Next Terminator product you want made?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Terminator line do you want to see products from?

• T1

Votes: 265 53.1%
  • T2

Votes: 141 28.3%
  • T3

Votes: 59 11.8%
  • TS

Votes: 34 6.8%

• Total voters
I would like to see a young John that comes with a smiling T-1000 sculpt as one of the accessories. I think it was a missed opportunity to not include this head with the T-1000 release and they could make it up with this sort of bundle. What do you guys think?

I like this part of the film because the T-1000 comes across as friendly and almost charismatic when he is actually devoid of any real emotion and completely ruthless.

Since that is the only time he smiles in the film, it would be a wasted sculpt.

Exploded head would be the only interesting one left.

It's only one scene, but it is an important one that shows him searching for John and the story is setting up the character. The friendly mannerisms are a facade meant to placate strangers (and John) into not realizing the terminator's true motives and how dangerous he is.

And the battle damaged sculpts only depict specific scenes as well...

The extra scene where the T-1000 searches Johns room was a really nice surprise when I finally saw the extended cut of the flick. Now I find it hard to watch the movie without that scene in it.

The extra scene where the T-1000 searches Johns room was a really nice surprise when I finally saw the extended cut of the flick. Now I find it hard to watch the movie without that scene in it.

Yeh thats a cool scene. The feckin Region 2 dvd doesn't have the option to include it in the body of the film, its only available in the extras - and is hard to find at that.

It's only one scene, but it is an important one that shows him searching for John and the story is setting up the character. The friendly mannerisms are a facade meant to placate strangers (and John) into not realizing the terminator's true motives and how dangerous he is.

And the battle damaged sculpts only depict specific scenes as well...

While I do like that scene and the way it demonstrates the T-1000s superior infiltration abilities I wouldn't consider it more important than the likes of a donut headsculpt. Plus the expression might not translate very well to a 7" sized figure.

Last edited:
Hey a-dev, you mean a 12" figure, right? :) While the donut head is cool and all, I find the conveyed expressiveness of characters far more interesting than battle damage. I'm confident the expression could be pulled off in 1/6 scale. It's an unfortunate truth that most headsculpts either have a universal stern expression or a 1000 yard stare. But then their are the few like Stormtrooper Han, for instance, that portrays his classic smirk and does it remarkably well (can't blame the sculpt for the paint).

...I forgot what thread we were in. :) I thought this was the Neca thread where its primarily about the 7" line.

Well at 1/6th there'd be a better chance of a smiling headsculpt coming out better alright. From what company though? Hot Toys or Neca? The latter are reluctant to do 12" now and Hot Toys, many suspect, are done with the T-1000 after that jam-packed figure!

Kyle Reese would be the only thing I'm looking for after the new T-800. Still debating if I want to get two of those or if I'll try and scavange the parts I need for my on custom off of the bay...

This is why I can't see HT not making further T-800 figures. The classic Terminator films have had so many of us doubling up, trebling up and more on these figures. HT would be insane not to make more.

The truth is they're probably sculpted and painted by now. Just awaiting photography. The first T-800 was revealed around the end of September. Reese should be soon enough.

Hot Toys is certainly done with the T-1000 figure-wise. But I am hoping they could still make a new headsculpt that they could bundle with another figure that would make sense like 'Young John'. Personally, there can never be too many portraits. Ideally, 'Young John' would come with two of his own heads and one sinister smiling T-1000. ;)

Hot Toys is certainly done with the T-1000 figure-wise. But I am hoping they could still make a new headsculpt that they could bundle with another figure that would make sense like 'Young John'. Personally, there can never be too many portraits. Ideally, 'Young John' would come with two of his own heads and one sinister smiling T-1000. ;)

I'd love that. anything that could persuade HT that they'd get enough sales out of a young John figure. It'd more likely be the fully split BD head from Pescadero though as thats the one people couldn't understand the absence of in the T-1000 figure. Therefore it would in fairness be more likely to help John's sales than a smiling T-1000...I would think. Not that I personally wouldn't take a smiling headsculpt, I definitely would.

Back