it...but they let it slip. Ah well, no shame in losing to the Saints in the dome and it was an intense one.

Good game Saints....

6-4. But many winnable games coming up to finish the season.

The 49ers o-line seems to be regressing this season as well. Still, Kaepernick gave Gore a BEAUTIFUL pass in wide open space and he just dropped it.

Felt like SF should have won it...but they let it slip. Ah well, no shame in losing to the Saints in the dome and it was an intense one.

Good game Saints....

Not regressing. Exposed.

Good game Saints....

Funny, though the Niners were in the lead toward the end, it felt to me like the Saints should have won by a wider margin than they did. Lots of things seemed to work in SF's favor throughout the game--dropped passes from the Saints you don't usually see, wacky turnovers, and the 49ers getting lots of 3rd and medium to long conversions. But the Saints were able to get a big drive at the end to seal it.

I actually thought Kaepernick played pretty well. 49ers offensive strategy through most of the game seemed to be run for small gain, run for small gain, Kaepernick throws on 3rd and gets the first down, which worked over and over and over with the Saints refusing to cover Davis and Boldin. And the pressure by the Saints at the end can't be placed on his shoulders, though I think credit should go to the Saints defense today, as well as the Niners O-line. Saints D was 7th in the league coming in today for good reason--they know how to get pressure on a QB, and they are good in coverage. Obviously the Niners planned to go at the Saints weakness at run defense, but the defensive line stepped up today and didn't allow them to get any traction there.

Lance Moore cost the Saints big time. And once again, Ingram shows himself to be more trouble than he's worth. Pierre Thomas is far superior than Ingram, and should be in the game in any situation where it's really important that the running back get some positive yards.

I've seen them play much better together. I just think Roman's playcalling is killing us. Predictable and conservative.

Yeah that too. But Anthony Davis was out of position, and he still engages during pass protection. Then Iaupati went out and was replaced by Adam Snyder.

Funny, though the Niners were in the lead toward the end, it felt to me like the Saints should have won by a wider margin than they did. Lots of things seemed to work in SF's favor throughout the game--dropped passes from the Saints you don't usually see, wacky turnovers, and the 49ers getting lots of 3rd and medium to long conversions. But the Saints were able to get a big drive at the end to seal it.

I actually thought Kaepernick played pretty well. 49ers offensive strategy through most of the game seemed to be run for small gain, run for small gain, Kaepernick throws on 3rd and gets the first down, which worked over and over and over with the Saints refusing to cover Davis and Boldin. And the pressure by the Saints at the end can't be placed on his shoulders, though I think credit should go to the Saints defense today, as well as the Niners O-line. Saints D was 7th in the league coming in today for good reason--they know how to get pressure on a QB, and they are good in coverage. Obviously the Niners planned to go at the Saints weakness at run defense, but the defensive line stepped up today and didn't allow them to get any traction there.

Lance Moore cost the Saints big time. And once again, Ingram shows himself to be more trouble than he's worth. Pierre Thomas is far superior than Ingram, and should be in the game in any situation where it's really important that the running back get some positive yards.

Yeah, the Saints weren't at their sharpest at offense. Defense definitely stepped up and played well against the run. I really thought the Niners would be able to stop the Saints one last time but the Saints pretty much moved the ball at will. That sack/fumble play was a crazy one no matter what side of the fence you're on. But very few teams hang with the Saints at home, and the Niners had their opportunities. The Saints were just able to bottle up the Niners when it mattered.

Yeah, I know he's a high pick, but Ingram has done nothing. Aside form looking good against a horrid Cowboys defense, Ingram has overstayed his welcome in NO I'm becoming to sense. Ivory was my favorite RB for you guys though...but I really like Pierre Thomas as a person.

Yeah, the Saints weren't at their sharpest at offense. Defense definitely stepped up and played well against the run. I really thought the Niners would be able to stop the Saints one last time but the Saints pretty much moved the ball at will. That sack/fumble play was a crazy one no matter what side of the fence you're on. But very few teams hang with the Saints at home, and the Niners had their opportunities. The Saints were just able to bottle up the Niners when it mattered.

Yeah, I know he's a high pick, but Ingram has done nothing. Aside form looking good against a horrid Cowboys defense, Ingram has overstayed his welcome in NO I'm becoming to sense. Ivory was my favorite RB for you guys though...but I really like Pierre Thomas as a person.

Kassim gave them a little help. He's put himself in great position to be Crabtree fodder. Hopefully Crabtree will be back next Monday. My wife and I have tickets.

Unlike Ingram, Ivory was very solid when he had a chance to run, but Thomas was more consistent, and better as a receiver. He's under the radar because the Saints aren't known for running, and when they do they do it by committee, but he's pretty damn impressive to watch playing as well as he does week to week.

Niners definitely could have won today, if a few things had gone differently. They aren't where they were last year, but despite their record I think they're one of the real NFC contenders this year, along with Seattle, New Orleans, Carolina. The NFC North and East don't really worry me right now, but seeing the Giants start to show life at this point in the season is always scary.

Yeah, they're the opposite in that Peyton is great at starting really strong and choking when it matters. Eli doesn't seem to give a **** until the season is about 3/4 of the way through, but at that point he's like a stone cold assassin.

Back