Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping my order. Seems like every release has people that freak out about photos. Anyone who has collected, SS or any other manufacturer, for a while should know that the final product will not look as perfect as a meticulously painted pre-production sample.

I'm all about complaining about poor product, but doing so based on pictures is silly.

I agree.
Everyone is an expert at comparing photos but, what you see in photos isn't always what you get. Remember Venom? Everyone hated it just from judging it on the pics. Now look at it. Same goes for the Hulk Comiquette and I'm sure a thousand other pieces. Seems like people are faster to judge these days. I guess it's because of the depression pinch.

I think Sideshow's is better. The hairline is wig-ish looking but, I think I'll fix that myself. IF I order one.
I'm going to wait until I see some in hand shots and if I like, I'll use my points and get one cheap on 2nd chance since everyone is cancelling.:)
Maybe, wait for Legacy's maquette too. If that one turns out better I'll get that one instead.

I don't think so. Personally that is.

Top 2 pics are the 'original' Neytiri. (The one on the left is flipped for pose).

Which one of the bottom 2 captures the essence of Neytiri more ?

NEYcomb-600x587.jpg

I still think it's a case of bad lighting and photography.

My personal experience with SS is the sculpts are normally spot on, their painting is where I feel let own by.

That said, why not wait for some in hand pics b4 canceling? No harm in that if you ask me.
:1-1:

Although I'm not too happy with the pics, they are just pics. And let's not forget that we are looking at and analyzing a super close up shot of just her face. When you know in hand, overall it might still be a great statue, and I'm sure you don't sit at home staring 3 inches away at your PF's face sculpts.

If it looks good standing on it's own, on the shelf, that's all that matters to me.

Face and nose look too thin now, and theres less cheekbone. Hope the in Hand pics do justice.

:(

You called me silly! i thought we were friends? :( :lol

:lol Sorry bud! You know you're my Homie! :1-1: :D

Unless you saw it at SDCC :lecture

I really want it and would be happy if in hand pics turned out great and made me regret canceling.

True. But most people here hating on the piece didn't see it at SDCC.

The changes are disappointing so i'm leaning towards cancelling at this stage and hoping the Legacy piece does it for me.:impatient:

Back