NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He didn't do crap in SF either. He had 2 whole tackles. He's washed up and I think the Raiders got rid of him at the right time.

That's not true. He played pretty well. But we're trying to give an extension to Tarell Brown and Eric Wright was just activated. We would have had to pay Nnamdi quite a bit so it was logical to let him go since he's about on par with both Brock and Wright but more expensive. He still plays well, just too upright for my liking.

Discount Double Check out for 3 weeks.

That's not true. He played pretty well. But we're trying to give an extension to Tarell Brown and Eric Wright was just activated. We would have had to pay Nnamdi quite a bit so it was logical to let him go since he's about on par with both Brock and Wright but more expensive. He still plays well, just too upright for my liking.

Discount Double Check out for 3 weeks.

How is two tackles and being out because of injuries playing well? If that's what makes the cut I just may be a starter on your team. :rotfl

Was it his throwing shoulder? If so three weeks seem really fast. I have broken my collar bone three times and it doesn't heal that fast and you tend to a loose a good bit of strength and range of motion.

Seriously pick an article. They all read like this on Non Awesomea:

For those wondering why Asomugha is being released in order to make room and way for Wright, the fact of the matter is that in reality, Asomugha contributed nothing when he was active. Asomugha was last active back in the Week 3 game that the 49ers lost to the Indianapolis Colts, and since then he has not seen the field. Tramaine Brock has done an exceptional job as the nickel cornerback as he has done a very good job of going up against opposing No. 3 wide receivers, something Asomugha failed to do effectively when he was active. Brock is also a much better and more willing tackler of ball carriers, something it seemed Asomugha was allergic to doing.

The fact of the matter is that when the 49ers signed Asomugha as a free agent, the move and his contract represented a low risk, high reward situation for the team and the player. For anyone who still thinks that Asomugha is close to being the player he was when he played for the Oakland Raiders clearly has not been paying attention to the 49ers in the 2013 season. Asomugha played like the player he was when he played for the Philadelphia Eagles.

The 49ers will not regret letting Asomugha go as it is clear that any contending team in the NFL will not touch Asomugha given he did nothing to make anyone think he is still capable of being a decent cornerback in his time with the 49ers. In the end, the 49ers lose nothing by letting him go and will be moving on to playing a better option in Eric Wright.

Yeah, if Rodgers didn't go down, GGB would've put up 40 on that awful defense. I'm happy for the Chicago win, but it doesn't change the fact that their defense can't stop anyone except a backup QB with 0 snaps. If Rodgers is out for a prolonged period of time, Detroit takes the division. Chicago has no chance until their D vastly improves, which may or may not happen when Briggs returns.

I am impressed with what the Bears have done this season though. The O-line has been fixed and the offense is finally looking like it should given the talent it has. The defense will need to be the focus of the next few drafts though, and the QB situation could become interesting depending on what they do with Cutler at the end of the season.

This pretty much sums it up. The O seems to finally be progressing. The D needs a major overhaul. Free agency and the draft will definitely need to be focused on the D. I predict we will even see the D switch over to a 3-4 system. Emery has a background in it and the poor showing on D this year will let him blow up the D and start fresh.

Cutler is the real big question mark. The Bears need him playing in the new O as much as possible to see if he's worth the kind of $$$ he'll command in the free agent market. Jay's an immensely talented QB as far as physical tools are concerned but can become petulant and reckless when a game gets tough. His problem has always been between his ears. I truly wonder whether or not the Bears would have scored 27 points if he was the starting QB last night. His struggles against GB have been hard to stomach. He has to learn to weather the tough times and not turn the ball over. He needs to give his team a chance to win. All the good QBs in the league do that. I'm not sure if he'll ever learn that lesson.

He didn't do crap in SF either. He had 2 whole tackles. He's washed up and I think the Raiders got rid of him at the right time.

Based on the amount of money it would have cost Oakland to resign him, they had no choice but to let him go.

In hindsight, it was an excellent move.

If he's done, I fully expect the Raiders to sign him to a 1-day deal so he can retire as a Raider.

Seems like the same criticisms have been levied against Cutler, really since he started his career many years ago in Denver. He plays really well sometimes, mediocre sometimes, really badly sometimes, kind of like Philip Rivers. He has all these physical gifts and potential, so it seems like everyone keeps assuming he may one day just start playing consistently well as a handful of other really gifted QBs do (Brady, Manning, Brees). Do teams really still need time to figure out what kind of player he is, though? He has been a starter in this league for, what, 7 years already?

Seems like the same criticisms have been levied against Cutler, really since he started his career many years ago in Denver. He plays really well sometimes, mediocre sometimes, really badly sometimes, kind of like Philip Rivers. He has all these physical gifts and potential, so it seems like everyone keeps assuming he may one day just start playing consistently well as a handful of other really gifted QBs do (Brady, Manning, Brees). Do teams really still need time to figure out what kind of player he is, though? He has been a starter in this league for, what, 7 years already?

While I agree to a point, there is always the contention that he has been through so many different systems and OCs, that its hard to know what he'd be capable of in a good, consistent offensive system. Still, I'm interested to see how this plays out. I think they'll franchise tag him at the end of the season.

While I agree to a point, there is always the contention that he has been through so many different systems and OCs, that its hard to know what he'd be capable of in a good, consistent offensive system. Still, I'm interested to see how this plays out. I think they'll franchise tag him at the end of the season.

He has always been his own worst enemy. That being said, since his arrival in Chicago he has had zero to work with while Angelo was the GM. Not to mention (as Ryan stated) the multiple offensive systems he has had to learn while a member of the Bears has not helped. Compound that with the fact that Chicago was never a place known for developing QBs and he hasn't had an easy go of it.

The biggest problem with Cutler is he won't own up to his mistakes. When things get difficult, he pouts and folds. I know how many sacks he has taken because of a poor offensive line play but that's no excuse to just fling the ball up for grabs. His frustration always gets the better of him in big games. The funny thing is that Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked QB over the last 5 years. Yet, you never see him get reckless with the football. You can always see the great QBs know that protecting the rock is a QBs #1 priority. The real question with Cutler is...will he ever figure that out before his career is said and done?

Was it his throwing shoulder? If so three weeks seem really fast. I have broken my collar bone three times and it doesn't heal that fast and you tend to a loose a good bit of strength and range of motion.

Those were my thoughts as well. Mine still hurts to this day from a break almost 20 years ago and took every bit of 6 weeks to calcify.

If it's non throwing shoulder it might be doable. I know I was snowboarding again after one break in about a month, but if I had landed on it again it would have rebroke very easy.

So NOBODY cared about last nights football game I guess lol!? It actually was a fun game to watch. Surprised nobody has mentioned it.

Also, I'm interested to hear your input on this Incognito situation. Is it being blown out of proportion. Is the guy who went AWOL being a big baby? Or is all this really as ugly as the media is trying to make it seem? I personally get it's harassment, and Icognito probably went too far, but part of me still feels like this is one of the most childish situations I've ever heard of coming out of pro sports. I feel like I'm reading about a peewee team.

Back