Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm canceling this and will keep my fingers crossed the HT still plans on coming through with their release.

:lol....Yet another SS piece has been ruined. I can already see the complaints that will pour in once people get this in hand.

The quality of this will be horrible.....the braid on the left side of her head is not even attached to the head. Its floating in mid air....:slap :lol

Chris

Dunno what the hell that thing is but it's not Neytiri. Not anywhere near.

A paint job that bland and cartoonish would be understandable on a $50 Neca toy maybe, but on a near-$300 statue? No thanks.

I hope people vote with their credit cards and let Sideshow know that dropping the ball like this just isn't good enough.

Dang what happened? There was a time I felt like I was missing out on not getting this.

:lol....Yet another SS piece has been ruined. I can already see the complaints that will pour in once people get this in hand.

The quality of this will be horrible.....the braid on the left side of her head is not even attached to the head. Its floating in mid air....:slap :lol

Chris

But hey, atleast its "affordable." :rolleyes: :lol

Poor pics of Sideshow :nana:

The production of this Neytiri Polystone Status was presented at The Toy Fair of Nuremberg 2011 :

And ....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jX4RzgAHpxI?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THX and Atheris you draw conclusions without evidence....

The production of this Neytiri Polystone Status was presented at The Toy Fair of Nuremberg 2011 :

I have total confidence in SS..........to not deliver quality on this piece. And did you not see the part I circled in red on that picture?....what were you saying about evidence?

Trust me, I've delt with SS's BS enough to know they will have alot of un-happy customers soon. Hell, I dont even buy their crap anymore and I just found out a few days ago they refunded my NRD for optimus prime to someone elses credit card :clap

Believe me, if theirs a ball to drop or a hoop to make a customer jump through.....SS will make it happen :wink1:

Chris

What conclusions? What evidence? Who told you that specific piece is a production piece? I was told a piece is production piece at SDCC, which was obviously not, mind on who did you got your info from. That piece, to my eyes, is the piece they showed at SDCC. That piece does NOT look like the new pics SS has updated. I'll be glad that if I'm wrong about those pics on their site, if I'm right UFTS. If something is great, it's great. If it's not, WE need to point them out for our own good.

Last edited:
I cancelled this...it's alright, but as a compromise of scale sizes between this and the Legacy version it is too small at 1/6 scale.
I want the Legacy version at 1/4 in this pose...Looks like I'll get neither :(

What conclusions? What evidence? Who told you that specific piece is a production piece? I was told a piece is production piece at SDCC, which was obviously not, mind on who did you got your info from. That piece, to my eyes, is the piece they showed at SDCC. That piece does NOT look like the new pics SS has updated. I'll be glad that if I'm wrong about those pics on their site, if I'm right UFTS. If something is great, it's great. If it's not, WE need to point them out for our own good.

The hair on the tail atleast proves that it's not the SDCC piece.

Also the face has not been resculpted it's all difference in paint.

Thank you 8th wonder!

THX, you have not looked at the pictures and video! Look at the tail on the video we see the addition of hair, like the production photos of Sideshow, the two strips of cloth on her pelvis.

For me, pictures of Sideshow, will kill this statue, I do not know who took the pictures but they should leave his place for Squiderm3, Chewee Levelu, Insomniac and more!

PS: sorry for my poor english.

Yeah, that proves its the same statue presented 2 weeks ago, seems pretty logical :rolleyes2. We were talking about the SDCC prototype.

the paint application is not as good as what was originally shown, even in that video. not even close.

Looking at the previous pictures, the only thing that I noticed different was the lips. The previous picture still had a little gloss to it, not as noticeable because the lighting is darker.

I'll keep my order on, and see how it looks in person. I'll try and take some pictures when I get it and post them.

Ive made a PS with the two images, hope this helps to compare

20hroqx.jpg

Look at something as simple as the attention to detail of the mouth in these 2 pics. The original looks more defined, and whoever painted it cared. New pic paint looks like some mass manufactured porcelain christmas figure, just dabs of paint in the general area.

And again, the blue issue, just like nightcrawler. Doesn't it feel like some new supplier came in with this crap blue paint and gave them a great deal on it, so they are using it on every blue character? LOL. The less vibrant blue from SDCC works, leave it alone!!!

I know that the final is never going to look like the prototype, so maybe they need to stop painting the master with detail that they know the factory workers are not going to reproduce. I was soooooo excited about this one, and I'm considering giving it the chopping block.

So luckily this one didn't have a NRD. How will this kind of thing work on the newer NRD's? You pay money down on a piece, they make DRASTIC changes to the paint, sculpt etc, do we have any grounds to stand on with canceling and keeping our deposits?

Last edited:
It looks much better in the video and stills from the Nuremberg Toy Fair which is very likely the exact same piece that Sideshow have photographed in the new pics.

Bad photography can make even the very best piece look like crap. I'm not saying it's the same as the prototype because it isn't, but it's no way near as bad as the new shots suggest.
If you find it hard to believe that lighting can make such a big difference, try and take a photo of your favourite piece up close using a flash or with a bright spotlight shining on it. It will look flat due to the lack of shadows, washed out and lacking in fine detail, as for the colour difference it looks more like incorrect white balance or over saturation than the wrong shade of paint.

I find it incredible that Sideshow would use such unflattering photos to try and sell something, and now as a result some people will cancel their orders. Personally I'm going to keep mine as I truly believe that it will look pretty close to the prototype when it's in-hand and under better lighting conditions.

Last edited:
It looks much better in the video and stills from the Nuremberg Toy Fair which is very likely the exact same piece that Sideshow have photographed in the new pics.

Bad photography can make even the very best piece look like crap. I'm not saying it's the same as the prototype because it isn't, but it's no way near as bad as the new shots suggest.
If you find it hard to believe that lighting can make such a big difference, try and take a photo of your favourite piece up close using a flash or with a bright spotlight shining on it. It will look flat due to the lack of shadows, washed out and lacking in fine detail, as for the colour difference it looks more like incorrect white balance or over saturation than the wrong shade of paint.

If find it incredible that Sideshow would use such unflattering photos to try and sell something, and now as a result some people will cancel their orders. Personally I'm going to keep mine as I truly believe that it will look pretty close to the prototype when it's in-hand and under better lighting conditions.

Bravo :clap :exactly: :goodpost: :thud:

If find it incredible that Sideshow would use such unflattering photos to try and sell something, and now as a result some people will cancel their orders. Personally I'm going to keep mine as I truly believe that it will look pretty close to the prototype when it's in-hand and under better lighting conditions.

Well said! :goodpost:

:goodpost: Well said, Dug. Right on! :clap :rock

Dug, you made some accurate and true statements regarding the photography of this piece.

As a photographer, the one thing I cannot explain is the angle of the head. I can clearly see that the angle the Proto was photographed at vs the angle of the new is different and will effect the look. Even at this angle, I cannot explain the difference in the shape and depth of the head, unless a) a huge telephoto length was used, but even then even thought that explains the flat look of the head, the head should then be wider b)someone photoshoped it a bit too much, or c) they really did change the actually shape of the head in size and in depth.

Whichever the reason, SS once again leaves some of their loyal buyers on this forum in a bit of predicament of whether to order or not.

Back