Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping my order. Seems like every release has people that freak out about photos. Anyone who has collected, SS or any other manufacturer, for a while should know that the final product will not look as perfect as a meticulously painted pre-production sample.

I'm all about complaining about poor product, but doing so based on pictures is silly.

Take a look at the comparison with a still from the Nuremberg Toy Fair video added and flipped to make it easier to compare, and remember that the first 2 are almost certainly the exact same piece....

CompX3.jpg

Looks a lot closer to the prototype doesn't it?

Last edited:
The Nuremberg piece is absolutely not the same piece as the SDCC piece. The Nuremberg piece is either another proto, or actually a production piece. I believe it to be a production piece after carefully looking at the eyes, the stripes and dots on her face. I also believe the photos SS provided are very bad. They're either photoshopping it death, or the lights they are using are too 'cool'. But, I do see by looking at the photos that they are not letting any light fall from the top, and that is what is washing out the areas between the lips etc. The pictures are not letting the sculpt do its job of creating shadows where there need to be.

I'm going to get it. I think it will look like the piece from the Nuremberg fair.

Last edited:
I think i prefer the SDCC version. I also think you are losing 50% of the characters appearance by not having acrylic eyes. They were what gave her such a life like appearance.

CompX3.jpg

Looks a lot closer to the prototype doesn't it?

It does look closer, but unfortunately it looks like a generic Navi and not Neytiri. That is just my opinion though, but I just don't see how anyone can look at that piece and see Neytiri.

I just don't see how anyone can look at that piece and see Neytiri.

Well, I guess it's because it actually does look like her, based on the pose and a still taken from the movie:

Neytiri-1.jpg

Other than the iris of the eyes being too small, as I stated earlier, it's not too bad. I'm going to resculpt the idiotic hairline to make it right. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why someone somewhere thought that looked 'accurate' to the film.

Here it is flipped:

Neytiri2.jpg

Last edited:
Comp, I still think it looks off (nose, mouth, eyes and that hairline), but I look foward to seeing your mod :)
You repainting the eyes too?

I think so. Will definitely add more fullness to the lips. The sculpt is there, it just needs a little tweaking.

It's not like people have not told SS about the hairline. It's disappointing that they don't take on board advice when the advice is so obviously correct.

its still off, but that looks much better than the new SS pics. Still, im not taking a chance on a $300 dollar statue, not when there will eventually be so many more Avatar pieces on the way soon.

Did anyone else notice from your comparisons, the wrong ear is guaged? Or am I seeing things? They are facing the same direction so shouldn't the same ear have the hole in it?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Hah, no they have bothering ears guaged. Neytiri only had one ear done, not both. I had to Ho hunting pictures to make sure.

Did anyone else notice from your comparisons, the wrong ear is guaged? Or am I seeing things? They are facing the same direction so shouldn't the same ear have the hole in it?

Dug and ComputerFly flipped the pics just for comparison. SS got the ear gauge right.

If they didn't get it right this place would have exploded with even more _____ing and rioting! :lol

Phew ok thanks snoopy. I was about to paqnic. Glad I didnt miss that the first time around.

I have been a member here for almost a year now, and frequently visit to read the forums for advice, news etc.

I have never posted (I think), but I feel I must now do so.

I pre-ordered this statue, and I have been waiting for it for a looooong time.

Although it is natural for a final product to differ from the prototype, in this instance, it has been 'ruined' beyond belief.

The very essence of capturing Neytiri has been thrown out of the window IMHO.

The changes to the statue's face are way too different now from the first set of images posted on the SS site.

Also, I do not think that the lighting has anything to do with the changes that have been pointed out. I have spent the past few days driving myself crazy comparing pictures etc.

The statue's face has definitely been altered, and, for me, has lost all its initial appeal.

One change that hasn't been pointed out, which I believe has been also done, is the chin. It would seem that even that has been elongated somewhat.

Much as it 'broke my heart' to do so, I have today cancelled my pre-order :-(

I have been a member here for almost a year now, and frequently visit to read the forums for advice, news etc.

I have never posted (I think), but I feel I must now do so.

I pre-ordered this statue, and I have been waiting for it for a looooong time.

Although it is natural for a final product to differ from the prototype, in this instance, it has been 'ruined' beyond belief.

The very essence of capturing Neytiri has been thrown out of the window IMHO.

The changes to the statue's face are way too different now from the first set of images posted on the SS site.

Also, I do not think that the lighting has anything to do with the changes that have been pointed out. I have spent the past few days driving myself crazy comparing pictures etc.

The statue's face has definitely been altered, and, for me, has lost all its initial appeal.

One change that hasn't been pointed out, which I believe has been also done, is the chin. It would seem that even that has been elongated somewhat.

Much as it 'broke my heart' to do so, I have today cancelled my pre-order :-(

I actually think that might have been premature.

I don't think so. Personally that is.

Top 2 pics are the 'original' Neytiri. (The one on the left is flipped for pose).

Which one of the bottom 2 captures the essence of Neytiri more ?

NEYcomb-600x587.jpg

Back