NEXT SW Fig to PREVIEW Thurs!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I know what will get announced with Bubo on Thursday....

A giant "orifice" Sarlacc with Sideshow Collectibles emblazoned upon it and gobbles up all my money.

Either that or it can eat my really bad Hasbro figures!!!!

Patience, my friends, patience. You know, you have to know, that figures like Vader and troopers are in development. You just won't see them announced until we're 1000% proud of them, and let me tell you, there are some die-hard fanatics working on the line at the moment. The anticipation will make the release so much sweeter, I promise.

Sideshow Brant said:
Patience, my friends, patience. You know, you have to know, that figures like Vader and troopers are in development. You just won't see them announced until we're 1000% proud of them, and let me tell you, there are some die-hard fanatics working on the line at the moment. The anticipation will make the release so much sweeter, I promise.

Sideshow Toys! Now with full release!

I thought I had to go to those shady massage parlors!:rolleyes:

Analyzing Brant's statement:

Vader and troopers are for SDCC.

That means a good shot at Palpatine/Emperor for ToyFair.

Ass-sumptions, I know. But that has always been a good guess in my mind.

:D

What the hell happened to EU Snowbunny Padme? I hope she's the one that goes up. It's been long time since she won the EU vote.

SideshowDusty said:
You know, *technically* the Star Wars franchise is not 30 years old until May 25th. Just sayin'. ;)

I would say that *technically* the birth of the Star Wars franchise came almost a year earlier on July 21, 1976, the first day of the '76 San Diego Comic Con where Lucasfilm was there to promote the movie and sold the Howard Chaykin illustrated poster.

We are half a year away from the 31st anniversary of the "franchise".

So what do I win for being a smartass?
-theropod

theropod said:
I would say that *technically* the birth of the Star Wars franchise came almost a year earlier on July 21, 1976, the first day of the '76 San Diego Comic Con where Lucasfilm was there to promote the movie and sold the Howard Chaykin illustrated poster.

-theropod
Also didn't the Marvel comics come out before then? I'm not sure of the specific dates but I did hear that the comics were done to see if kids were interested in the universe.

theropod said:

-theropod

More time to wait...

I hope they do Vader with electronics...

screamingmetal said:
Also didn't the Marvel comics come out before then? I'm not sure of the specific dates but I did hear that the comics were done to see if kids were interested in the universe.

Alright, you know, you're really scaring me away from posting in the Star Wars section anymore :lol Official 30th Anniversary of Star Wars = May 25th, 1977... period.

I am going to get burned for this but... the only way Sideshow will top the Medicom Vader is with electronics. We need some lights damn it! Please no height comments, we already know.

SideshowDusty said:
Alright, you know, you're really scaring me away from posting in the Star Wars section anymore :lol Official 30th Anniversary of Star Wars = May 25th, 1977... period.

That would be the perfect day to reveal a 1/6th scale SS Darth Vader.

If I had the choice, I'd wait. That date is just too cool. 30 years full circle from Vader's first appearance to the pre-order of your own little Vader. Come on, its just... neat.

screamingmetal said:

Nope, issue #1 first hit the shelves on July, 1977.
-theropod

Darthrazz said:
Or....it might be something completely out of left field. Like say a Lobot or a Luke in Stormtrooper costume or even a Jango!!!

That would rock my world....but somethin' tells me we're a ways away from any armored characters...

Sideshow Brant said:

Thank you, Brant...that's good to know. Wanna be an Eight-Ball for a moment?
Is Jango in the development mix? Are specific clones (like Cody or Bly) under consideration soon? Throw us Bubos a bone here! :lol

Wor-Gar said:
That would be the perfect day to reveal a 1/6th scale SS Darth Vader.

If I had the choice, I'd wait. That date is just too cool. 30 years full circle from Vader's first appearance to the pre-order of your own little Vader. Come on, its just... neat.

Me thinks that Sideshow already has something planned for that day; hence Dusty's emphatic replies!!!

Back